France has now an enabling act - like the Nazis in 1933 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

He's a liberal. Basically everyone on PoFo was destined to hate him for every reason possible.

It's pretty clear that Frances labor laws are stricter than much of the rest of Europe and that Frances economy is having more difficulties due to it. My husband's aunt is an English teacher in France and according to her she has a coworker who I an absolutely horrible person and teacher, but can't be fired because of how strict their laws are and that its hard to find a job when employers are afraid they'd be stuck with someone forever. I'm all for workers getting a fair deal and not getting fucked around with as easily in the US but this is obviously not a good situation for anyone unemployed, forced to work with someone who is awful, or for the businesses themselves.

I'm sure many would argue that we shouldn't care about those businesses but for as long as France is a capitalist country they are an integral part of the operation of their economy and society and must be duly considered outside your feelings about them.
France already spends considerable amounts on welfare and they do not have a flexible labor market because the problem with their labor market isn't that people are afraid to quit it's that they can sit in a job forever even if they are extremely bad at it and employers are much less willing to hire. All the welfare in the world will not convince employers to hire more.
Beren wrote:It didn't take much time for Macron to become a Nazi monarch with a weak mandate. :lol:

He was a shit president before his wife even decided that he was running.
mikema63 wrote:It's pretty clear that Frances labor laws are stricter than much of the rest of Europe and that Frances economy is having more difficulties due to it.

Yes, let's not blame all the parasitic middlemen in France who do nothing except skim from everyone else.

It's the French worker's fault for not working 16 hours per day that France is having financial problems. If only they would stop making unreasonable demands to spend time with their families for the month of August and get back to working in sulphur mines without safety equipment.

"The slaves are the reason the plantation are going bankrupt" - that's what the Slavemaster Times tells us every day. And our house-dogs bark out the same story as their master's voice.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, let's not blame all the parasitic middlemen in France who do nothing except skim from everyone else.

It's the French worker's fault for not working 16 hours per day that France is having financial problems.

The slaves are the reason the plantation are going bankrupt. At least, that's what the Slavemaster Times tells me every day.

Good post, have flavours of Qatz classic™ for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, especially the last line. It gave me feelings of nostalgia and comfort 8.5/10, would recommend this post to a friend.

As for the political situation in France, capitalist politician acts like capitalist politician, who would have guessed such a thing might happen? Things never change after elections, if voting changed a single damn thing the capitalists would ban it tomorrow.
Things never change after elections, if voting changed a single damn thing the capitalists would ban it tomorrow.

@Decky That is a Mark Twain caliber comment. :up:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

[quote='ate"]Whatever you're using, I want[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]