Genocide in Myanmar and no one cares. - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The UN has become a laughing stock without legal or moral authority.

Solutions will have to be found locally or regionally.

The original people of the three districts in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (Khagrachari, Rangamati and Bandarban) are mainly Buddhist tribes.
The families that moved into Rakhine according to my previous post came from Bandarban, which is just adjacent to it.
If this trend continues and gains strength, some Rohingyas might settle in the Hill Tracts in
Bangladesh.
Under previous regimes, the Hill Tracts have been colonised by Bangladeshi Muslims, they are now about 50% of the total population.
Ter wrote:The UN has become a laughing stock without legal or moral authority.

Please share with us the great era of UN legal and moral authority? Was it the Korean war? The Vietnam war? Was it the era of the Soviet Afghan, the Iran- Iraq war and the Lebanese civil war? Or maybe you're thinking of the 90s and the UN's noble and dignified intervention in Somalia.
Amazing. Some of those Islamist fifth columnists are still there? Surely some of the more civilized peoples in the region can pitch in and help poor Myanmar de-Islamize itself and save its children's future. It is trying to modernize, not regress back into medieval savagery under the thumb of that nasty sociopathic death cult inflicted on Burma by the homosexual kiddie raping British Islamo-philes that infested Britain's ruling and intellectual classes from the 18th century right up to FDR's post-WW II decolonization agendas bearing fruit.

Driving out Islamists is only common sense for those countries who want to advance and preserve some of their own cultures. Wonder why those who insist they're for 'Diversity' always rush to defend Islam? They must be either stupid or blatant liars, or both.
Oberon wrote:Amazing. Some of those Islamist fifth columnists are still there? Surely some of the more civilized peoples in the region can pitch in and help poor Myanmar de-Islamize itself and save its children's future. It is trying to modernize, not regress back into medieval savagery under the thumb of that nasty sociopathic death cult inflicted on Burma by the homosexual kiddie raping British Islamo-philes that infested Britain's ruling and intellectual classes from the 18th century right up to FDR's post-WW II decolonization agendas bearing fruit.

Driving out Islamists is only common sense for those countries who want to advance and preserve some of their own cultures. Wonder why those who insist they're for 'Diversity' always rush to defend Islam? They must be either stupid or blatant liars, or both.

This post is devoid of argument, but replete with bigotry and insults.

Thank you for providing an example of the intellectual vapidity of Islamophobia.
anarchist23 wrote:When I started this thread sixteen months ago there was no real publicity of the plight of the Rohingya. Thus "No one cares."
Yes. The UN do fine work around the globe..

I suppose it wasn't in the news at that time. The current situation has been an issue ever since WWII.

I just wanted to clarify that there are those who do care, but have seen their efforts stonewalled.

Zam
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rohingy ... -1.4602720

Canada should take a leadership role in responding to the Rohingya crisis by ramping up humanitarian aid and development efforts and showing a willingness to welcome refugees from the region, Bob Rae, Canada's special envoy to Myanmar, says in his final report.

The lawyer and former interim Liberal leader makes 16 recommendations on how Canada and international allies should respond to help the Rohingya Muslim refugees who have fled their homes in the Buddhist state of Myanmar. He said Canada should develop a multi-year funding plan beginning this year for a response that focuses on humanitarian assistance, education, and supporting infrastructure.

He estimates annual costs, including additional staff at headquarters and abroad, to be about $150 million for the next four years.

Rae warns that the job of protecting lives will require presence, perseverance and patience.

"There are no guarantees of success, and many lives are still in the balance," he concludes. "But one thing is certain: if we fail to try, the results will be far worse than if we make the necessary effort."

Nearly 700,000 Rohingya have fled western Myanmar's Rakhine state to neighbouring Bangladesh and are now living in camps.

As well as showing a willingness to welcome Rohingya refugees from both Bangladesh and Myanmar, Canada should encourage a discussion among "like-minded countries" to do the same, Rae said in his report.

"This in no way lessens the obligations of the government of Myanmar to accept responsibility for the departure in such violent circumstances of the Rohingya population from their homes," his report says.

During a news conference in Ottawa today, Rae said no one should underestimate the challenges that lie ahead, but said Canada and the world has an obligation to respond.

"It's a very, very troubling, tragic situation," he said. "It's going to require a change of heart inside Myanmar to really make repatriation possible."

Among the other recommendations in the report:

Canada should continue to pursue a policy of active engagement with the Government of Myanmar and should continue to provide development assistance focused on the needs of all communities in that country.
    Canada should increase development assistance to Rakhine State and all of Myanmar, focusing on the needs of women and girls, reconciliation, security and human rights.
    Canada should work with allies to initiate an investigation into crimes against humanity and genocide.
    Canada should establish a Rohingya Working Group within the government, chaired by a senior deputy minister, to ensure a "whole-of-government" response.
    Canada should urge allies to establish an international working group to pursue joint efforts.

The world community has so far failed to move Myanmar's military government, or its civilian leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, to act.

During the news conference , Rae said the debate over her role is ongoing, and said those who are responsible must be held to account after an investigation. While he did not name her specifically in the report, he said he wished she had spoken out, and would speak out.

Suu Kyi is a Nobel poet laureate and an honourary Canadian citizen. Rae said the decision to bestow citizenship on her was made by the previous Conservative government and he does not know what reasons went into that decision.

"I'm not defending anybody. What's happened in Myanmar is terrible, and I think everyone in the government in Myanmar has to take their share of the responsibility for what's taken place," he said.

Asked if the persecution of Rohingya is a genocide, Rae said he would not weigh into an academic debate over what meets the legal definition but said there are "disturbing echoes" of situations in past. In his report, he noted that the lesson of history is that genocide is not an event like a bolt of lightning, but a process that unfolds over time.

"If I didn't think it was possible, I wouldn't have written those words," he said.

Rae was appointed as special envoy to Myanmar by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Oct. 23 and has travelled to Indonesia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Vietnam, and the UN in New York, holding discussions with officials, leaders, and non-governmental organizations.

Of course the Sub-Human Rights concerns and crocodile tears the Leftists shed over the fate of islamic butchers and how they themselves started a campaign of violence against the Myanmar state and its indigenous people are never a factor in the minds of leftist liars and propagandists. Canadian leftists are more than a little entertaining, though; none of them advocate changing Canada's own immigration laws and they're perfectly fine with remaining The Great White North, especially re indigenous minorities in their own hemisphere. Their Latino population is extremely tiny , and that isn't an oversight; they haven't been very welcoming to refugees from Central or South America; they much prefer making hypocritical and pointless PR gestures far away from their own borders, where they aren't in any danger of swarms of refugees putting their 'concerns' to any real test of 'Diversity' and 'tolerance'. It's a much better when the PR visuals don't' actually require anything of them except photo ops.

It appears yet again arm-chair 'Progressives' prefer to hide in white Christian countries with freedom of speech and legal protections and toss spit balls of irrelevance rather than risk their own skins in any genuine 'revolutionary' activities, showing us all how commited they really are to proving out their policies and how shallow their concerns are. We never see any Rachel Corries standing in the way of ISIS or the Iranian thugs or Hezbollah or the Taliban, except of course as volunteers and propagandists.

Non-Islamic lives don't matter in their 'Causes'.
Oberon wrote:Of course the Sub-Human Rights concerns and crocodile tears the Leftists shed over the fate of islamic butchers and how they themselves started a campaign of violence against the Myanmar state and its indigenous people are never a factor in the minds of leftist liars and propagandists. Canadian leftists are more than a little entertaining, though; none of them advocate changing Canada's own immigration laws and they're perfectly fine with remaining The Great White North, especially re indigenous minorities in their own hemisphere. Their Latino population is extremely tiny , and that isn't an oversight; they haven't been very welcoming to refugees from Central or South America; they much prefer making hypocritical and pointless PR gestures far away from their own borders, where they aren't in any danger of swarms of refugees putting their 'concerns' to any real test of 'Diversity' and 'tolerance'. It's a much better when the PR visuals don't' actually require anything of them except photo ops.

It appears yet again arm-chair 'Progressives' prefer to hide in white Christian countries with freedom of speech and legal protections and toss spit balls of irrelevance rather than risk their own skins in any genuine 'revolutionary' activities, showing us all how commited they really are to proving out their policies and how shallow their concerns are. We never see any Rachel Corries standing in the way of ISIS or the Iranian thugs or Hezbollah or the Taliban, except of course as volunteers and propagandists.

Non-Islamic lives don't matter in their 'Causes'.

This post is devoid of argument, but replete with bigotry and insults.

Thank you for providing an example of the intellectual vapidity of Islamophobia.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This post is devoid of argument, but replete with bigotry and insults.

This post is a repeat of the same rubbish it posted before, a bot parroting itself.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It was completely correct both times.

No, it wasn't; it was just that there was no genuine refutation possible of my points re the real existential issues and the inevitable results of Islamist reaching a critical population level, that's all. See, there are many many centuries of their tactics to point to, and none to refute what is known about them. That's why you avoid answering and instead conduct this infantile posting gimmick of yours.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Canada should take a leadership role in responding to the Rohingya crisis by ramping up humanitarian aid and development efforts and showing a willingness to welcome refugees from the region

This is good news.
Open border advocates like Godstud should welcome them to Canada.
There's more than 700,000 of those refugees here, how many should we send over?
:eek: Quote me @Ter! You can't? That's because I have NEVER advocated Open Borders. Are lies going to be your go to tactic? Why are you even mentioning me when I've barely comment on this topic? :roll: Address Pants of Dog.

Are you trying to be like the other right-wingnuts on Pofo? You've always been so reasonable up until the last day or so. You don't need to LIE to be part of their clique. :knife:

I am sure Canada will welcome some of them, as most Canadians aren't racist assholes with islamophobia.

Don't mention my name, if you are just going to be an ass. You have no argument on this subject, just more anti-Islam fee-fees.
Godstud wrote: I have NEVER advocated Open Borders

Of course you did. By attacking people who are against the massive influx of economic migrants, you have profiled yourself as an advocate of open borders.
There is a strong movement against the continuing import of hundreds of thousands of Muslim immigrants into Europe and you attack those people including myself, who you named as Islamophobe. I have no problem with Muslims but I do not want all of them in Europe.
I am not saying your are on Soros's payroll but you sure sing the same song.
If I did that, then you have asked for the extermination of all Muslims. :lol: That's the same stupid argument.

I've always argued good immigration policy without discrimination. The fools who assume differently, are just that.

Sorry, @Ter but you've gone completely off the reservation.
Godstud wrote:If I did that, then you have asked for the extermination of all Muslims. :lol: That's the same stupid argument.

I've always argued good immigration policy without discrimination. The fools who assume differently, are just that.

Sorry, @Ter but you've gone completely off the reservation.

I am sorry but you are just talking rubbish now.

My previous post is rational and correct.

Ter wrote:By attacking people who are against the massive influx of economic migrants, you have profiled yourself as an advocate of open borders.
There is a strong movement against the continuing import of hundreds of thousands of Muslim immigrants into Europe and you attack those people including myself, who you named as Islamophobe. I have no problem with Muslims but I do not want all of them in Europe.

It is moreover laughable that you consider posters who do not share your ideas to be "off the reservation".
Ter wrote:This is good news.
Open border advocates like Godstud should welcome them to Canada.
There's more than 700,000 of those refugees here, how many should we send over?

Is this supposed to be an argument or some sort of intelligent commentary?

The campaign against the Rohingya has been described as a textbook case of ethnic cleansing. The word “genocide” has also been mentioned.

If you wish to ignore how the Myanmar government and people are attacking this religious minority in order to focus on attacking other posters, go ahead, but don’t quote me when you do it.
Ter wrote:I am sorry but you are just talking rubbish now.
I am trying to match the stupid things you've said. I'm almost there, I see. :lol:

Ter wrote:My previous post is rational and correct.
It's only that if you ignore facts. You're arguing from emotion, and not reason.

Ter wrote:It is moreover laughable that you consider posters who do not share your ideas to be "off the reservation".
You are "off the reservation" because you took to attacking me as a poster, with blatant falsehoods. I've never argued 'Open Borders'. You've gone to straight to misinterpretation and falsehood, in order to support your emotional argument.

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

In Canada, Indigenous people have been harassed r[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]