Milan bans selfie sticks, glass bottles and food trucks - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Independent wrote:Selfie sticks, glass bottles and food trucks have all been outlawed by authorities in Milan.

selfie.jpg
selfie.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 924 times

The Town Hall’s ban came into effect on Friday 14 July, and is aimed at curbing littering and anti-social behaviour, reports The Local.

Tourists and locals alike are prohibited from "holding, carrying, leaving on the ground, disposing of, or receiving any kind of glass bottles or containers, cans, and selfie sticks" in the area between Piazza XXIV Maggio, Gorizia Avenue, Via Codara, Cantore Square and Gabriele D'Annunzio Avenue. Firecrackers and fireworks have also been outlawed.

Food trucks have come under attack too – a new regulation bans all kinds of "moving trade" in public areas.

The rules will be in place until 13 August, with the possibility to extend them if necessary. Milan's councillor for security, Carmela Rozza, said: "It is a renewable provision,” adding that it "will continue until it is needed".

She said: “The purpose of this ordinance is to make it a habit not to bring glass bottles or cans in the area".

Milan is following in the wake of a number of Italian cities which have taken a firmer stance on anti-social behaviour from tourists.

Florence announced in May that the steps of its churches would be hosed down at lunchtimes to deter tourists from eating and drinking around the city’s most iconic sites. "If the tourists want to sit there, they'll get wet," said Florentine mayor Dario Nardella.

milan.jpg
Milan is outlawing glass bottles over the summer (Getty Images)
Meanwhile Rome has banned drinking alcohol at night. Mayor Virginia Raggi brought in an order outlawing the sale and consumption of alcohol in public place until 31 October. Eating and drinking around its famous fountains is also off the menu. About 40 fountains – those flagged as having historical significance – are affected.

Getting in them, sitting on them, giving pets a drink and throwing things into the water has also been forbidden – although throwing coins is still allowed, meaning the tradition of lobbing money into the Trevi Fountain, which is said to ensure you’ll return to Rome, is still possible. Anyone breaking the rules will be fined up to €240.

Independent
I think this is because the migrant situation is becoming out of control. I was on vacation in Italy in May and in Venice and a few other cities, and although I didn't see as many migrants as I thought I would, selfie sticks were mostly being peddled by migrants. Even if they weren't being peddle by migrants the use of selfie sticks is totally out of control in Italy.
Last edited by maz on 17 Jul 2017 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Good plan. If you do not allow people access to food, then I am sure littering will decrease. I wonder if the owners of indoor restaurants were in support of this? :lol:

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]