British MP murdered outside her constituency surgery - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Linky

Shocking and disgraceful. Commonplace in other parts of the World, perhaps, but not the sort of thing we expect to see on British streets.

:eek:
It could be related to Britain's far-right party which is involved in the Leave campaign. A witness said that the attacker "was seen and heard ranting 'Britain First'" during the incident. Last month, Britain First held an anti-EU rally in Leicester and the group “Midlands Anti-Fascist Network” showed up to push Britain First out of the city.

Mrs Cox has been campaigning for Remain in the EU referendum campaign which has now been suspended. Labour MP Jo Cox has been shot and stabbed to death in an attack reportedly carried out by a man shouting 'Britain First'. The Britain First party issued a statement denying it had any involvement saying: "An attack on an MP is an attack on British diplomacy - MPs are sacrosanct." West Yorkshire Police said a 52-year-old man has been arrested.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bi ... ox-8207285
Now now, just because he was shouting "Brtain First!" during the attack does not mean that the far-right had anything to do with this. He was probably just a self-hating white man, or he was insecure about his masculinity, or... or maybe the UK needs to ban guns and knives?

Idk... Just pick your favorie excuse and run with it.
The thing is, "Britain First!" is also a self-contained and very transferable slogan. Very convenient to be able to link it to the present far right though, gives the media something to chew on.

In hindsight, not the best name for a political party, tiny as that one is. An interesting comparison would be to look at the slogans shouted out by assassins throughout history and see which of those coincided with the (strict) names of organisations.
Last edited by jakell on 16 Jun 2016 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Heinie wrote:The murderer is clearly a demented English nationalist who hates the European Union. We all know the type.

You should spend a bit of time over where I do my other moderating - PoFoUK - the place is full o' the buggers!

:roll:

various posters wrote:...false flag...

It would be a shame to have to move this thread to Conspiracy Theories! I'm as cynical as they come, but I cannot believe that anyone in British politics is so motivated as to widow a man and rob two young children of their mother to sway a vote.
It would be a shame to have to move this thread to Conspiracy Theories! I'm as cynical as they come, but I cannot believe that anyone in British politics is so motivated as to widow a man and rob two young children of their mother to sway a vote.

This sort of thing used to happen all the time in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. It would be unusual in mainland Britain in 'peacetime' though, I'll grant you that.

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

I know some of those on the Left may have troub[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]