ICE Announces Crackdown on MS13 Gang - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14828964
The Immortal Goon wrote:So no argument...No response...No capital letter at the beginning of the sentence.

I've established a timeline, motive, citations, and even used your own sources. You can only resort to name-calling. Presumably you feel very sad and don't know how else to express your irrational anger.

I am not angry or very sad. I am just wise enough to know that it is pointless to argue with someone that continues to be in denial of the truth. So you can continue to believe the lies, if you wish.
#14828971
Hindsite wrote:I am not angry or very sad. I am just wise enough to know that it is pointless to argue with someone that continues to be in denial of the truth. So you can continue to believe the lies, if you wish.


I do get tired of such sensitive little emotional snowflakes coming on and trying to argue that I should care about their precious feelings instead of objective reality.

1. Nothing you said has been backed up by evidence

2. When you did cite, it contained information that disproved your previous statements

3. Since then it's been endless whining about how your feelings can't be wrong, reality must be wrong.

4. This is justified by you saying you're wise to ignore facts :lol:

Image
#14828976
One Degree wrote:What specifically do you find wrong with my reasoning?


I just told you. More than once.

I have so far not judged the legitimacy of your source, even though it is a .org.


If you think that is important, please do so.

I believe my reasoning is clear without getting into that. Obama encouraged illegal immigration which is how this gang was formed and how it continued to increase its numbers based upon your source.


Actually, my source points out very clearly that MS-13 formed and grew and became powerful before Obama got into power.

Unless Obama or MS-13 are magical time travelers, your claim is obviously incorrect.
#14829008
Pants-of-dog wrote:Actually, my source points out very clearly that MS-13 formed and grew and became powerful before Obama got into power.

We can argue endlessly about the when, how, and why and still not solve the gang problem. The best way to do that is what ICE is now doing under the Trump administration.
#14829011
Hindsite wrote:We can argue endlessly about the when, how, and why and still not solve the gang problem. The best way to do that is what ICE is now doing under the Trump administration.


There is the little wrinkle that the facts are this far 100% backing the narrative that this was a problem that was already working, that along Island has had declining gang violence since the W administration, and whatever was being done before Trump had lowered gang violence to historic lows.

Then there's your argument that facts don't matter, because we are not wise enough to recognize that your precious snowflake feelings are contrary to reality.
#14829014
The Immortal Goon wrote:There is the little wrinkle that the facts are this far 100% backing the narrative that this was a problem that was already working, that along Island has had declining gang violence since the W administration, and whatever was being done before Trump had lowered gang violence to historic lows.

Then there's your argument that facts don't matter, because we are not wise enough to recognize that your precious snowflake feelings are contrary to reality.

If so, then where is the story in the "Fake News" media about ICE and the Obama administration's crack down on the MS13 gang?
#14829022
Gang violence was in decline for a long time, but it started making a comeback in many cities last year. Renewed efforts of what worked is what Trump is doing. No reason why he should not take credit for the current crackdown just like any other politician would.
#14829024
The Immortal Goon wrote:You'll note I did not attribute the decline to Obama.

I noted that it happened, and is continuing to happen, and gang violence in Long Island is already historically low.

That may be true, but it is better to eliminate the MS13 gang altogether, than just hoping gang violence will go down based on some trend that may or not be correct.
#14829102
Obviously nobody thinks there should be gang violence. Hell, even gangs themselves would rather not deal with the violence.

Trump is offering a tough sounding solution that may well do the opposite of whatever has made gang violence fall to an all-time low.

But let's be honest: this is politics. He knows that gang violence in Long Island is at an all time low, so he's looking to take credit for something he had nothing to do with. Fair enough, but let's not be the dummies politicians assume we are.
#14829199
The Immortal Goon wrote:Obviously nobody thinks there should be gang violence. Hell, even gangs themselves would rather not deal with the violence.

Trump is offering a tough sounding solution that may well do the opposite of whatever has made gang violence fall to an all-time low.

But let's be honest: this is politics. He knows that gang violence in Long Island is at an all time low, so he's looking to take credit for something he had nothing to do with. Fair enough, but let's not be the dummies politicians assume we are.

Who really knows? But we do know Trump did have something to do with the ICE crackdown on the MS13 gang.
#14829209
1. We know that, whatever was done during W and Obama worked and gang violence is at its lowest in history.

2. We know that Trump decided to shit on all that and either change an amazingly successful strategy, or lie to all the dumb-dumbs that believe him and not change everything and take credit for the sun rising

This is, at best, Trump being a snake oil salesman cynically counting on people being so ill informed and stupid they believe him. At worst, he's wrecking solutions to a problem that has already been solved.

Excuse me if I don't leap up and slavishly applaud him.
#14829222
The Immortal Goon wrote:1. We know that, whatever was done during W and Obama worked and gang violence is at its lowest in history.

2. We know that Trump decided to shit on all that and either change an amazingly successful strategy, or lie to all the dumb-dumbs that believe him and not change everything and take credit for the sun rising

This is, at best, Trump being a snake oil salesman cynically counting on people being so ill informed and stupid they believe him. At worst, he's wrecking solutions to a problem that has already been solved.

Excuse me if I don't leap up and slavishly applaud him.

Well, I think Trump is working hard and doing a very good job even though he is being obstructed in Congress by the liberal Democrats and attacked by the liberal news media with fake news.
#14829366
Well, I think Trump is working hard and doing a very good job even though he is being obstructed in Congress by the liberal Democrats and attacked by the liberal news media with fake news.


I know what you mean. He is unfairly opposed by the liberal media like Fox News, the republican majority congress and the majority of American people who did not vote for him. It hardly seems fair.
#14829452
Trump seems to be a man not used to being second questioned in his business or said no to, and is not prepared to be challenged in the most criticized and public post in the country.
#14829454
Zagadka wrote:Trump seems to be a man not used to being second questioned in his business or said no to, and is not prepared to be challenged in the most criticized and public post in the country.

I think this is true, but then add some justified paranoia. Hard to function with that mix.
#14829455
I feel compelled to point out again that it's not the Democrats resisting Trump, they'd need a policy to even start doing that.

PBS wrote:WASHINGTON — There wasn't a dramatic public break or an exact moment it happened. But step by step, Senate Republicans are turning their backs on President Donald Trump.

They defeated an Obamacare repeal bill despite Trump's pleas. They're ignoring his Twitter demands that they get back to work on the repeal measure. They dissed the White House budget director, defended the attorney general against the president's attacks and passed veto-proof sanctions on Russia over his administration's objections.

They're reasserting their independence, which looked sorely diminished in the aftermath of Trump's surprise election win.

"We work for the American people," Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina said Tuesday. "We don't work for the president."

Those are surprisingly tough words from a Republican whose state Trump won easily less than a year ago. But after six months of controversies and historically low approval ratings, it's clear Trump isn't commanding the fear or respect he once did.

Some Republicans no doubt are giving voice to long-held reservations about a man whose election was essentially a hostile takeover of their party. But it is notable that the loudest criticism is coming from the Senate, where few Republicans are burdened with facing an electorate anytime soon. The situation is different in the House, where most Republicans represent conservative districts still loyal to Trump. For those lawmakers, the fear of facing a conservative primary challenger, possibly fueled by angry Trump followers, is real.

One unintended side effect of the focus on virtue […]

Is Trump Unpatriotic?

Trump is opposed to stupid wars, but all for sm[…]

Trump Takes on NFL

It's probably one of the most stupid ideas for pla[…]

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR Cry hav[…]