Venezuela's supreme court attacked with grenade from police helicopter - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Seriously speaking though skinster.

Let's say the opposition does not gain power. What can Maduro do to help Venezuela? He and Chaves failed economics 101. That is, DIVERSIFY YOUR ECONOMY. Chaves, and Maduro, had a perfect/rare/golden opportunity to use their oil riches from the late 90s until just a year or two ago to expand the economy into other sectors. Why didn't they do that? The Saudi's are doing it.

How could they have fucked up so badly? I'm sorry, but this failure cannot be explained away by "US meddling." During that time, Venezuela and OPEC had the US by the balls with respect to oil. This is the part the saddens me about Venezuela, they could have done it man! They could have pulled themselves up into a healthy diverse economy with a level of independence that could be more resistant to US meddling. They totally squandered that shit.

FYI, I'm not saying I want the opposition to cease power. Just saying, we can't deny the ball was dropped, and there is at the very least SOME blame to be placed on Chaves and his cronies here.
Which opposition group are you talking about Rancid? Can you be specific?

The US has also failed economics 101, should another state impose a government or fund violent opposition groups over here?

What do you mean fucked up so badly? Have you watched any of the videos ITT? There is a lot of propaganda at play, as is often the case when the US has plans for regime change.

Why do Americans never learn from the same bullshit being thrown at them over and over again? They just eat it up, repeatedly, shilling for neocons, whether they know it or not... :knife:
skinster wrote:Which opposition group are you talking about Rancid? Can you be specific?

The US has also failed economics 101, should another state impose a government or fund violent opposition groups over here?

What do you mean fucked up so badly? Have you watched any of the videos ITT? There is a lot of propaganda at play, as is often the case when the US has plans for regime change.

Why do Americans never learn from the same bullshit being thrown at them over and over again? They just eat it up, repeatedly, shilling for neocons, whether they know it or not... :knife:

You are right.
One Degree wrote:I have no idea if the US is involved, but I have anticipated the US reasserting more control of Latin America in response to current world affairs. Time will tell.

The US has been passive so far considering that Maduro's power grab has been going on for almost 2 years, no meaningful economic sanctions have been imposed for example (the US is Venezuela's most important trade partner). Of course economically Venezuela is already an epic disaster.
Where are you getting your information from?

Rancid wrote:You are right.

I don't mean to act like I'm right, I'm still learning, but based on what I've read and watched so far, based on the visible popular support the govt already has, based on the oil Venezuela is sitting on, based on what I heard from two journalists I know who worked in the country, based on obvious MSM propaganda, based on recent US history of toppling governments using the neocon ideology, etc., I've come to the conclusions that I have.

I've shared a number of articles and videos in this thread. You can watch them and counter them if you want to. When I ask you and others here questions based on what you're saying, I'm genuinely curious about what you have to back up what you're saying, not necessarily saying you are wrong.

Even though sometimes people are.
:D
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It has already been explained that this type of co[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]

The link and quote has been posted. As well as l[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]