Homophobic attack on Gay club in Florida. Why? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

A shooting has been reported at a nightclub in the Florida city of Orlando, and the attacker is said to have taken hostages.
The incident happened at the Pulse Club, a gay nightclub in the city. It posted on its Facebook page: "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running".
Video footage being shared on social media showed wounded people being treated at the scene.
No official details of the incident have yet been given.
One man who says he was inside the club at the time and posted videos of the scene, said on his Facebook page that shots had been fired inside the club and people were "screaming that people are dead".
"They are just pulling people out in stretchers loading them up," Anthony Torres wrote.
Local TV reporter Stewart Moore tweeted that he had been told by a source that more than 20 people had been shot.
He said the attacker was still inside the nightclub with hostages, and was feared to be wearing a bomb.
Photos on social media show dozens of emergency vehicles at the scene.
Attacker(s) are still inside exchanging fire with police. Up to 42 shot/injured being treated in hospital, unknown number of dead, initially reports state ~10 dead on the scene.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/8 ... ted-states

We know nothing more than that. Since every dog and his owner has at least 50 machine guns between them in the US, could be anyone. A lone idiot, an Islamist ideologue, a mentally ill war vet, whoever.

Edit: Attacker allegedly shot himself? Starting to look like just another mass murder/suicide, 100+ of these mass shootings in the US every 12 months. But information could be wrong.

It better not be an Islamist attack as far as Hillary supporters are concerned, her campaign would be fucked beyond repair. Seems like the kind of place an adoring ISIS fanboi would hit or alternatively an abortion clinic bashing Christian fundie. It's a rainbow of possibilities.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 12 Jun 2016 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
It's instructive that this attack could be as likely a right wing nut job as a islamist nut job, their worldviews aren't to far apart.

I wonder though if a right wing attack would still hurt Hillary, it's something Trump can distance himself from but contributes to a climate if uncertainty and fear that helps him.
They're going in with a robot now, which implies there's something in there. It also means since robots are the first responder units to go into a scene such as this, danger remains. Reporters are suggesting explosive vest on the shooter/bomb inside.

And yeah this is just 3km from the site of that pop star shooting.

Edit: FBI guy says Terrorist attack.

Attacker had assault rifle, gun and a bomb vest. Suggestions there are 4 explosive devices involved. May also be off middle eastern appearance (according to police scanners). FBI also implied shooter is not from area, and possibly fits jihadist ideology. No links to yesterdays pop star shooting.
Trump and ISIS share the same platform.

Not only would Trump radically reshape the judiciary, where many key LGBT issues are decided, but he has also vowed to sign anti-LGBT activists’ top legislative priority, the misnamed First Amendment Defense Act, which would give legal approval to discrimination against LGBT people

Trump says
What he’d say to a gay grandchild:
“‘I have been against [same-sex marriage] from the standpoint of the Bible, from the standpoint of my teachings as growing up and going to Sunday school and going to church, and I’ve been opposed to it.”

“I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.”

On Caitlyn Jenner: “I knew him a little bit when Bruce was a great athlete. He was one of the best-looking people you’ll ever see.”

. “It’s like in golf. A lot of people — I don’t want this to sound trivial — but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive. It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”

America is “going to hell” because the NFL defended openly gay player

edit.
ISIS and the far right in the USA equally hate LGBT. They both will be ecstatic over the slaughter of gays. Without a doubt.

Last edited by anarchist23 on 12 Jun 2016 14:01, edited 3 times in total.
Name confirmed as Omar Mateen. Parents from Afghanistan.

Femicrats were praying it was a local psycho white guy so they could play the "ban all guns" and "OMG gay rights" cards, too bad for them it's another Islamist terrorist. ISIS Social media has lit up with commendations and assumed credit signalling.

Trump 2016
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 12 Jun 2016 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
ISIS would kill for a recruitment tool on the level of President Trump. A brash billionaire with a long record of Muslim-bashing, with a "loose" sexual history, funded to the hilt by the matzo-eating Sheldon Adelson. It just writes itself.

They have said in the past that they see the European right as essentially useful idiots, for exposing to Westernizing Muslims that the West "hates you just as much as us Salafists." They are literally the Joker in The Dark Knight, and proving Americans are just as crazy as them is a believable next step after "let's see if France takes the bait."
Suspect's name is Omar Mateen, born in 1989, citizen of the United States.

They're now investigating whether he was a lone gunman, or whether he was connected to Islamic extremists. The fact that they are doing this suggests that at the very least this guy was probably a Muslim. Which is absolutely not surprising at all to anyone who understands what Islam is.

EDIT: The rumour mill says he recently travelled to Pakistan a few times.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]