Mayday! PM calls on Corbyn for help - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The Guardian wrote:Theresa May will attempt to relaunch her premiership today with an unexpected appeal to Labour and other parties for policy ideas. In a speech on Monday designed to bolster her position against talk of a leadership challenge, the prime minister will ask other parties to “come forward with your own views and ideas about how we can tackle” challenges such as injustice and inequality.

Theresa-May.jpg
Theresa-May.jpg (38.36 KiB) Viewed 909 times

It comes after a weekend of increasing speculation about her future, with reports saying that former chief whip Andrew Mitchell – a key supporter of Brexit secretary and potential May successor David Davis – told a dinner of MPs that the PM was “dead in the water”.

One factor in May’s more conciliatory approach is that she will need the support of the Labour frontbench to implement Brexit, including the passage of the repeal bill which is due to be published on Thursday. A cross-party group of MPs led by Anna Soubry, the former Tory minister, and Chuka Umunna, the former Labour shadow business secretary, has been set up to oppose a hard Brexit ahead of the bill.

And if all that wasn’t enough, MEPs have condemned the government’s plan for EU residents in the UK post-Brexit as offering only “second-class” status. Writing in the Guardian, the EU parliament’s Brexit coordinator, Guy Verhofstadt, says the offer is a “damp squib”.

The Guardian
So she wants other leaders to do her job for her? She has obviously realised that her manifesto is shit. It got you a hung parliament May, you might as well follow it through and finish what you started. Otherwise why on earth did you publish it in the first place?
To be fair, this is a reasonable action for someone who failed to get a majority.

She must have known Corbyn would throw it back in her face though. He has called for another snap election, people to take to the streets etc.

I think she wants to expose their hard brexit nature so he loses his remainer support. Labour have kept plausible deniability in their hard brexit plan to enable nationalisation of major industries.
If I were one of Theresa May's inner circle, I'd tell her to stop throwing away the last vestiges of her dignity. It's getting embarrassing at this point.

However, since I'm not, I'll just tell her to keep going. She's been providing the country with some much-needed laughs over the last couple of months. :excited:
layman wrote:To be fair, this is a reasonable action for someone who failed to get a majority.

I don't get it either.

May seems to be a rather bland, non-controversial politican. Where does all the May-bashing come from?
layman wrote:To be fair, this is a reasonable action for someone who failed to get a majority.

She has a majority because she has an agreement with the DUP. If she needs help with policy ideas you have to wonder whether she knows what she is doing. She should stick to her manifesto and whatever she agreed to do with the DUP. If she likes any ideas that Labour bring forward she should steal them. Asking for help is simply saying to her enemies/opposition/doubters that doesn't know where to take the next step forward. And the scary thing is she is still insisting on fuckin' Brexit. If I was her I would do the ultimate 'Hail Mary' and withdraw from article 50. Now that is a great policy idea. She'll either get kicked out of the premiership or reignite her reputation with the remainers. Either way it'll be an epic way to get thrown out of your job or boost your reputation.
Politics in Britain must be an endless dick-measuring contest.

It is, Rugoz, and always has been. Even a coalition government is regarded as a sign of weakness and as a conspiratorial trick foisted on the public. Which it is. Lol.
Response from Corbyn's office wrote:If she needs help, we’ll be happy to send her Labour’s General Election manifesto. It contains some great stuff on how a real government, with the genuine best interests of the country and its people at heart, will negotiate Brexit.

As many of her colleagues already seem to want to use it as a reference-guide for proper government anyway, we’ll be happy to present her with her own copy.

We’re sure she’ll appreciate it.
https://www.thecanary.co/2017/07/10/cor ... delicious/

:D
I'm liking the trolling by Corbyn. His 7 minute speech in Parliament yesterday was a massive bitch slap to the Tories.

Rugoz, aside from being extremely bland, robotic and uninspiring, Theresa May (Maybot) projected the competence and ruthlessness of Thatcher when she was made Prime Minister. She talked about helping those who are just about managing after years of austerity. As soon as she got in office, with the help of Labour "moderates", she pushed the Thatcher image further. However, the election showed her to be 1) immensely incompetent 2) prone to U-turns (sometimes twice a day) 3) lacking any ideas to move the country forward and help those who are just about managing 4) put forward a manifesto that was lacking anything other than helping multi-millionaires and Tory donors & voters.

If the media had not been protecting her prior to the election, and right wing Labour MPs stopped being utter shits to their leader, we would have seen all this sooner.
Last edited by demima on 11 Jul 2017 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

@FiveofSwords , when do you plan to call for a r[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]