British woman, 21, killed in Australian backpackers' hostel attack by knifeman shouting Allahu Akbar - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/24/frenchman-in-australia-kills-british-backpacker-and-injures-man/

The religion of Peace(TM) strikes again. But of course we have nothing to fear from all the Real!Muslims. Obviously this one was a Fake!Muslim.
Unfortunate event.

'm thinking i should help the forum increase momentum by posting about drone strikes and western air strikes and operations in general and their casualties.
Maybe each report in a seperate thread. Yea that would work. But i need a catchy phrase with it.

"FREEDOM" and "DEMOCRACY" Strikes again could work ? what you think ?
Frollein wrote:The religion of Peace(TM) strikes again.

That is getting pretty old. I may as well break out Hitler's speeches for anything that happens in Germany.

Obviously there is a lot of conflict, but it is more situational on region and culture than religion.
Another senseless attack. These do not appear to be happening for any particular rhyme or reason. Someone simply has a violent disposition, becomes fanatical and then carries out an action like this.

The strangest part is that neither the attacker or the victim were even residents of Australia. How does someone go completely insane on holiday?
'm thinking i should help the forum increase momentum by posting about drone strikes and western air strikes and operations in general and their casualties.
Maybe each report in a seperate thread. Yea that would work. But i need a catchy phrase with it.

I think drone strikes are generally aimed at combatants - not civilians. If we posted about every air strike, offensive of every war in the world it might take a lot of space. Regarding collatoral damage, assad and russian unguided bombs are worse than drones.
Actually if you looked local news in lets say Yemen or Pakistan. You'd know that most casualties are civillians. Rarely any combatents or anything.
One time a drone strike was aimed at a wedding in Yemen.

If we posted about every act of aggression against civillians it would take a lots of space. And i assure you the majority would be your doing.

IF you haven't noticed, the type of threads are mostly : "random muslims somewhere killed 1 person who happened to be not muslim there".
Everyone freaks out, all the talk Islam Islam Muslims Muslim bla bla bla, usual westerner bullshit.
And i assure you, there are daily drone strikes and operations from you guys in Yemen and Pakistan, infact the one in Yemen currently both the direct and indirect series is much worse than the worst possible "terrorist" attack you can imagine. Its the very slow and painful death for civilians type.
The difference is that those strikes are not conducted by civilians but rather by the armed forces. Most people in Europe and the US have no desire to hurt Middle Eastern civilians. They are not happy about the drone strikes but do you think that Westerners actually have any control over what their governments do?

The terrorists who attack Europe are civilians. Those sorts of attacks lack any glory or manliness. They are no different to drone strikes. These Islamist attacks probably are "payback" but it takes severe mental gymnastics to rationalise them on that basis. It just proves that those who conduct them are political amateurs. Khomeini never resorted to such methods.
Last edited by Political Interest on 24 Aug 2016 13:50, edited 3 times in total.
anasawad wrote:If we posted about every act of aggression against civillians it would take a lots of space. And i assure you the majority would be your doing.

:lol:

You are truly delusional.

Political Interest wrote:The difference is that those strikes are not conducted by civilians but rather by the armed forces. Most people in Europe and the US have no desire to hurt Middle Eastern civilians. They are not happy about the drone strikes but do you think that Westerners actually have any control over what their governments do?

Let's face it, if the US wouldn't target terrorists with drone strikes the "Muslims" themselves would do it and kill 100x more civilians in the process. I'm obviously opposed to drone strikes, not for moral reasons but because I do not think they increase our security, to the contrary.
@Rugoz
Sure, i am delusional. And all the news are lies, and none of the events in the world is happening, and everyone is living happily ever after everywhere.

-Not sure if Muslims would be doing much killing as you expect since as far as history so far, you've been the ones doing most of the wars, killings, enslavement, occupation and generally all types of crimes, both within your own and abroad.
And you all keep talking about terrorists and all those things. You do realize that not only you found most of those groups, but also still funding and arming them right ?
Al-qaeda and ISIS are the best examples BTW. You founded both, you armed both, you trained both, you're funding both.
@Political Interest
Well, here is the thing.
First, terrorism and aggression against civillians in general doesn't change whether its done by governments or by armed groups or even normal people.
Its still the same act, just different in scales. And governments are on much larger scales than the rest.
Second is whether people support it or not. You said people don't have control over what their governments do, i agree, thats why i keep saying you guys also don't have any real democracy or such. You would have a say on these things if you did.

Those "Islamic terrorists" are either mercs or people stupid enough to be fooled into doing it, including many mostly for revenge or anger. Terrorism in general has a purpose and some benifit from it.
I assure you that most of the attacks are not aimed at Europe or the US rather against us. And in the same time, many of your leaders are benifiting from those events.

The biggest loser as in all cases is the ordinary everyday person regardless of whom.
Says the person who thinks the world is black and white, and everything is exactly what it seems.

The fact that these terrorists groups are coming from your governments is not even a secret.
The US founding Al-Qaeda is simple facts and even admitted by the US government it self. The Taliban is the same case, literally the same case as the same fighters one formed became the Taliban and one Al-qaeda.
ISIS is also a simillar story. In one hand the US sent tons of weapons to groups that are part of ISIS or allied with them, while knowing that.
And is living off funding from both the gulf states, whom are puppets and so far since their formation have been serving British and American interests. And from Turkey both by having access to sell oil and stolen goods from Syria through Turkey (thats why you see all those videos and reports of Russia bombing oil trucks going to Turkey) and also by having most of its weapons through Turkish lands.
Heck, even if we looked at how ISIS was formed. It came from two groups, one was Al-qaeda in Iraq, so far successfully serving political and economical interests of the US. And from a group that split from Al-Nusra front Islamists, who are literally being treated in Israel and many reports says they even get help from Israel through the border area they share with Israel.
Ooh, and BTW, Al-Nusra front is also one of the "rebel" groups who recieved funding and weapons from the US.
anasawad wrote:If we posted about every act of aggression against civillians it would take a lots of space. And i assure you the majority would be your doing.

The majority of the worlds conflicts involve one or more sides which are Islamist. The West is involved in a minority of conflicts. There can be no doubt that Islamic people are the instigators of most of the worlds warfare and terrorism.

If you don't believe me, look up the Wikipedia article of ongoing conflicts and count how many involve the religion of peace.
Really ?
Across the past centuries and until now. Specifically Britain, France, Spain and the US have been a major player in majority of wars.
The US is a leading part of 9 out of 10 wars and conflicts in the past century. And mostly was funding and supporting in the 1 left.

Most terrorist groups are not only supported but founded by western nations. Mainly the US and Britain.

And to add, the majority of nations, groups, places around the world were at one point or anther in the past 2 centuries attacked by either the US or UK.
Sure, i am delusional. And all the news are lies, and none of the events in the world is happening, and everyone is living happily ever after everywhere.

You are more than delusional if you think most civilian casualtys are from western air strikes. .....

Is there any point of asking for evidence of such a claim :eh: ?
Not just airstrikes. Generally, any type of military operation.
Comparably, yes, your governments did kills much more people in the post WW2 period until now than all the terrorist attacks that ever was and probably ever would be, could ever kill.
(that includes the people who work for your governments in general, regardless whether citizens or mercs)
And ofcourse, that ignoring the previously stated facts.
Zagadka wrote:That is getting pretty old. I may as well break out Hitler's speeches for anything that happens in Germany.
That analogy would actually make sense, if the Nazi party were still a force in the region, expanding like crazy into liberal countries and hiding under the veneer of a religion.

Oh, and if it had ratified a modified "Human rights declaration" where said rights are subordinate to the Sharia preservation of Aryan purity or some other central tenet of the ideology.

Obviously there is a lot of conflict, but it is more situational on region and culture than religion.
Yes, because Australia is such a hotbed of ethnic strife. :roll:
Comparably, yes, your governments did kills much more people in the post WW2 period until now than all the terrorist attacks that ever was and probably ever would be, could ever kill.

Well yes if you include this entire period. IN fact the vietnam war alone killed more civilians than all the terrorists in history no doubt.

I thought you were talking about current western military action which is actually quite limited.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]