Homophobic attack on Gay club in Florida. Why? - Page 43 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Heinie wrote:And how is one to know that someone who posts hate really does not mean to be taken seriously? Satire is poking fun at the powerful in society, not a persecuted minority who have just been riddled to death.

Whose viewpoint do you think I am expressing in the post you cited?
Suska wrote:I don't feel bad. You can't just tell me a story and play me like that. Unlike most of you I don't know what - if anything - happened in Orlando, I don't pretend I'm some tv genius and forensic rumors like an idiot and if you didn't get the gist of my last post; the result of all this talk here is an array of stark contradictions - as a group we obviously don't know a thing about it but if we had the time we could build such a long list of possibilities that somehow Ewoks did it will be one of the plausible options. You don't know, and stories of strangers, and conflicts of types, and speculations about motive, and wild fantasies about understanding people's minds - all serve the same purpose tv serves those hypothetical other people you all like to complain about.

Any good investigation starts with a nice long list of hypotheses. This is called the scientific method. It is also quite logical. It is how a rational human mind bridges the gap from the unknown to the future known.

We know the shooter and 49 people are dead, and another 53 are wounded.

We don't know why he did it.

It could be for any number of reasons.

As more facts come out about this wacko shooter (all these shooters are wacko whether Muslim or not) then we can decide for ourselves.

It is good to know why because then we can avoid the problem ourselves in the future, since this Earth is a very dangerous place and the God(s) who created it seem to be Deist not Theist.
Suska wrote:You don't know any of that - you heard a story and for all you know it could be a total fabrication.

The way you verify/validate data is to get several independent sources and check them and compare.

Ideally you would also do your own investigating if feasible.

I have no doubt of the data so far.

My own preliminary conclusion (hypothesis) based on the data is that it was not a homophobic crime in the sense of a non-gay upon gays. I suspect the shooter is gay or bi.

It could be self radicalized lone wolf terrorism but in that case it is gay on gay terrorism.

My primary hypothesis is that it was a revenge crime however.

We need more data from the FBI to sort all this out.
I don't need to know what's happening to perfect strangers across the country, I'm not joining your cult of types, you are weaving fantasies.
Suska wrote:I don't need to know what's happening to perfect strangers across the country, I'm not joining your cult of types, you are weaving fantasies.

Same thing happened here in California very recently -- company party.

Same thing could happen anywhere.

Lack of caution and interest is a big risk.

Seems like a version of denial called burying your head in the sand.

Works for some. More like a herd mentality however -- seeking the center of the herd for safety.

What if the danger is in the center of the herd however? Where does that leave you?

It is also rather amusing how some of these informal debates start out tit for tat and end up as epistemological challenges.

Epistemology is under rated.
You're the tool of anyone with a media venue, and you're a slave to imagined dangers, and you don't play this game of yours for practical reasons, it's salacious gossip and calling my objection an 'epistemological' argument is just a fancy way of dismissing it, it doesn't make you a philosopher - exactly the opposite.
Are you asking me about epistemology?

I think Dave was addressing Suska, yiostheoy.

Dave, Suska is an unemployed artist. Don't even try to make any sense out of anything he says. ;)
Dave wrote:Noteworthy: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 659983.php

Two years again another mohammedan born on our soil attempted a mass murder of homosexuals, this time through arson.

Fortunately his attack did not succeed.

Alcoholism -- the perp confessed to alcoholism.

He drank a bottle of whiskey and then he blacked-out and could not remember setting the fire.

Although alcohol does let the genie out of the bottle, there is little else that this case suggests other than foolishness. I would not call this jihad nor anti-gay either. More like pure temporary insanity based on an overdose of booze.
Okay, Heinie. It's like. Have you ever seen Stephen Colbert before he took over for David Letterman? On The Colbert Report?

He acted as a ridiculously over-the-top conservative. To mock conservatives. His humor rested on you laughing at him, not with him.

SpecialOlympian is acting as a ridiculously over-the-top asshole. To mock assholes. His humor'rests on you laughing at him.

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712