Hacking tools developed by NSA believed to be behind cyber attack on up to 99 countries - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The company I work for sent out an email about this. They say we are not affected by this so far.

If I ever got hit by ransomware I would NEVER pay the money. Take my data, fuck you.

Also, who knows if they leave anything else in your data once you unlock it to fuck you over again in the future.

It's actually North Korea that was behind the cyber attacks that affected computers globally. This constitutes state-sponsored terrorism. We are dealing with a bunch of criminals.

Intelligence officials and private security experts say that new digital clues point to North Korean-linked hackers as likely suspects in the sweeping ransomware attacks that have crippled computer systems around the world.

The indicators are far from conclusive, the researchers warned, and it could be weeks, if not months, before investigators are confident enough in their findings to officially point the finger at Pyongyang’s increasingly bold corps of digital hackers. The attackers based their weapon on vulnerabilities that were stolen from the National Security Agency and published last month.

Security experts at Symantec, which in the past has accurately identified attacks mounted by the United States, Israel and North Korea, found early versions of the ransomware, called WannaCry, that used tools that were also deployed against Sony Pictures Entertainment, the Bangladesh central bank last year and Polish banks in February. American officials said Monday that they had seen the same similarities.

All of those attacks were ultimately linked to North Korea; President Barack Obama formally charged the North in late 2014 with destroying computers at Sony in retaliation for a comedy, “The Interview,” that envisioned a C.I.A. plot to kill Kim Jong-un, the country’s leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/n ... okers.html

@Rich But the English and Americans are not Sp[…]

I met a guy from Nigeria, he explained me in Niger[…]

I am not going to debate someone else’s perceptio[…]

...Except when they would be massacred/plundered p[…]