Trump fires FBI director James Comey - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote:You'd be surprised, and a talking from a point of ignorance if you think this is true.

Does The Constitution Protect Non-Citizens? Judges Say Yes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfish ... bf47784f1d

Ignorance is believing that our Constitution protects the rights of illegal immigrants and refugees in the exact same manner as our citizens. I did use the word "all" in my post.

I don't think you even read the article you posted. You just found a headline and posted it.
I imagine the only people who can say who Wikileak's source was is ultimately Wikileaks. They said it wasn't Russians, maybe they lied. But what is an investigation supposed to turn up -- if Wikileaks started saying their source was Russians, would the people who said that Wikileak's statements on this aren't credible be like "now they're credible because they said what we wanted!"

Whole thing is ridiculous and even if it was Russians, Trump wouldn't be at fault for Russians hacking Clinton and finding dirt.
stephen50right wrote:Ignorance is believing that our Constitution protects the rights of illegal immigrants and refugees in the exact same manner as our citizens. I did use the word "all" in my post.

Yes, and that use of 'all' was wrong. You said "The last time I heard, all the rights of our Constitution only applied to US citizens, not illegal immigrants or refugees." You claimed all of the rights apply only to citizens. You didn't say "some of the rights apply only to citizens". And the particular rights in question (in the first amendment) are not restricted to citizens only.
A lot of the democrat party big shots have been saying that Comey should be fired, and now that Trump fired him, they are shocked and angry !
It seems to me that whatever Trump does, he will be quartered and broken on the wheel by Huffington Post, Politico, the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN and other news media. I sense disdain against Trump also from the BBC, the Atlantic and the New Yorker.
It is painful to watch.
On the other side there is Fox News, Drudge Report and Breitbart.
None of this is conducive to reaching some kind of consensus in America.
Who is still objective?
Are rational intelligent people supposed to believe this over the top, dramatic propaganda , and fake outrage by the partisan left?

BTW the people who hate America and Trump, better start to figure out what the deflection and propaganda talking points will be, when we see who Comey unmasked. He had been slow walking the list to congress, they had been asking for months when it should take days to report.
anasawad wrote:

This is relevant. :lol: :p

He's not stupid, he's just spoiled, which is not his fault I guess. However, it's pretty obvious that some elements of the Western elite, the Anglo-American elite especially, are in cahoots with the Russians. It was the European elite mostly last time, I'd call it The Great Gazprom Tour. Chancellor Schröder and PM Berlusconi were really close friends with Putin for example. Trump has even closer ties to Israel, and Saudi Arabia is a close friend too. His administration is swarmed with different agents of different interests, which causes tons of conflicts of interest of course. The American people should realise it soon that only a third-party candidate and a third party itself would ever be able to drain the swamp.
Last edited by Beren on 10 May 2017 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
This is the actual timeline, without exaggeration or hyperbole:

Comey drops Hillary investigation, Democrats say Republicans are wrong to be upset about him.
Comey restarts Hillary investigation, Democrats call for him to be fired.
Comey says some ridiculous things to congress, gets fired, Democrats call it a Trump/Russian conspiracy.

This is what Democrats are currently taking as a win.
Well, I'm pleased someone found McCain alive and well and still participating in the political process. I wondered why he was so quiet. Thought maybe he'd gone to count his houses.....
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Yes, and that use of 'all' was wrong. You said "The last time I heard, all the rights of our Constitution only applied to US citizens, not illegal immigrants or refugees." You claimed all of the rights apply only to citizens. You didn't say "some of the rights apply only to citizens". And the particular rights in question (in the first amendment) are not restricted to citizens only.

To liberals with their gobbledygook: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

BTW - that was stated by a great Republican Party president.
Oxymoron wrote:FBI directer serves at the pleasure of the president, why are people reacting as though Trump fired Paul Ryan?

Perhaps the next guy will help keep his promise of arresting the wicked witch of the west side.

Clearly if Hillary would have won and fired Comey while he was still investigating her you would have called her a tyrant in the making (rightfully so).

You people should stop acting like fucking hypocrites all the time or quit Pofo. It's fucking annoying.
Rugoz wrote:Clearly if Hillary would have won and fired Comey while he was still investigating her you would have called her a tyrant in the making (rightfully so).

You people should stop acting like fucking hypocrites all the time or quit Pofo. It's fucking annoying.

FBI director works for the President, if the people think its unfair then they can petition their congressmen and Senators to create a Congressional controlled investigations office.
Rugoz wrote:Clearly if Hillary would have won and fired Comey while he was still investigating her you would have called her a tyrant in the making (rightfully so).

This only makes sense if you think Russians are controlling the government and Comey might have stopped them.

It also remains true that if Hillary had gone into office, the foreign powers that likely have her emails would have been able to blackmail her. This was avoided but now everyone is pretending that a foreign power controls Trump...
Suntzu wrote:Didn't Bill Clinton fire the FBI director?

Yes, because he billed the government for private stuff. There was no ongoing investigation into the Clinton administration and Sessions' successor Freeh was approved by the Senate unanimously.

Oxymoron wrote:FBI director works for the President, if the people think its unfair then they can petition their congressmen and Senators to create a Congressional controlled investigations office.

Yes, welcome to the Banana Republic of America where partisan FBI directors will be the norm from now on. Congrats for fucking up your own country.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]