Senate approves sanctions bill to punish Russia for meddling - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14816382
Rugoz wrote:Right-wing totalitarianism was practically defeated after WW2. Left-wing totalitarianism was the bigger threat. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.


I don't know about that.

At last count it was 60 regimes supported or engendered by the US since WWII, including Nicaragua and Chile under Augusto Pinochet.
#14816386
anarchist23 wrote:I don't know about that.

At last count it was 60 regimes supported or engendered by the US since WWII, including Nicaragua and Chile under Augusto Pinochet.


I wanted to provoke left-wing outrage but got a serious response, what is going on.

Anyway, those are small fish. Why single out the US anyway? My country does business with anybody but always gets away with it. :lol:
#14816390
Rugoz wrote:I wanted to provoke left-wing outrage but got a serious response, what is going on.

Anyway, those are small fish. Why single out the US anyway? My country does business with anybody but always gets away with it. :lol:


:lol:

The reason for singling out the US is that the thread concerns the sanctions of the US against Russia.
I must say that Russia is guilty of supporting/engendering totalitarian regimes since WWII.
In fact Britain has installed untold puppet governments around the world as well.
It's the consequence of imperialism whether it's US, British or Russian.
#14816391
Rugoz wrote:I wanted to provoke left-wing outrage but got a serious response, what is going on.


Right vs Left is a fake dichotomy, created by the Globalists to promote their agenda against the National states.

BTW, after WWII the Soviet Union became a Nationalist state, Russian Nationalism was revived due to Hitler and WWII.

viewtopic.php?p=14814742#p14814742

The Globalists had to abandon their support for Communism in East Europe, due to WWII, and they had to redouble their efforts to undermine USA and Western countries, promoting Neo-Marxism, which worked.
#14816413
Bulaba Jones wrote:Who would you say the "Globalists" are, @ArtAllm?


Yes, I can be more precise, but I am afraid that the mods will call this an "off-topic" in this thread.
I am reluctant to write something that will be probably deleted as an "off-topic".

:D
#14816457
layman wrote:@anarchist23
@Decky

It isn't hypocritical to pick a side. In other words you could support meddling against Hitler's Germany while being against meddling in stalins soviet.


You should read my complete post and would realise I haven't picked a side.

anarchist23 wrote:The reason for singling out the US is that the thread concerns the sanctions of the US against Russia.
I must say that Russia is guilty of supporting/engendering totalitarian regimes since WWII.
In fact Britain has installed untold puppet governments around the world as well.
It's the consequence of imperialism whether it's US, British or Russian.
#14816483
It does not surprise me that they would do this. Afterall their main interest is more wars in the global south and open borders at home. I think that they get very excited at the thought of a war with anyone. Deep down they hate Russia for being Russia. Its hard for them to accept that Moscow has not submitted to them and isn't embracing American values like cowboy capitalism, fast food diets, career before family and sexual extremism.

Instead of passing sanctions for alleged "meddling" they should all learn to get a life and start passing measures to improve the lives of the average hard working American who slogs away for even the most basic necessities.
#14826352
British Broadcast Corporation

Leaders of both parties in the US Congress have agreed on legislation that allows fresh sanctions to punish Russia for alleged election meddling. The new legislation would also sharply limit President Donald Trump's ability to lift any sanctions against Russia. He has previously said he needs diplomatic leeway with the Kremlin. Mr Trump's time in office has been dogged by claims that Russia tried to influence last year's US election. Moscow denies any wrongdoing but several US investigations are looking into whether anyone in the Trump campaign colluded with Russian officials.

Correspondents say the bipartisan agreement indicates determination in Congress to maintain a firm line against Russia, whatever Mr Trump's view.
Image
The president could veto the bill, but in doing so would fuel suspicion that he is too supportive of the Kremlin, correspondents say. On the other hand, if he signs it he would be imposing legislation that his administration is opposed to.
Senator Ben Cardin, the most senior Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said agreement was reached after "intense negotiations". "A nearly united Congress is poised to send President Putin a clear message on behalf of the American people and our allies, and we need President Trump to help us deliver that message," he said.

Chuck Schumer, Senate Democratic leader, said the House of Representatives and the Senate would act on the legislation "promptly, on a broad bipartisan basis". He said a strong sanctions bill was "essential". The bill also covers the possibility of further sanctions against Iran and North Korea. It has already passed the Senate and the House is due to vote on it on Tuesday. The legislation would allow new sanctions against Russia for its 2014 annexation of Crimea as well as for its alleged meddling in the US election.

The US already has a raft of sanctions in place against Russian individuals and companies over Crimea. In December, following claims of election hacking, then President Barack Obama also expelled 35 diplomats and closed two Russian compounds in the US. The Kremlin has demanded that the seized compounds be returned and has threatened "specific measures" in retaliation. After high-level talks last week, one Russian official involved said the row had "almost" been resolved.

However, the new US bill would make it hard for President Trump to alter sanctions or return diplomatic properties without the approval of Congress. During his presidential campaign, Mr Trump hinted he would consider recognising Crimea as part of Russia and suggested lifting sanctions. In another development, Russia's ambassador to the US, Sergei Kislyak, has returned home after ending his nine-year tenure. Mr Kislyak has been linked to several of President Trump's associates and has been named by US media as a key figure in the investigation into alleged election interference. Mr Kislyak's successor has not yet been named.

US authorities continue to investigate possible collusion between the Trump team and Russia, claims Mr Trump has repeatedly denied. In a new twist on Saturday, reports emerged that Mr Trump was considering presidential pardons for family members, aides and even himself. Presidents have the power to pardon people before guilt is established or even before the person is charged with a crime.

US authorities continue to investigate possible collusion between the Trump team and Russia, claims Mr Trump has repeatedly denied. In a new twist on Saturday, reports emerged that Mr Trump was considering presidential pardons for family members, aides and even himself. Presidents have the power to pardon people before guilt is established or even before the person is charged with a crime.




Here is some update on this bill, going to congress on Tuesdays 25th.
#14826471
So, is this the Republican swamp monsters dropping their pretense of any support for Trump? Have the two parties joined together to destroy him? I am aware of the strong emotions about him, but can you still see how unprecedented this is and maybe we should be concerned? The one party system is real! No more pretense of having a choice. How will we handle that knowledge? Never mind, I know the answer for most, denial.
My main reason for feeling this way is Congress is taking action based upon knowledge they supposedly have but have not shared with us common folk. If there is something real, then why not tell us?
#14826479
mikema63 wrote:Yeah it's funny how there's a consensus about russia and not healthcare. I wonder if maybe it's because the evidence about Russia is so overwhelming that neither side can ignore it?

Nah, they must both just be literally evil.

No, the evidence is not overwhelming at all. It is only circumstantial evidence. The liberal News media along with the Democratic party has hyped it to make it seem overwhelming. They had a "Fake News" report claiming 17 intelligence agencies say Russia did it when it was only four.

They don't know how Wikileaks got that information on the Democrats. Wikileaks denies they got it from the Russians and refuse to disclose the real source. But actually Wikileaks disclosed how corrupt the DNC and Clinton were to the entire nation. That sounds like something all Americans would like to know. So if Russia really did do it, then I praise them for revealing the truth. I love Putin and the Russians if they actually did that. However, I don't think they did.

With Russia, Russia, Russia in the news every day as the evil enemy, it is just the political thing to do to vote for sanctions on the Russians, while letting Iran and North Korea slide. I think we should concentrate on securing our real secrets from hackers, no matter were they are from. As I understand it, we also have our electrical grids for the entire nation that needs securing to prevent complete shutdown.

One unintended side effect of the focus on virtue […]

Is Trump Unpatriotic?

Trump is opposed to stupid wars, but all for sm[…]

Trump Takes on NFL

It's probably one of the most stupid ideas for pla[…]

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR Cry hav[…]