Turkish minister: "Holy wars will soon begin in Europe." - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 32571.html
A Turkish minister has claimed "holy wars will soon begin" in Europe, in spite of the defeat of far-right leader Geert Wilders in the Netherlands elections.

Mevlut Cavusoglu, Turkey’s foreign minister, did not welcome the victory for Prime Minister Mark Rutte’s centre-right People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD).

“Now the election is over in the Netherlands...when you look at the many parties you see there is no difference between the social democrats and fascist Wilders,” he said according to a translation by Hurriyet.
Play Video
Hundreds of pro-Turkey protesters clash with police in Rotterdam

“All have the same mentality. Where will you go? Where are you taking Europe? You have begun to collapse Europe. You are dragging Europe into the abyss. Holy wars will soon begin in Europe.”

Mr Wilders attempted to capitalise on an ongoing diplomatic row between the Netherlands and Turkey during his election campaign, leading a small protest outside the country's embassy and calling Mr Erdogan a “dictator”.

His anti-Islam Party for Freedom came second in the Dutch election with 20 seats, compared to 33 for Mr Rutte’s VVD, and is likely to be excluded from coalition talks.

The only reason Turkey was included in NATO was because of the USSR, to my understanding. I think this hostility towards Russia is unnecessary and might take attention away from possibly greater threats.
Ahahahahaha!

I did not know that the adjectives "holy" and "religious" could be used interchangeably in English language.

Current Turkish minister of foreign affairs is an idiot, I give you that, and he is not behaving like a traditional MoFA that we are used to.

Yet, what he said is as follows:

İşte Hollanda’da seçim bitti. Aldıkları oylar birbirine yakın, yüzde 17’ler, yüzde 20’ler, böyle birçok parti ama bir bakıyorsun sosyal demokrat ile faşist Wilders arasında da hiçbir fark yok, hepsi aynı kafa. Nereye varacaksınız, Avrupa’yı nereye götürüyorsunuz, Avrupa’yı çökertmeye başladınız. Avrupa’yı uçuruma götürüyorsunuz. Yakında Avrupa’da din savaşları da başlar, başlayacak.

Bu gidişle öyle. Eskiden, bundan 100 sene savaştılar. Avrupa’nın tarihini aç, önlerine koy. Bir gram utanma varsa, birbirlerinin yüzlerine bakamazlar Avrupalılar. Farklı dinlerden oldukları için 100 yıl birbirlerini kestiler ama sonra bundan ders alındı, Avrupa Birliği kuruldu, Avrupa Konseyi. Şimdi tüm bunlar yok edilmeye başladı, Avrupa o eski günlere gidiyor.

And if you translate this text with google translate, the result is as follows:

"Here is the election in the Netherlands. The votes they get are close together, 17 percent, 20 percent, so many parties, but you look at the social democrat and the fascist Wilders there is no difference, they are all the same head. Where are you going, where are you taking Europe, you have begun to disintegrate Europe. You are taking Europe to the cliff. Soon there will be religious wars in Europe.

This is so. In the past, they have been fighting for 100 years. Open the history of Europe, put it in front. If they have a gram of shame, Europeans can not look at each other's faces. Because they are different religions, they cut each other for 100 years, but then learned from it, the European Union was founded, the Council of Europe. Now all of this has begun to be destroyed, Europe is going to those old days."

:lol:

A Turkish MoFA is defending pan-European institutions from European aggression! I call it as a hilarious irony. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mevlut Cavusoglu wrote:This is so. In the past, they have been fighting for 100 years. Open the history of Europe, put it in front. If they have a gram of shame, Europeans can not look at each other's faces. Because they are different religions, they cut each other for 100 years, but then learned from it, the European Union was founded, the Council of Europe. Now all of this has begun to be destroyed, Europe is going to those old days.

Eh...what?

The religious wars in Europe "ended" with the peace of Westphalia which established the sovereignty of the state.

As for present day wars in Europe, maybe Mr. Dumbass should look at the south-east of his own country where entire cities are being leveled by the Turkish military.
Vanasalus wrote:Ahahahahaha!

I did not know that the adjectives "holy" and "religious" could be used interchangeably in English language.

Current Turkish minister of foreign affairs is an idiot, I give you that, and he is not behaving like a traditional MoFA that we are used to.

Yet, what he said is as follows:

And if you translate this text with google translate, the result is as follows:

:lol:

A Turkish MoFA is defending pan-European institutions from European aggression! I call it as a hilarious irony. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are trying to convey? That somehow this hypocritical Turkish Islamist is right? Then ask yourself why Turkey has AKP and Diyanet offices in most EU nations with substantial Turkish immigrant populations. And why it uses these organizations to control the Turkish diaspora with Stasi-esque practices, including issuing threats and gathering intelligence on 'suspected Gülenists'.

Not to mention the activities of Mili Görus, a rabidly anti-Western organization that controls the most Turkish mosques in Europe, whose talking points Erdogan and cronies are now openly parroting. The integration issues of Turkish immigrant groups are chiefly the responsibility of the Turkish immigrants and their government minders.

Whenever a Turk cries 'racism', it's basically an admission of guilt. :lol:
Rugoz wrote:Eh...what?

The religious wars in Europe "ended" with the peace of Westphalia which established the sovereignty of the state.

Yes, the wars with religious motivation ended in 1648. Yet, massacres and genocides did not. E.g. Holocaust, the Troubles.

The Sabbaticus wrote:What are trying to convey? That somehow this hypocritical Turkish Islamist is right?

What I am conveying is that the Independent's report is false, i.e. Turkish MoFA did talk about a holy war.

Besides, as a broken clock shows correct time twice a day, he is also right that rising nationalism and its followers' flagrant enmity towards pan-European institutions (the institutions which kept the peace intact for 70 years in a continent soaked in blood throughout its history) is a threat to European peace as well as global one.

The Sabbaticus  wrote:Then ask yourself why Turkey has AKP and Diyanet offices in most EU nations with substantial Turkish immigrant populations. And why it uses these organizations to control the Turkish diaspora with Stasi-esque practices, including issuing threats and gathering intelligence on 'suspected Gülenists'.

Nothing is wrong with the presence of either AKP or Diyanet offices in EU countries. The problem is the politicization of Diyanet activities. It is morally wrong. In addition, it serves nothing but repelling the faithful from mosques out of disgust. Similar trend is going on in Turkey. It must stop once and far all.

As for the Gulenists. If Turkish state is relying on intelligence gathered by imams on Gulenist terrorists, then we are doomed in our fight against them. Old school methods, once successfully executed against ASALA, will yield much better results, imho.

The Sabbaticus wrote:Whenever a Turk cries 'racism', it's basically an admission of guilt.

Whenever someone is relying on vague generalizations to win an argument, it's basically an admission of idiocy. :roll:
Vanasalus wrote:Besides, as a broken clock shows correct time twice a day, he is also right that rising nationalism and its followers' flagrant enmity towards pan-European institutions (the institutions which kept the peace intact for 70 years in a continent soaked in blood throughout its history) is a threat to European peace as well as global one.

Pan-European institutions will exist anyway, it's an economic and political necessity. There's some disagreement over how those institutions should look like, so what? Saying that without the EU in its current form peace in Europe is threatened is just silly. Frankly if that is the only argument EU-philes can come up with it's probably best to end the exercise and start with something new.
Die Welt wrote:Erdogan calls on Turks in Europe to have more children

Kids instead of cannons: in reaction to the escalating dispute with Europe, the Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has asked his countrymen living there to extend their influence and to produce more children.

"Do not make three, but five children, because you are the future of Europe," Erdogan said Friday in Eskisehir in the West of Turkey. "This will be the best answer you can give to the impertinence, hostility, and injustice that they will be doing to you."

Sheesh, it almost sounds as if someone wants to outbreed the Europeans. Of course, this is all just a conspiracy theory of crazy rightwingers. Just like mass migration will never, ever shift the demographic makeup of the invaded countries.

:roll:
Its fascinating to me how entirely questionable our shared reality truly is.

Vanasalus, of course we have problems with our right-wingers (who doesn't?). You sound like an intelligent man but to you truly expect Europeans to behave better than anyone else? Because we are richer? In my experience fear is more easily found in those with a lot to lose.

You recognize that Erdogan is insane which I think is good, our politicians are running scared of the populists and could not respond with perceived weakness.

Rugoz and Frollein, finally on the same side, i see? :lol:
Vasili Blokhin wrote:@Frollein Looks like you have a lot of work to do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensborn

[center-img]http://www.lauraagustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/bundesarchiv_bild_101ii-mw-1019-032c_frankreich2c_brest2c_soldatenbordell1.jpg[/center-img]

This seems like an excellent time to talk about ethnic and cultural balkanization. It worked so very well in former Yugoslavia for instance.
Vasili Blokhin wrote:@Joka
America encouraged it, now we're seeing the same in America.

The fault lies with those ruling western nations not westerners themselves.

The balkanization of the west however is due to a much larger movement of globalization by various groups whose ultimate plan is global power and control. This balkanization won't stop with the west but instead afterwards will spread to all other places of the world as well. Eventually South America, Africa, Asia, Middle East, and so on.
Vasili Blokhin wrote:Wait a sec if the West dies, how will the rest follow? The West/Israel are the puppet masters, unless you're saying there's another....

The west is utilized for its military and economic advantages but obviously is a disposable tool within the global chessboard or arsenal of said puppet masters. As for Zionist run Israel that is a complicated issue but needless to say they're the military gate keepers of the middle east concerning oil trade. The third group who runs everything including the two listed above is just the global elite at the top that are motivated by good old fashion greed and lust of power. ( They also happen to be predominantly technocrats and transhumanists.)

I hope this post is somewhat helpful.
Last edited by Joka on 18 Mar 2017 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Vasili Blokhin wrote:@Joka Aliens or Lizard people?

Very funny in terms of smug sarcasm on your part but consider the consolidation of the world's economic wealth and prosperity concentrated in a very small number of individuals. You can joke and mock all that you like but that is the reality.

Everybody is a little bit mixed.

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]