Genocide in Myanmar and no one cares. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Wake up and read a book. Your statement is bullshit.
Humans have fundamental rights in International Law. Prohibition of torture, of genocide, of crimes against humanity, of war crimes, of apartheid, of slavery. This is applied globally.

Ah, emotional attacks instead of responding to my post. Do you deny human rights are a Western ideology?
Do you deny that abiding by all human rights basically requires you to adhere to ideas of Western democracy?
Just because Liberal globalism has successfully included the UN in their apparatus does not justify it being morally correct, or can you justify that it is? You pursue the goals of the Oligarchy and then tell me I am ignorant. Wake up puppet!
Do you deny that abiding by all human rights basically requires you to adhere to ideas of Western democracy?

Who's talking about all Human Rights.

Again.
Humans have fundamental rights in International Law. Prohibition of torture, of genocide, of war crimes, of apartheid, of slavery. These are applied globally.

Under Rome Statute. (1998) Ratified in 2002, if you are guilty of the above crimes you can be hauled in front of the I.C.C. As will those who are responsible for crimes against the Rohingya in Myanmar.
Who's talking about all Human Rights.

Again.
Humans have fundamental rights in International Law. Prohibition of torture, of genocide, of crimes against humanity, of war crimes, of apartheid, of slavery. This is applied globally.

Your source was an UN agency that supports all human rights and I said they should be evaluated as any other propaganda source because of it. I will not take their word that these abuses are common and a cause for outside intervention. Of course, I do not believe in outside intervention under the current world political affiliations.

The first sentence of the Opening Post of this thread is Genocide in Myanmar and no one cares because the Rohingya are Muslims. Your opinion that to be against the crime of genocide is dependent on adhering to the ideas of western democracy is what it is, your opinion.
Posting those pictures do not contribute to a solution.
What is the solution ?
I don't see the Burmese Authorities letting them come back, giving them Burmese citizenship, and saying sorry.
They need to be relocated to a friendly country. As they are very conservative Muslims, it will have to be a Muslim country. Malaysia has a lot of space.
Sharing information about brutal murder, rape, beatings, discrimination etc. shouldn't immediately demand a solution, though if you were to ask me, the Burmese and Ms Nobel Peace Prize should quit discriminating against some of its citizens based on their religion.
It is sad what is happening, and I'm curious how much of an effort Islamic charities and organizations are putting forth in response to the crisis, especially after the way Muslim-majority states dealt with Syrian situation.

Also interesting is that Myanmar has not become another theatre in the global jihad, considering their propaganda consists almost entirely of a Manichaean victim complex. It's as though Islamists don't have any stomach to fight a military dictatorship and prefer to disturb more stable societies.
Ter wrote:Posting those pictures do not contribute to a solution.
What is the solution ?

If you tap/click on the photos you get this...

It’s a U.N. report U.N. officials themselves call revolting and unbearable. Myanmar’s security forces killed, gang-raped, and tortured hundreds of Rohingya Muslims in a wave of unprecedented violence, according to a new U.N. report released Friday. Victims included children and babies as young as eight months. In recent months, Myanmar security forces stepped up their efforts to clear the ethnic group from the country’s borders — in a campaign of “area clearance operations” — to historic levels in terms of both scale and brutality. “The ‘area clearance operations’ have likely resulted in hundreds of deaths and have led to an estimated 66,000 people fleeing into Bangladesh and 22,000 being internally displaced,” the new U.N. report said.A U.N. human rights research team wrote the report after interviewing hundreds of Rohingya who Myanmar security forces drove to neighboring Bangladesh.The U.N. human rights office called the accounts “revolting.” Of the 101 women interviewed, over half told the U.N. team they had been sexually assaulted, raped, or gang-raped. One gang-rape victim was 11 years old. Another was nine months pregnant. The U.N. also received reports of Myanmar security forces killing children aged six and younger with knives. “The devastating cruelty to which these Rohingya children have been subjected is unbearable,” U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein said in a statement. “What kind of ‘clearance operation’ is this? What national security goals could possibly be served by this?” he added. In December, John McKissick, head of the UN High Commission for Refugees, labeled the operations, which first started in October, “ethnic cleansing.”The Rohingya, numbering 1.1 million people in the country’s western Rakhine state, are loathed by the rest of the population and live in apartheid conditions. They’ve been called “the most persecuted minority in the world.” Despite its brutality, the military’s campaign against the Rohingya is widely popular in Myanmar. The military claims it is fighting a Rohingya rebel insurgency, which restored the military’s popularity in the public’s eye. One of Myanmar’s most prominent political figures, Aung San Suu Kyi, a recipient of the Nobel-Peace Prize, is facing increasing international criticism for staying quiet on the plight of Myanmar’s Muslim population — though it’s unclear how much clout she has with the military.She refused U.N. requests to gain full access to its Rakhine state, where most of the violence reportedly took place. After the report’s release on Friday, Suu Kyi vowed to launch an investigation into the crimes and “take all necessary action” against abusers. On Sunday, one of the country’s top legal advisers and a prominent member of Myanmar’s minority Muslim community, Ko Ni, was shot dead after speaking out about atrocities against the Rohingya. At the time he was shot, Ko Ni was holding his grandson.

The culprits should understand that they will be held responsible, be busted and be incarcerated for a long time, this will cut down the abuse dramatically. Unfortunately little is done and the perpetrators are not punished. International pressure does work.
anarchist23 wrote:The culprits should understand that they will be held responsible, be busted and be incarcerated for a long time, this will cut down the abuse dramatically. Unfortunately little is done and the perpetrators are not punished. International pressure does work.

You are responding to this news emotionally.
It is laudable but you seem not to understand what is going on.
Nobody in Burma wants these people around. Not the military, not the politicians and not the civilian population. They see the Rohyinga as a security threat because sooner or later they will want to secede from Burma and proclaim indpendence for Arakan Province. They are already doing what Muslims do in other countries, namely having lots of kids to use the demographic weapon later on.

The UN has no credibility or prestige any more. That's what block voting did for them. The UN has become a political instrument for the Third World countries.

The solution I proposed in the earlier post is more realistic. Get those people to a new home, preferably a Muslim majority country like Malaysia. Or let them return to Bangladesh where they came from.
What I do not understand is why leftists and others who usually condemn Western intervention are now calling for it in this instance. Either the West becomes isolationist or it continues to interfere in the affairs of the rest of the world. It cannot do both.

And yes, it is very interestng to observe how Islamists have not made this into such a major cause celebre. It would appear that they are only interested in agitating against Western imperialism but ignore excesses committed against Muslims in other theatres.
Ter wrote:You are responding to this news emotionally.
It is laudable but you seem not to understand what is going on.
Nobody in Burma wants these people around. Not the military, not the politicians and not the civilian population. They see the Rohyinga as a security threat because sooner or later they will want to secede from Burma and proclaim indpendence for Arakan Province. They are already doing what Muslims do in other countries, namely having lots of kids to use the demographic weapon later on.

The UN has no credibility or prestige any more. That's what block voting did for them. The UN has become a political instrument for the Third World countries.

The solution I proposed in the earlier post is more realistic. Get those people to a new home, preferably a Muslim majority country like Malaysia. Or let them return to Bangladesh where they came from.

I agree, a new home for the refugees is required, permanently or temporarily, but....
Being ejected from your home is bad enough but to murdered or raped in the process is not acceptable. Rape and murder is a no no and the culprits should be arrested and put on trial, possibly the rape/murder is instigated by the authorities and they should be busted as well. They should be made an example of. A tribunal in Myanmar should be set up by the UN. Myanmar is a third world country and Human Rights is alien to their thinking. Education in Human Rights and the law is important and hopefully this will be embraced in Myanmar in the future.
Political Interest wrote:What I do not understand is why leftists and others who usually condemn Western intervention are now calling for it in this instance.

The right does the same thing. Some foreign conflicts have benefits for other groups. One of the election memes was "Killary", and Trump criticized her for attacking Libya etc... then has gone on to make threats against Iran, North Korea, etc while sending in attacks against Yemen for the Saudi puppetmasters.
I am also a little puzzled why exactly this situation gets so much attention.
We have the South Sudan brutal civil war with possible real genocide, Nigeria Boko Haram with rapes and abductions and forced conversions, Uganda The Lord's army with child abductions, child sexual slavery, children compulsorily deployed in armed conflicts, Somalia who knows what is happening there, Erythrea torture of opposition by brutal dictatorship, and so on and so forth.

What sets this situation (and the Palestinian problem) apart from all the others is that we see Muslims persecuted by non-Muslims.

It does not diminish the plight of the Rohyingas of course but it might explain why this situation gets the lime light.
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]