Wall Street Statue Symbolizes Alliance Between Capitalism and Feminism - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, a statue of a little girl is a clear symbol that sexism is over, the patriarchy no longer exists. Lol. No.

According to an MSCI study, companies with strong female leadership generated a return on equity of 10.1 percent per year versus 7.4 percent for those without a critical mass of women at the top, which is a 36.4 percent increase of average return on equity. 2,3 And, according to a 2015 McKinsey Global Institute report, moving to a scenario where women participate in the economy identically to men would add up to $28 trillion, or an additional 26 percent, to annual global GDP by 2025 compared to a business as usual scenario.4

Despite this, although there has been some progress made on the inclusion of women on corporate boards, one out of every four Russell 3000 companies do not have even one woman on their board, and nearly 60 percent have fewer than 15 percent of their boards comprising women directors.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... -Companies

You do realize your argument's invalid because you just treated people like statistics, right?

That was the problem with sexism in the first place - it would generalize people based on the behavior of some. You're coming off like you're a sexist who doesn't want to stop engaging in behaviorist generalizations, so instead of going after women, you use women to go after men who would tell you to stop doing what you're doing.
Dubayoo wrote:You do realize your argument's invalid because you just treated people like statistics, right?

First of all, i did not treat people like stats. I pointed out the stats.

Secondly, what you said makes no sense.

That was the problem with sexism in the first place - it would generalize people based on the behavior of some. You're coming off like you're a sexist who doesn't want to stop engaging in behaviorist generalizations, so instead of going after women, you use women to go after men who would tell you to stop doing what you're doing.

So instead of responding to my argument, you are just going to try (and fail) to accuse me of hypocrisy.

Even if I am a hypocrite, my argument is still right and yours is still wrong.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, a statue of a little girl is a clear symbol that sexism is over, the patriarchy no longer exists. Lol. No.

According to an MSCI study, companies with strong female leadership generated a return on equity of 10.1 percent per year versus 7.4 percent for those without a critical mass of women at the top, which is a 36.4 percent increase of average return on equity. 2,3 And, according to a 2015 McKinsey Global Institute report, moving to a scenario where women participate in the economy identically to men would add up to $28 trillion, or an additional 26 percent, to annual global GDP by 2025 compared to a business as usual scenario.4

Despite this, although there has been some progress made on the inclusion of women on corporate boards, one out of every four Russell 3000 companies do not have even one woman on their board, and nearly 60 percent have fewer than 15 percent of their boards comprising women directors.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... -Companies

I thought you hated capitalism? Now you are suggesting capitalism can make even more profits if they have more women in senior management? WTF.
SolarCross wrote:I thought you hated capitalism? Now you are suggesting capitalism can make even more profits if they have more women in senior management? WTF.

My opinion towards capitalism has no effect on the economic advantages of boardroom diversity.

Much like how a statue has no effect on whether or not capitalism is pro or anti-feminism.

This is pretty basic logic.
Pants-of-dog wrote:My opinion towards capitalism has no effect on the economic advantages of boardroom diversity.

Much like how a statue has no effect on whether or not capitalism is pro or anti-feminism.

That's not the point. The point is that it is weird and jarring to have a notorious foamy mouthed anti-capitalist present women in management as a great way to increase profits. It's like being told which steak cuts are the juiciest for a rare grill by a hyper enraged "meat is murder" militant vegan. WTF indeed.
Last edited by SolarCross on 13 Mar 2017 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Vasili Blokhin wrote:@Hong Wu
I notice Asians are the biggest pets to white people in existence. I don't know why they like letting their women be taking by White men, while Asians get nothing out of it.

That is not true. Asia is providing materials for US electronic companies because they receive a profit as does the US. That iPhone or smart phone you are using...the internal parts come from asian countries like Taiwan and China.

You cannot generalize just because some Asian women choose to marry Whites. Not all Asian women are in interracial marriages.
Vasili Blokhin wrote:I notice Asians are the biggest pets to white people in existence. I don't know why they like letting their women be taking by White men, while Asians get nothing out of it.

^ Massive racism. Also off-topic.

Nice choice in username also: Vasili Blokhin - History's most prolific executioner.

Vasily Blokhin is recorded as having executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including his killing of about 7,000 Polish prisoners of war during the Katyn massacre in spring 1940, making him the most prolific official executioner in recorded world history.
SolarCross wrote:That's not the point. The point is that it is weird and jarring to have a notorious foamy mouthed anti-capitalist present women in management as a great way to increase profits. It's like being told which steak cuts are the juiciest for a rare grill by a hyper enraged "meat is murder" militant vegan. WTF indeed.

Oh, I see. Your whole post was about your feelings, instead of my feelings. Great. :roll:

By the way, the text I quoted is from the group who installed the statue.

Now, do you have anything to say about the actual claim I am discussing (i.e. Dubayoo's claim that feminism and capitalism are in cahoots)?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Much like how a statue has no effect on whether or not capitalism is pro or anti-feminism.

So called Capitalism is very pro feminist. Not only is it more feminist than European Feudalism, its way more Feminist than traditional Muslim societies, Confucian society and traditional Hindu culture. It is also more feminist than Communism. Was there any Communist countries that had a female leader or any of the Arab nationalist dictatorships?

Arguably Communist propaganda should be banned because it is a form of misogynist hate speech.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Oh, I see. Your whole post was about your feelings, instead of my feelings. Great. :roll:

By the way, the text I quoted is from the group who installed the statue.

Now, do you have anything to say about the actual claim I am discussing (i.e. Dubayoo's claim that feminism and capitalism are in cahoots)?

That's a cheap trick you copied from TIG. It doesn't work for him and it doesn't work for you; you might as well go back to calling everyone who does not buy your kooky beliefs a fascist.

As for the alliance of feminism and capitalism, Rich has actually kind of already answered it; there isn't much else to say. I would say the reason for the pro-feminism of "capitalism" is that actually when it comes down to it commerce is something at which women actually have natural competence in contrast to soldiery at which they are naturally exceedingly unable.

Prior to industrialisation every society was a society lead and ruled by soldiers as a caste or class, and because soldiery is a profession at which men excel and women fail, women tended to ride second class except where by accident they happened to be the wife/mother/daughter of a warrior. Industrialisation brought enormous and unprecedented wealth and influence to a class of people, the merchants and artisans, whom hitherto were barely above the labourers in terms of privilege. These people were generally less disparaging of women for the obvious reason that the excellences which they value are excellences which women can readily master as well as men: craftsmanship, marketing, bargaining and evaluation. They are also people that for reason of being very well civilised are thus poor at fighting are consequently very unintimidating to women. A women is dooming herself to failure by challenging a warrior brute like King Henry VIII or Alexander the Great but will have a much easier time asserting herself against soft handed & peaceable merchants.

Industrialisation also induced a powerful change in people's value of physical strength versus cleverness. Prior to industrialisation physical prowess was valued quite highly as often it was the only solution a problem and consequently this disadvantaged the prestige of women for being physically weaker than men. With industrialistion brute force was more and more done by dumb machines created by clever men consequently physical prowess became relatively depreciated in favour of cleverness, but in the field of cleverness women's inferiority is by no means as obvious.
Beren wrote:Is she supposed to represent bearish trends? :lol:

They put a girl in front of the bull and gave it a totally different but trendy meaning. :roll:

From the right angle she looks like a angry housewife standing in front of the TV while the game is on berating the husband about sucks laying around the house and the bull trying to tilt his head to see behind her.
skinster wrote:I don't care about that statue, don't know why it's associated with feminism and think that basically, anytime we talk about Wall St, we should be thinking up creative ideas of how we can destroy it. I'm too tired to think right now so currently all I can offer is setting fire to it. More later...

How wonderful to have your kind in our country, :p
skinster wrote:I don't care about that statue, don't know why it's associated with feminism and think that basically, anytime we talk about Wall St, we should be thinking up creative ideas of how we can destroy it. I'm too tired to think right now so currently all I can offer is setting fire to it. More later...

You want to set fire to a bronze statue of a little girl? Are you sure that you tired and not criminally unhinged?
Oxymoron wrote:From the right angle she looks like a angry housewife standing in front of the TV while the game is on berating the husband about sucks laying around the house and the bull trying to tilt his head to see behind her.

lol, well, she does represent 'the future'. Plenty o' time to grow into that role :lol:

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]

I am pretty sure it is illegal in Canada to harass[…]

You're all a buncha prudes. GET LAID! I’m trying[…]