Great-grandfather comes out as gay at 95: 'I want the world to know' - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

SpecialOlympian wrote:It's almost as if there might be some story to sell in the documentary this man is starring in. One about a 95 year old man who can talk about what it was like to be gay in a world before the internet, before Stonewall, and before widespread acceptance of homosexuality.

Oh you mean that story that has never been told before?

Fun fact: Alan Turing was actually chemically castrated because he wouldn't shut up about being gay, not because he was gay.

Now if only we could find an equivalent drug for the SJW virtue signalling...
You really shouldn't get your facts from Hollywood versions of history.

Alan Turing was discovered when he covered up the facts of a petty theft he'd reported to the police in order to protect his lover.

Those were very bad times.

Good luck to the old fella, anyway.
I don't see it as attention-grabbing. It isn't the most ground-breaking story because a lot of people up to a certain generation have come to accept homosexuality as being as close to "normal" as other things that were once seen as taboo - women voting, workers rights, slavery, depends how far back you want to go.

But to this man he has spent the vast, vast majority of it living in a world where he has had to deny his true self to everybody including himself for a long time. It would have taken a lot of courage, or maybe he just lost patience and felt he wanted this secret to be public knowledge before it dies with him.

It saves his wife having to make that choice herself at some point, and who knows it might help others find the strength to do the same without waiting until they are 95 with an entire village's worth of descendants before finally doing so.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I personally am not aware of any other "coming out at 95" stories but originality is not the only thing that makes a book, tv show, movie, documentary, etc. worthwhile.

That's right, we also didn't have a "coming out at 96" story yet, and think of all the other coming out stories that are waiting to be told, like "red haired father of three coming out at 76" vs. the totally different, and thus fascinating "black bachelor coming out at 85" story.

I guess the story of men finally letting "the world" know that they've always yearned for other men's dicks are immensely fascinating for... men yearning for other men's dicks, but the other 96% of "the world" don't give a damn.
Frollein wrote:That's right, we also didn't have a "coming out at 96" story yet, and think of all the other coming out stories that are waiting to be told, like "red haired father of three coming out at 76" vs. the totally different, and thus fascinating "black bachelor coming out at 85" story.

I guess the story of men finally letting "the world" know that they've always yearned for other men's dicks are immensely fascinating for... men yearning for other men's dicks, but the other 96% of "the world" don't give a damn.

It's not about another man's dick, it's about another man's romantic love. It's also not about yearning, it's about what you don't feel and want to feel: romantic love for women, and love to and from another person. Considering what time period he was raised in, it really isn't hard to imagine him covering it uo for so long. Up until he was in his 70's, open homophobia was not just common but accepted.
Lack of interest =/= fear or hatred. Calling an attention whore an attention whore =/= fear or hatred. Just because he's homo doesn't mean everyone has to pay attention to his private problems.

The world doesn't revolve around the problems of the 4%, it only seemed so lately because they've become the pet project of the left. Now that the same left has shifted their victim-rescuing to their new Islamic pets, it won't take long before the rainbows and unicorns will be thrown under the bus. Happened already with the feminists. :coffee:
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:it's about another man's romantic love

And while your heart was fluttering, did you also spare a thought for that poor guy's wife who was forced to live with a man who offloaded this "terrible secret" onto her? If he's 95, you know when they'd have married, which means the woman didn't have the option of divorce - and especially not with two children that were probably made while he overlayed her face with that of some dude he had the hots for.

Does your empathy extend so far to imagine how the woman must have felt, knowing that her own husband didn't desire her? What that must have done to her sense of self-worth?

And after she's dead, he has to humiliate her further by telling "the world" how he was forced to fuck a woman when he'd much rather have fucked a man.

Yeah, the romance is rolling off the pages here. If he had been a decent guy, he'd have stayed a bachelor.
One can look at sexuality as a spectrum, ranging from rampant hormonal driven tyranny that drives men to imagine all kinds of ways to obtain satisfaction when evolution has provided the perfect vehicle in which to do so...FEMALES,who have the same drive as men..

Ever heard or seen them?

Whatever way you look at it there is no such thing as 'love' between those of the same sex, any more than there is consummate sex.

Ever heard of 'platonic' love?

The ancient Greeks knew & practiced that kind of non-physical 'love' in same gender relationships.

That is a very different attitude to that which has become acceptable to a brainwashed younger generation currently in transition.

The Greeks knew that it wasn't necessary to have a close relationship with the same sex without misdirecting the sexual imperative from a male-female physical relationship.

'Homosexuality' is not accepted by the majority because it is simply not 'consummated' by same gender coitus.

Evolution, even religion, as demonstrated in the Bible(I am an 'Atheist')saw that 'seed falls upon stony ground' as a metaphor for such activities which cannot be consummated, ONLY a male-female one can be.

Now , in our politically correct world that New Labour created through brainwashing within the education system, such behaviour has been described as the 'norm', in their terms, that would appear to be the 'default'.

Given the effects that this has had on our society, it's not surprising that births in this country by indigenous young people has declined greatly, in the order of 4 births per migrant couples- 1 birth per couple of indigenous origin.

That so much media space is given to a 95 year old fart, is quite simply pathetic, a case of an old fart emerging from one 'hole', just in time to fall into an even bigger one.

What homophiles can never accept, is that it takes 'different' sexes to reproduce, but, that they have so twisted our values through their subversive entry into religious, political, educational, media(BBC),as well as other spheres of public life, that
our society will pay a price for in the future, of which higher migrant births is just one manifestation.

I am NOT 'homophobic', I am against the unwarranted influence that this group has on the rest of society, it is no less subversive than ISIS is to our societies.

Hmm. How old is this guy? Could be he is not an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]