President Trump has signed an executive order formally withdrawing the United States from the TPP - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

One Degree wrote:The reason I say we have lost in the East is because of Americans being incapable of taking a longer term view. This makes it impossible for us to compete against China which only takes a long range view. They won before the war ever started. We need to acknowledge this and regroup and try to get Americans thinking logically and long term.

What have "we lost?"

The TPP was a deal that would ask Vietnam and other less developed nations to give up on worker's rights and environmental protection in exchange for... more jobs being exported from the USA and other wealthy countries. For workers, this deal is lose-lose.

Virtually nothing useful is made in the USA or other rich nations anymore except raw materials - food and mineral resources. If we don't start making our own bicycles, kitchen products and electronic equipment soon... we will fall back to being a totalitarian hellhole, repressed by a militarized state apparatus protecting Walmart and Humana shareholders from the starving masses.
skinster wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iI4BuZ9v_E

I'm really surprised by this video. Does this mean Trump is giving up the "Asia Pivot" and going back to the Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny?

(With just a touch of Ocean's 11?)
QatzelOk wrote:I'm really surprised by this video. Does this mean Trump is giving up the "Asia Pivot" and going back to the Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny?

(With just a touch of Ocean's 11?)

That was always my thought, but he has already been compromised by the republican swamp monsters, which means a continuation of erratic foreign policy.
I'm not sure if Trump is able to think within frameworks like the Asia Pivot or the Monroe Doctrine. Neither of them means getting back jobs we exported to Southeast Asia or Latin America and becoming like them, by the way. Maybe Trump knows he should make America, or some parts of it at least, a second world country to broaden and cement his base and have the political environment he needs if he wants to be a successful politician in the long term, which he couldn't be in a real first world country obviously.
Describing the Orwellian names that the USA plutocracy gives to its many terror campaigns against foreigners, Beren wrote:...frameworks...

Until Americans start demanding to participate in their own democratic system, they will continue to lose their jobs and their lives to capitalism, just like the Apache and Sioux did.

As usual, the motto is: Forget your own happiness and think of all the frameworks.

@FiveofSwords There is no biological aspect […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]