Trump fires FBI director James Comey - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Anyone who cares about justice is pretty much appalled at this. I don't expect Trump cultists to be worried, however, that their criminal idol might not be investigated. :knife:
Lexington wrote:Republicans are pretty hysterical about this. It's called "Top Headlines in Every Fucking Newspaper."

I like a President that has the courage to fire those that are not up to the job. Liberal Democrats seem to believe that is mean. They only want to impeach people they don't like. Ha ha.
The director of the FBI fired from his job all of the sudden right when he was leading an investigation on the president connections to a foreign power.
He diffidently didn't find anything that would cause hem to be fired. :knife:
Looks like the Trump team collaborated with Russian intelligence after all. The question is, will Republicans in the Senate forgive him and confirm a candidate who will shut down the investigation?

I for one am entertained by the Latin-Americanization of US politics.
Trump has people citing the letter where he points out he's not under investigation as they argue he was quashing the possibility of an investigation into himself.

It remains true that even if Russia was behind the Wikileaks and not someone else, such as Seth Rich, it would not actually lead to Trump's impeachment because he's not responsible for Clinton selling favors.

The Russian thing is the same kind of "nothing burger" that Obama's birth certificate was. It's not about holding an investigation because there is not a lot of capacity to prove anything important even in the best case scenario. It's about acting like there is a lack of loyalty to America, a conclusion that isn't evidenced at all. As such, there is no real desire for a special prosecutor etc. There isn't anything to prove, Trump being a Russian agent isn't something that's being argued, it's only being insinuated.
Hindsite wrote:I like a President that has the courage to fire those that are not up to the job. Liberal Democrats seem to believe that is mean. They only want to impeach people they don't like. Ha ha.

I am a liberal Democrat. He should be fired for what he failed to accomplish.

I will give no credit to our current president for doing the clearly obvious. On the other hand this is what I was saying and do you care to say anything about the thing you quoted:

Lexington wrote:Republicans are pretty hysterical about this. It's called "Top Headlines in Every Fucking Newspaper."
Also, the real reason Comey was fired was probably related to his recent testimony before congress. He said things like "Anthony Weiner printed out classified emails, but there's no evidence he read them, so we haven't started an investigation." In hindsight it's like he was trying to get fired or something.

If there were still more people on this forum that attempt a real analysis, the fact that he was seemingly trying to get fired after handing Trump the win earlier would be far more interesting than the childish Russians thing.

And if he had shut Clinton down earlier, Trump probably wouldn't be President because Clinton wouldn't have won the primary.

@Lexington I don't waste my time watching the MSM, they are headline merchants and if I want to know what their current narrative is, I just check realclearpolitics and read the headlines.
Last edited by Hong Wu on 10 May 2017 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Hong Wu wrote:@Lexington I don't waste my time watching the MSM, they are headline merchants and if I want to know what their current narrative is, I just check realclearpolitics and read the headlines.

As a complete stooge for the MSM please contrast the non-MSM sources on this topic to help me out.
:|
No, this is an admission from Trump's son that Russian wealth have large dealings and investments with Trump and his businesses.
Russia is an oligarchy, meaning the Russian governing body have investments and large financial dealings with Trump for quite some time, and considering the quality of Trump's management and the comparison of his wealth to that of the Russian oligarchies. it is very safe to assume that Russian oligarchs have hold over Trump and his business and thus the Russian background politicians have hold over Trump.

Though for me i would say thats pretty good, he'll screw the US hard which is always a good thing to look up to. :lol:
Who would have thought, the US being owned in its own game.
Hong Wu wrote:Also, the real reason Comey was fired was probably related to his recent testimony before congress. He said things like "Anthony Weiner printed out classified emails, but there's no evidence he read them, so we haven't started an investigation." In hindsight it's like he was trying to get fired or something.

If there were still more people on this forum that attempt a real analysis, the fact that he was seemingly trying to get fired after handing Trump the win earlier would be far more interesting than the childish Russians thing.

And if he had shut Clinton down earlier, Trump probably wouldn't be President because Clinton wouldn't have won the primary.

Comey was acting realy weird during that testimony. I started laughing when he said it 'makes me mildly nauseous' to think we might have impacted the election. Lordy, it pained him. He really felt bad about that one.
Ha ha.
:lol:

Something that was failed to be articulated here was the tradition of an independent justice department. It was always agreed that there was an Enlightenment style sense that you let the Justice Department play out in order to get the truth; even if the reality was that each administration put its guys in charge of various functions to find the angle of truth that was wanted.

The illusion/integrity of an impartial notion of the truth was, and remains, a fundamental bedrock for all parliamentary regimes. In, essentially, declaring it dead, it is both a non-issue and an extremely important issue. It is both accepting the reality of the situation, and creating an entirely new situation. One cannot be helped from remembering the lines criticizing the Social-Democrats in Weimar Germany, here sarcastically called marxists:

Trotsky wrote:The politicians of reformism, these dexterous wire-pullers, artful intriguers and careerists, expert parliamentary and ministerial machinators, are no sooner thrown out of their habitual sphere by the course of events, no sooner are the placed face to face with momentous contingencies than they reveal themselves to be -- there is no milder expression for it -- inept bodies.

To rely upon a president is only to rely upon "the government"! Faced with the impending clash between the proletariat and the fascist petty bourgeoisie -- two camps which together comprise the crushing majority of the German nation -- these Marxists from the Vorwaerts [principal social-democratic newspaper] yelp for the nightwatchman to come to their aid, "Help! Government, exert pressure!" (Staat, greif zu!)

This is not to compare Trump to Hitler, doing so would be a disservice to Hitler as much as vice versa; but a reminder that the Democratic Party is not a viable long term solution to these problems. The people must deploy upon the people.
Godstud wrote:Anyone who cares about justice is pretty much appalled at this. I don't expect Trump cultists to be worried, however, that their criminal idol might not be investigated. :knife:

Trump wants to abide by our Constitution. He wants an FBI director who abides by our Constitution. I guess to leftists that is being "criminal."

Barry attempted to subvert our Constitution at every opportunity he got, and we all know it. I guess that is one reason why leftists adore him.
You're kidding, right?

The reason Trump's executive orders get quashed is because of the US Constitution. Most people are pro-Constitution, including liberals, since the 1st Amendment is extremely important.

Trump tried to BYPASS the 1st Amendment, with his Muslim ban, incidentally, so your argument is shit.
Godstud wrote:You're kidding, right?

The reason Trump's executive orders get quashed is because of the US Constitution. Most people are pro-Constitution, including liberals, since the 1st Amendment is extremely important.

Trump tried to BYPASS the 1st Amendment, with his Muslim ban, incidentally, so your argument is shit.

The last time I heard, all the rights of our Constitution only applied to US citizens, not illegal immigrants or refugees. Thank you for your "constitutional scholar" viewpoint.
Drlee wrote:The republican trolls are having a field day. They, of course, are not very smart. The sheer stupidity of some who support this action is staggering. I honestly thought there were still some reasonably intelligent republicans around. No longer.

McCain? Where are you? You used to have some personal integrity.

He's doing a bit of "we need to look at this more" - not falling into lockstep with Trump, but not at 'special prosecutor' stage either:

Sen. John McCain on Tuesday said President Donald Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey underscores the need for Congress to form a select committee to investigate Russian meddling in last year's presidential election.

McCain, R-Ariz., said he was "disappointed" Trump ousted Comey, the controversy-prone director of the FBI since 2013.

“James Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances," McCain said in a written statement. "I have long called for a special congressional committee to investigate Russia's interference in the 2016 election. The president's decision to remove the FBI Director only confirms the need and the urgency of such a committee.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/pol ... 315258001/

stephen50right wrote:The last time I heard, all the rights of our Constitution only applied to US citizens, not illegal immigrants or refugees. Thank you for your "constitutional scholar" viewpoint.

Well, you heard wrong, then. The US constitution applies to everyone in the USA. If there are parts that apply specifically to citizens, then it explicitly says so. You ought to have been able to figure this out for yourself - you can't just throw someone in prison without trial and say "sorry, you've only got your green card and not citizenship yet, so we can do what we want".

Non-citizens don't share all the rights of citizens under the U.S. Constitution. They're subject to immigration law, under which the executive branch has broad authority to determine whether it wants them in the country or not. And until they've passed through immigration control, they aren't technically on U.S. soil, thanks to a "legal fiction" or counterintuitive legal understanding that carves out an exception to the normal rule, said Gordon.

"When you’re standing at JFK, you stand outside the borders until you are inspected and admitted,” she said.

Trump supporters might be surprised at how far the Constitution extends toward non-citizens once they're inside the country, however. Cases extending back to the 1800s, including ones brought by Chinese immigrants challenging the arbitrary seizure of their property, have established the rights of non-citizens under the Fourth and Fifth Amendments including due process and the right to a jury.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfish ... 7fc51e4f1d
Last edited by Prosthetic Conscience on 10 May 2017 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen50right wrote:The last time I heard, all the rights of our Constitution only applied to US citizens, not illegal immigrants or refugees. Thank you for your "constitutional scholar" viewpoint.
You'd be surprised, and a talking from a point of ignorance if you think this is true.

Does The Constitution Protect Non-Citizens? Judges Say Yes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfish ... bf47784f1d

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]