Tory Party Whip Suspended after using the term: "N***** in the Woodpile" - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:Social conventions are a thing. You can say this shit you're saying here while you're basically anonymous and behind a screen but in the real world you can't run around saying whatever the hell you like, especially if it's offensive to some people, because that kind of thing can get you a smack in the mouth, as I'm sure you know.

Yah social taboos are a thing, but you should be able to say words even if some over-sensitive (and let's face it crazy people) get (pretend) "offended" by it. This MP wasn't even using the word as an insult. It just fucked up crying over that.

Also smack me in the mouth and I'm smacking back...
SolarCross wrote:Yah social taboos are a thing, but you should be able to say words even if some over-sensitive (and let's face it crazy people) get (pretend) "offended" by it. This MP wasn't even using the word as an insult. It just fucked up crying over that.

Fighting social taboos can be useful. But trying to normalize the use of the term N***** serves nobody. It's simply a racist insult, it adds nothing to public discourse.
SolarCross wrote:Yah social taboos are a thing, but you should be able to say words even if some over-sensitive (and let's face it crazy people) get (pretend) "offended" by it.

Again, in the real world we don't run around saying whatever we like whenever we like because that could result in us losing a job, a smack in the mouth or worse. Amongst your one friend you can surely say whatever but this happened to an MP in public. Politicians in the UK can't say a word like that and not expect consequences, in the same way that Seinfield guy got shit for using the same word onstage and in the same way I can't call my workmates the same word because I'd lose my job.

The woe of racists is a sight to behold :D
Rugoz wrote:
- She got suspended.

So?

The Tories are and have been getting the same inane PR advice as the Republicans in the US.

Chances are she's going to be reinstated at some point, much like Livingstone will whose "slip of the tongue", in contrast, probably wasn't accidental.

Rugoz wrote:- Not behaving like a socially incompetent asshole is now apparently equivalent to being "politically correct". Welcome to the age of Trumpism. :excited:

I'm inclined to think you are being deliberately obtuse here or perhaps the opportunity to make a sarcastic comment about Trump is just too tempting.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]