Chelsea Manning finally released. Is she a traitor or a heroine? - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Drlee wrote: He violated his oath of enlistment. No country can operate with a system that glorifies the breaking of its laws because they are on one side or the other of some political ideology.
Every country is founded on ideals and principles, many of which the US government violated. Manning, as a good American, did what good Americans do, and brought this very un-American behavior it to the attention of other Americans.

Manning only suffered jail time because Americans don't like whistle-blowers. It makes America look bad.
Godstud wrote:Every country is founded on ideals and principles, many of which the US government violated. Manning, as a good American, did what good Americans do, and brought this very un-American behavior it to the attention of other Americans.

Manning only suffered jail time because Americans don't like whistle-blowers. It makes America look bad.

In most other countries Manning would have been killed for what he did. The Chinese would have executed him in public as a lesson to other traitors. Americans are so soft.

SolarCross wrote:In most other countries Manning would have been killed for what he did. The Chinese would have executed him in public as a lesson to other traitors. Americans are so soft.
The only reason that they didn't execute her or Snowden is because it would cause an international outcry that the US doesn't want. :lol:
Solarcross wrote:In most other countries Manning would have been killed for what he did. The Chinese would have executed him in public as a lesson to other traitors
. :roll: Great false equivalency. China has almost no rights, so it's not a good comparison. It's not "soft", either. It's about principles and morality. America has rights that China does not grant it's citizens.

edit: fixed quote
Last edited by Godstud on 27 May 2017 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:It should be a matter of gender perhaps. If Manning is still a male, he's a traitor, if she's a female, then a heroine. Gender roles at their highest! :lol:

I am not particularly interested in Manning's twisted gender fixation, but he, she, it, made certain commitments when volunteering for the military. Divulging secret information when in the military of any nation, is treason. But that is not really what is going on here. This is typical of the liberal agenda, which is to denounce the military as fascist, even though they would not get to hold any opinion publicly if the military were not protecting that right. Because some of Manning's secrets are not all that pretty, does not change the fact that he broke the law. But liberals want to override the military on what can and cannot be kept secret. I am glad they have not succeeded in that plan yet, but they probably will.
neopagan wrote:But liberals want to override the military on what can and cannot be kept secret. I am glad they have not succeeded in that plan yet, but they probably will.
I don't know about you but I don't want the state to spy on me (unless it is a really good, pre-established reason such as defending communism)

SolarCross wrote:Which is why they are soft. The Chinese don't give a shit.
Yes it seems that America thinks that has a "reputation" to uphold. :roll:
neopagan wrote:Divulging secret information when in the military of any nation, is treason. But that is not really what is going on here. This is typical of the liberal agenda, which is to denounce the military as fascist, even though they would not get to hold any opinion publicly if the military were not protecting that right. Because some of Manning's secrets are not all that pretty, does not change the fact that he broke the law. But liberals want to override the military on what can and cannot be kept secret.

Manning is a criminal regardless of gender. Beren got the gist of liberal ideology right. If he's a she, it's okay.

I'm fine with Manning being convicted and spending a long time in jail. However, I'm okay with him getting out early too, because now I'm anti-establishment. I want the Washington establishment defeated.

When I was a Republican, I spent years explaining and often defending George W. Bush against all the crazy allegations against him. Just as Hillary Clinton and Obama attacked working class whites only to find themselves defeated in 2016, George W. Bush and the Republican neocons attacked the Tea Party before it was the Tea Party--declaring that the era of Reagan was over. Bush and the establishment Republicans then lost the House and Senate to the Democrats in 2006. The Republicans listened to the Democrat analysis that it was about Iraq War fatigue. It was largely over McCain-Kennedy and the bipartisan effort to get Americans to accept illegal aliens, which is ironically why Trump won this time around. They have never understood this.

Anyway, Manning's effort was to undermine Bush, not Obama. That was his intent. He undermined the State Department much more than he undermined Bush. I personally don't give a fuck, because I'm of the opinion that a private first class should not have had access to that information in the first place. That Manning had that access in my opinion is a good reason for an higher ranking intelligence officer to be fired and publicly shamed instead of placing all the blame on someone as psychologically fucked up as Manning. I would add to that firing people who went along with the Don't-ask-don't-tell's evolution into homosexuality as a basic right and identity, and expecting that this would somehow end well. Homosexuals, LGBTQs and whatever other freakery may be about lends itself to an anti-institutional bias, because they are outliers by nature. They don't like terms like "sexual deviant," because the clinical nature of the term stemming from "standard deviation" puts a pretty fine point on it.

In the scheme of things, Seth Rich was more of a hero. The information he leaked did make a material difference in exposing part of the fraud of the establishment--mainly the Democratic Party and the media/Hollywood nexus. For that, he paid with his life without any due process of law. The irony is that with all of the Clinton's dirty dealings with Russia, they want to investigate "possible ties" between Trump and Russia when investigations are supposed to be based upon "probable cause."

So I have to just re-iterate that I couldn't give a shit about what problems the establishment is having now. They more than deserve it. Trump's failure to fire Obama holdovers and all the leaking is his fault. There is no good will that can be shown to the establishment. It's corrupt and venal and it needs to be defeated.
I personally don't give a fuck, because I'm of the opinion that a private first class should not have had access to that information in the first place. That Manning had that access in my opinion is a good reason for an higher ranking intelligence officer to be fired and publicly shamed instead of placing all the blame on someone as psychologically fucked up as Manning.

This is a good point. I have yet to see anyone articulate a good reason for Manning to have access to that information. Who were the watchers?
Who cares. Why do you hate the truth being out there, Drlee? Why do you support torture? Why do you support the murder of journalists? Just because your psychotic government does?

Really? Come on Skinster. You can do better than that.
As I have said time and again in this thread, IMO what Manning released is no defense. He is a felon at the very best. At the worst he is a traitor. It really IS that simple.

My religion has nothing to do with this. My citizenship does.

@FiveofSwords On e again, you fail to provide[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]