Wall Street Statue Symbolizes Alliance Between Capitalism and Feminism - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

mikema63 wrote:And a bull is an animal not an overall movement in stocks or whatever. What's your point?

It's a bull on Wall Street, and it has (or rather had) a meaning. My point is that just because we have a concept we shouldn't make everything about it. Now it's like a tale about a bull and a girl, which doesn't really belong and has nothing to do with the original meaning of the bull at that place.
Beren wrote:Hungarians are white people Decky, just like the Poles, and we're not Steppe warriors anymore. We consider ourselves a so called 'ferry nation' tangling between West and East, supposed to harbour in the West finally. We're tangling east right now though, as well as the whole world is doing the same.

Poles are white but Hungarians are fierce Magyar tribesmen. Are all modern Hungarians as self hating about their nature as you are? :*( Disappointing, I always imagined you like this when reading your posts Beren, are you really telling me it is not so? :eh:

Even in the modern era you haven't moved that far from your roots.

mikema63 wrote:And a bull is an animal not an overall movement in stocks or whatever. What's your point?

In the context of market trading the bull represents price optimism as a bull is symbolic of charging headlong while its complement the bear represents price pessimism as a bear is symbolic of retreat as in their winter hibernation. Beren is right the bull statute requires a bear complement not a boy in a dress. It is jarring and weird the way they have done it.

How it should be:

Decky wrote:What has that got to do with anything? :?: I can't distinguish oxygen from nitrogen in the atmosphere just by looking but they are separate substances with their own separate nature. Anyway don't you all go round in those Hussar jackets?

You should be able to distinguish oxygen from nitrogen if you can see them because oxygen has eight electrons while nitrogen has only seven, which makes them completely distinguishable. I can assure you there are far less differences between Poles and Hungarians both on social and individual levels.

Nobody wears Hussar jackets except Hussars themselves, and they are few.
You should be able to distinguish oxygen from nitrogen if you can see them because oxygen has eight electrons while nitrogen has only seven, which makes them completely distinguishable.

And Poles are a settled European people while Hungarians are central Asian horse warriors who just happen to have stopped for a rest for a little while. Is a car no longer a vehicle when it is parked? Does it become a house when the engine has gone cold?
People also use a bull to represent Wall Street as a whole. Symbols do not have to represent the same thing forever nor do they have to represent only one thing at a time. It's a metal bull, changing its symbolic usage in one case does not mean nobody can ever be "bullish" again. Whining about a different symbolic usage of a metal representation of an animal is ridiculous.
Decky wrote:And Poles are a settled European people while Hungarians are central Asian horse warriors who just happen to have stopped for a rest for a little while. Is a car no longer a vehicle when it is parked? Does it become a house when the engine has gone cold?

Hungarians just happened to have a rest for more than a millennium. :lol:

I don't know how the Poles settled in Europe, but the point is that Hungarians are white people, not yellow or whatever. Even if we're Turks, we're still white, and we're hardly distinguishable from other white people too. Genetically speaking Austrians and Hungarians are more similar than Austrians and Germans are, linguistic and cultural differences make us so different.

However, this whole nonsense of yours wouldn't even be a topic here if I hadn't called you a Little Englander earlier. ;)
mikema63 wrote:People also use a bull to represent Wall Street as a whole. Symbols do not have to represent the same thing forever nor do they have to represent only one thing at a time. It's a metal bull, changing its symbolic usage in one case does not mean nobody can ever be "bullish" again. Whining about a different symbolic usage of a metal representation of an animal is ridiculous.

Sure but it is still weird and jarring. What if some joker decided to alter the hammer and sickle by swapping out the hammer with a random object like a crutch or periscope? You'd be crying then. :p
Decky wrote:It used to be a hammer and a plough actually Solar, the hammer and sickle was a swap.

Okay fine but a plough is as much an agricultural tool as a sickle, so that is a stylistic swap not a semantic swap. Plough or sickle it still represents the agricultural workers, just the sickle is more stylistically snazzy.

You can see why they changed it, lol.
Last edited by SolarCross on 10 Mar 2017 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
mikema63 wrote:People also use a bull to represent Wall Street as a whole. Symbols do not have to represent the same thing forever nor do they have to represent only one thing at a time. It's a metal bull, changing its symbolic usage in one case does not mean nobody can ever be "bullish" again. Whining about a different symbolic usage of a metal representation of an animal is ridiculous.

Sure, let's put statues of little girls everywhere then to change the meaning and promote feminism, whether they belong or not! :lol:

Decky wrote:Why are you so embarrassed by your true nature?

It's our true nature I'm explaining to you. :roll:
If a silly little statue of a girl is enough to threaten some people's masculinity, I think we can admit none of us considered them very masculine here in the first place.

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]

I want the Colleseum and Circus Maximus back to e[…]