UK sending Syrians back to countries where they were beaten and abused - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:I thought the last time the Brits prevented refugees from coming over was during the second world war when they were refusing Jews fleeing from the nazis. :hmm:

Lets see.... comparing A population of academics, scientists and bankers to Rampaging Goths, and the anti western Islamic Arabs fleeing instead of fighting for their country. Nice comparison. :lol:
"Rampaging Goths", you're getting quite creative lately huh :lol:

I think the Jews in Germany couldn't stick around to fight for their country at that time either, because that would result in them getting killed and humans tend to avoid that, Oxy. But yeah, the Brits back then probably referred to fleeing Jews in similar terms as you do about refugees today, though they probably weren't as poetic. You were them then and they are you, today.
skinster wrote:"Rampaging Goths", you're getting quite creative lately huh :lol:

But yeah, the Brits back then probably referred to the fleeing Jews in similar terms. You would be them and they were you, today.

Britain did what it thought was right for its national interests, I do not hold them accountable for the actions of the German SS. I think comparing Syrian Arabs of today and Western European Jews of the 1930's is ludicrous. One group was a highlyeducated, financially stable, cultured and peaceful family group while the other are poor, uneducated, culturally backward young men
Last edited by Oxymoron on 01 May 2017 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:"Rampaging Goths", you're getting quite creative lately huh :lol:

I think the Jews in Germany couldn't stick around to fight for their country at that time either, because that would result in them getting killed and humans tend to avoid that, Oxy. But yeah, the Brits back then probably referred to fleeing Jews in similar terms as you do about refugees today, though they probably weren't as poetic. You were them then and they are you, today.

Stringing two words together, " Rampaging Goths", now that's quite a feat for an 'Oxymoron' :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hong Wu wrote:I'm not sure to how many of the people in this story this would apply to, and I might get called racist for this, but I really think that if someone expresses an intent to rape and kill the natives they should be deported.

Deporting them cost money, why not just decapitate them, particularly the kind that use any violence against females, that should include any male that chooses that direction in life.

When 'men' use acid against females, the sentence on conviction should be to dip their heads in an acid bath, followed by castration.

Please do not double-post. Format your responses in this way. It keeps everything a lot cleaner and easier to read.
Nonsense wrote:Deporting them cost money, why not just decapitate them, particularly the kind that use any violence against females, that should include any male that chooses that direction in life.

When 'men' use acid against females, the sentence on conviction should be to dip their heads in an acid bath, followed by castration.

I agree. These people usually have a very brutal mindset, they are sometimes literally thinking "the same thing won't be done to me, so it's worth it."

I think there is an argument to be made for liberal concepts like legal surety but those arguments originated before we had things like video cameras and DNA testing. That we apply them today when we know certain people are guilty would have baffled perhaps everyone who first pushed for such things.
skinster wrote:Since Britain has been very much involved in the destabilization campaign against Syria, it should take the refugees whose lives it's destroyed...and stfu.

Turkey, too.

So to follow that to its logical (!) conclusion, should we accept anyone from Syria who claims persecution? Al qaeda members and all? Soldiers of Assad?

When is our penance served? When we have a civil war of our own?
Hong Wu wrote:I might get called racist for this, but I really think that if someone expresses an intent to rape and kill the natives they should be deported.

It is very, very, mind-numbingly sad that you have to have to be afraid of saying that for any reason.

The point that this went off the rail is when "refugee" was changed to include immigrants from places other than the direct conflict zone.
Oxymoron wrote:What is so funny about this combination of words?

"Stringing two words together, now that's quite a feat for an 'Oxymoron' :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does it now make more 'sense' to you now : roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: ?
Potemkin wrote:I've always believed that the world is not as bad as you think it is. It's worse than you can possibly imagine.

BUT, ONLY if you are an 'asylum - seeker' wanting to enter the U.K, otherwise, how do you explain how, for instance, most Syrians have managed to survive the troubles in their own country-WITHOUT resorting to the 'asylum' method of leaving Syria?

If the ' remainer's ' can survive a war in their own country without leaving, why can't the young 'leavers'?

The Geneva Convention has been both mis-used & abused more than any other 'humanitarian' law in history.
AJS wrote:What utter tripe.

If you want to flee political persecution or war in your home country, go to the next safe place. If you want to go and live in a specific country apply for a visa.

I will second that.

I have long lost any empathy for these 'refugees', it seems to me that many migrants jump on overloaded small boats, arranged by people-smugglers, who move a mile or two offshore of Africa, then wait for the 'cavalry', in the form of RN ships to come & 'rescue' them from 'imminent' death by 'drowning'.

They then claim 'asylum' , get taken aboard RN or Italian ships, processed & landed on European soil.

Long ago, the U.N set up 'safe' zones within Syria to protect civilians, the question that needs to be asked, as well as answered is, " If the 'cordon-Sanitaire' has been effective for the Syrians kept their for so long without imminent threat to themselves, their spouses or children, why is that situation not equally acceptable to these spurious migrants that have landed on European shores from those same areas in Syria long after the initial cordon was set up?

It's not only these Syrians, or those coming here for spurious reasons from other countries that are to blame, the greatest condemnation must lie on the shoulders of European politicians that abuse the system for corrupt reasons, along with massive abuse of Law of the Sea & Search & Rescue.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]