Turkish minister: "Holy wars will soon begin in Europe." - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Vasili Blokhin wrote:Well when Israel/West dies, that will be it.

No, because human nature will still be human nature and the real people that control the world aren't representatives of the west or Israel. I thought that I was clear in mentioning the ideologies behind them. The west and Israel plays roles in all of this but are not the sole orchestrators.
Last edited by Joka on 18 Mar 2017 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Joka wrote:
No, because human nature will still be human nature and the real people that control the world aren't representatives of the west or Israel. I thought that I was clear in mentioning the ideologies behind them.

Well I think we seen enough of the West to last us 10,000 years. Let's see how the East fares. What you think of Japan? Are you a traditionalist of the Eastern branch?
Zagadka wrote:It may not be the cushy comfortable advanced society the West is used to, but the rest of the world will catch up eventually. We just had a head start.

The wealthy nations of the world will not allow poorer nations to catch up as that would get in the way of the monopoly they're already enjoying over them. The wealthy nations won't even allow their own poor citizens to catch up for that matter. :excited:

Vasili: Well I think we seen enough of the West to last us 10,000 years. Let's see how the East fares. What you think of Japan? Are you a traditionalist of the Eastern branch?

Well, I don't want to see the extinction or eradication of any kind of people on this earth preferably.

We're all in this world together and whatever happens to one group can happen to all others.

I reside in the United States not Japan. Japan is a nice country with a rich vibrant culture, traditions, and history. Eastern branch? I'm afraid that I am not familiar with that. What are you referring to?
Joka wrote:The wealthy nations of the world will not allow poorer nations to catch up as that would get in the way of the monopoly they're already enjoying over them. The wealthy nations won't even allow their own poor citizens to catch up for that matter. :excited:

In broad strokes, I agree, but there may not be much choice. If China continues to develop, and continues their investments in African infrastructure, and India pulls its head out of its ass, there is a very strong counterweight. They will catch up eventually, unless the west does some major, major intervention. Or if we nuke the environment more.
Zagadka wrote:In broad strokes, I agree, but there may not be much choice. If China continues to develop, and continues their investments in African infrastructure, and India pulls its head out of its ass, there is a very strong counterweight. They will catch up eventually, unless the west does some major, major intervention. Or if we nuke the environment more.

You mean Chinese colonization over Africa for its resources. The United States is in competition with China in Africa with AFRICOM. ;)

What's wrong with India?
Well, China needs someone to be what China is to America.

I don't think that India is stable or developed enough, with too many regional and population problems, to be a world leader state at this time.
Joka wrote:The wealthy nations of the world will not allow poorer nations to catch up as that would get in the way of the monopoly they're already enjoying over them.

Total nonsense. For China the wealthy nations are by far the most important trade partners and foreign investors, for example. The same can be said about other developing countries.
Rugoz wrote:Total nonsense. For China the wealthy nations are by far the most important trade partners and foreign investors, for example. The same can be said about other developing countries.

You are assuming and proposing that international globalism in terms of trade or cooperation of wealthy nations with much poorer nations is one of an equitable interaction. I on the otherhand simply don't buy that and view that as a false narrative. There is much more evidence for my position then there is for yours.
Joka wrote:
You are assuming and proposing that international globalism in terms of trade or cooperation of wealthy nations with much poorer nations is one of an equitable interaction. I on the otherhand simply don't buy that and view that as a false narrative. There is much more evidence for my position then there is for yours.

Irrelevant. Inequitable interaction is better than no interaction.
By Joka
Rugoz wrote:Irrelevant. Inequitable interaction is better than no interaction.

Better for whom?
MadMonk wrote:Its fascinating to me how entirely questionable our shared reality truly is.

Vanasalus, of course we have problems with our right-wingers (who doesn't?). You sound like an intelligent man but to you truly expect Europeans to behave better than anyone else? Because we are richer? In my experience fear is more easily found in those with a lot to lose.

You recognize that Erdogan is insane which I think is good, our politicians are running scared of the populists and could not respond with perceived weakness.

What I expect from everyone, rich or poor, western or eastern, Erdogan or Merkel is simple: Intellectual integrity and ideological coherence.

Simpler terms: eat that damn cake or have it.

Don't try to convince me you have the cake that you have already eaten, or vice versa.

It is not amusing. It is boring.

That is all.
Intellectual integrity and ideological coherence? One could almost say that they contra indicate each other, as integrity so often is
for an ideology. If all men based their actions and thoughts based purely on rationality, we would not be having this problem of a
divided world. What instead we have is a much more emotional based reasoning, and what emotion strikes the hardest of them all?
Fear of course, the most universal of emotions (I'm not arguing it's the strongest, just the most widely felt which makes it effective).

Why else are we seeing a perpetual tightening of airport security? Of soldiers marching on the streets of Paris?

To feel in control, to lessen ones fear. And one can but wonder if the constant reminders that there may be something to fear are making
the tactics that much more effective.

Our politicians are bound by public opinion and the fear of losing it. Most humans are bound by their emotions and when faced with fear,
stops thinking like individuals and searches for security instead of the unknown.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]