Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

What Potemkin says. On the other hand, there was a time (in the early 80's) that this was also the Israeli attitude toward Hamas (Muslim Brotherhood affiliated), at that time PLO was much more menacing, few years later they switched places and introduced to the conflict the suicide bombing which brought much hate towards the whole Palestinians people, making the conflict much more bitter and unresolvable.
Potemkin wrote:How do you know the Israelis don't care if Trump passed on their intelligence secrets to the Russians? The fact that Trump did so without (apparently) gaining their permission first is probably deeply troubling to them - if they share such secrets with the US, who knows where it might end up? And the Israelis have no strategic interest in defeating ISIS. Why would they have? ISIS is a problem for the Islamic nations of the Middle East, not Israel. It's modern nation-states invading them which worries the Israelis, not a rabble of throat-slitters like ISIS. If Trump does indeed wish to eliminate ISIS, then he has a political and strategic agenda which conflicts with that of Israel. Why would they share their intelligence secrets in future with a US government led by Trump? He leaks like a sieve, and his agenda is not their agenda.

Because while Russia is not an ally of Israel, Israel does not consider Russia to be their enemy. This story will not affect US-Israel relations one iota.

You believing that ISIS is not a problem for Israel is really a bit bizarre. I'm not sure how you could possibly come to that conclusion?
You believing that ISIS is not a problem for Israel is really a bit bizarre. I'm not sure how you could possibly come to that conclusion?

Right now, the Israeli policy planners believe ISIS is not a strategic problem to Israel. The Shia axis (Assad, Hizbollah and Iran) is. Personally not sure if the assessment is right. After all there was a time when Israel believed the Islamists (Hamas) is less problem than PLO.
Potemkin wrote:How do you know the Israelis don't care if Trump passed on their intelligence secrets to the Russians? The fact that Trump did so without (apparently) gaining their permission first is probably deeply troubling to them

Of course Israel is notorious for selling on our intelligence and technology. That's why the F22 was cancelled. They didn't want to sell it to Israel so they couldn't sell it to any one else or that would make Israel look bad. This is not hypocrisy on Israel's part, why should the Chosen people live by the same standards as everybody else.
The root cause of the region instability is EU support for Palestinians jihad which generates a culture of hate throughout the Islamic world including Europe. Without it the conflict would be solved long time ago like any other conflict in the world. EU refuses to abandon the radical Palestinians cause for they bring them a psychological rehabilitation after the Judeocide. To pacify the ME once and for all, we will need to wait for Soros complete destruction of the evil EU little project.
Trump has attempted to pervert the course of justic. Unsuccessfull in this instance.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. It was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.
Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.
“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” Document: Representative Jason Chaffetz’s Letter to the F.B.I.
In a letter sent to the F.B.I. on Tuesday night, Representative Jason Chaffetz, Republican of Utah and chairman of the House Oversight Committee, demanded all internal memos, notes, recordings or summaries of discussions between Mr. Trump and Mr. Comey.
Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.
Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, replying only: “I agree he is a good guy.”
In a statement, the White House denied the version of events in the memo.
“While the president has repeatedly expressed his view that General Flynn is a decent man who served and protected our country, the president has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn,” the statement said. “The president has the utmost respect for our law enforcement agencies, and all investigations. This is not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the president and Mr. Comey.”
Mr. Chaffetz’s letter, sent to the acting F.B.I. director, Andrew G. McCabe, set a May 24 deadline for the internal documents to be delivered to the House committee. The congressman, a Republican, was criticized in recent months for showing little of the appetite he demonstrated in pursuing Hillary Clinton to pursue investigations into Mr. Trump’s associates.
But since announcing in April that he will not seek re-election in 2018, Mr. Chaffetz has shown more interest in the Russia investigation, and held out the potential for a subpoena on Tuesday, a notably aggressive move as most Republicans have tried to stay out of the fray.
In testimony to the Senate last week, Mr. McCabe said, “There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date.” Mr. McCabe was referring to the broad investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. The investigation into Mr. Flynn is separate.
A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment.
Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said. It is unclear whether Mr. Comey told the Justice Department about the conversation or his memos.

New York Post
noir wrote:The root cause of the region instability is EU support for Palestinians jihad which generates a culture of hate throughout the Islamic world including Europe. Without it the conflict would be solved long time ago like any other conflict in the world. EU refuses to abandon the radical Palestinians cause for they bring them a psychological rehabilitation after the Judeocide. To pacify the ME once and for all, we will need to wait for Soros complete destruction of the evil EU little project.

Why do you think Soros works in the interest of Israel? He had no problems to work for the Nazis and sell out his own people back when.
I'm a little worried by how thorough the dialogue against Trump is getting when you consider that it's all anonymous sources built upon earlier anonymous sources for context.

Here the NYT is saying they haven't even viewed the memo but someone read it to them and they really trust that guy, sounds pretty ridiculous. Obviously they are leaving themselves an opening for a retraction.
Frollein wrote:Why do you think Soros works in the interest of Israel? He had no problems to work for the Nazis and sell out his own people back when.

Soros is anti Zionist. In his Wikipedia page he also admits antisemitic views. He operates also in Israel and his damage is quite great but not as the damage of EU. All the Palestinians hate culture, mainly UNRAW schools, are financed by EU. They are very busy in flaming the fires under the pretext of "Human Rights" NGOs which in real are Jihadi irredentism. Israel can contain Soros, Europe with its weak national identity can not. Soros can be usuful to Israel.

*In Hungary like in Germany there were many completely assimilated former Jews. Only Hitler forced them to retake an identity which they were reluctant . This is one reason why many holocaust survivors are antisemites and anti Zionists.
Last edited by noir on 17 May 2017 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
noir wrote:Right now, the Israeli policy planners believe ISIS is not a strategic problem to Israel. The Shia axis (Assad, Hizbollah and Iran) is. Personally not sure if the assessment is right. After all there was a time when Israel believed the Islamists (Hamas) is less problem than PLO.

I hear ya, and you are not incorrect. But the fact is that if ISIS had the muscle, they would be going after Israel.

ISIS right now is focused on survival, and their caliphate thing. If that ever came to fruition, Israel without question would be their next target.

This is why Israel has no problem at all with Trump sharing any intelligence with Russia to help rid the planet of ISIS.
noir wrote:I also think it's a risky gamble. But they have to choose between two evils. It's very though decision

Perhaps like a farmer who is fighting off wolves at his door, he can't worry about the wolves in the woods. But once he has eliminated the wolves at his door, the wolves in the woods will likely be coming, so he always needs to be cognizant of that and be prepared. ISIS right now to Israel are the wolves in the woods.
That seems rather impossible on this forum :D.

What we should do is open another thread where the discussion should follow how likely it now is that Donald Trump will be impeached (growing likelier by the second), the political fallout of such a move and what president Pence has in store for us in the future. (@work so no time myself)

That thread will almost certainly return to Israel once all substantive portions have been covered. :excited:
I let the megathread(s) continue to exist for a reason. There is already enough Trump flotsam around. If an impeachment ever becomes likely, then that will have its own thread. Right now, that isn't happening.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]