Muslim mother takes legal action against school over face veil ban - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The PC crowd like to think everyone should be accepting of the diversities of people in our world.
And although I do believe the day will come when all humans are basically the same through migrations and mixed-marriages, this is not that day.
They deny their own instinct to shun that which is "foreign" and expect everyone else to just follow their lofty lead.
But people aren't uniformly as accepting and inviting as these PC types are.
These young men certainly aren't...
and most people like this aren't generally...
and nor are these people, in my experience...
The purpose of a community is to establish shared values to have a modicum of stability in our daily lives. Diversity defined as justifying the behavior of those opposed to the community standards is an oxymoron. I acknowledge their right to express disagreement with the standards, but it is counterproductive to automatically give their views equal status. To give equal status to individuals within a community is to invite chaos to replace stability. The community right to stability should be superior to a diverse choice within the community.
One Degree wrote:The purpose of a community is to establish shared values to have a modicum of stability in our daily lives. Diversity defined as justifying the behavior of those opposed to the community standards is an oxymoron.

No, it is not an oxymoron.

Nor is diversity defined that way.

I acknowledge their right to express disagreement with the standards, but it is counterproductive to automatically give their views equal status. To give equal status to individuals within a community is to invite chaos to replace stability.

Good thing no one is arguing that.

Other than you, in other threads.

The community right to stability should be superior to a diverse choice within the community.

No. Not necessarily.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, it is not an oxymoron.

Nor is diversity defined that way.

Good thing no one is arguing that.

Other than you, in other threads.

No. Not necessarily.

Don't you support the right of indigenous communities to be free of the diversity surrounding them?
Should they abandon their community values?
Why should it be different for a white Protestant community or a Black Baptist community?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Like I said, you are defining "diversity" incorrectly.

I don't care how you define it. The people in a community should be the only ones to decide what is acceptable in their community. The idea that people outside of their community should tell them the right way to live has no rational basis. It is simply people, who believe they are morally superior, forcing others to comply. This is pretty much the definition of Crusaders.
One Degree wrote:I don't care how you define it.

It is not about my definition. It is about using the defintion that we all use as a community.

The people in a community should be the only ones to decide what is acceptable in their community. The idea that people outside of their community should tell them the right way to live has no rational basis. It is simply people, who believe they are morally superior, forcing others to comply. This is pretty much the definition of Crusaders.

Sure. We are talking about the UK. In the UK, we have freedom of religion. So by the standards of the community being discussed, Muslims are welcome.

Thanks for clarifying that.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is not about my definition. It is about using the defintion that we all use as a community.

Sure. We are talking about the UK. In the UK, we have freedom of religion. So by the standards of the community being discussed, Muslims are welcome.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Of course you are correct, and my arguments are based upon the idea that we should have a definition of community as a fairly uniform geographic area much smaller than most countries. The community you describe is too large to have any pretense of being a real community.
One Degree wrote:Of course you are correct,

Yes.

and my arguments are based upon the idea that we should have a definition of community as a fairly uniform geographic area much smaller than most countries. The community you describe is too large to have any pretense of being a real community.

Yes, your ideas about community size are not relevant to the debate.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]