Poland demands €350 BILLION from Germany for WW2 war crimes - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Relations between Berlin and Warsaw are at boiling point as the EU threatens to mobilise Article 7 against Poland - the so-called nuclear option.

The nation would lose its voting rights if the extraordinary measure is used.

Now, a new row is erupting as Polish MPs call for Germany to pay Poland PLN 1.5 trillion (EUR 350 billion, USD 420 billion) in reparations for invading the country during WWII.

Jakubiak told public broadcaster Polish Radio: "The fact that we are a poor country does not come from the fact that we are idiots. The Germans burned our homeland. We we lost 50 years.

"I do not want a war with the Germans, I do not want bad relations with Germany... The Germans have to pay for the damage done to Poland and then we will talk normally as partners.”

Jarosław Kaczyński, head of the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party revealed the matter is on his mind at a convention in July.

He said gargantuan damages caused to his country were “really still not made up for”.

PiS deputy Arkadiusz Mularczyk wants a report on whether demanding reparations from Germany is feasible.

The final report will be ready by the middle of August.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/838 ... ons-report

Interesting.
This is part of the wider spat between Germany and Poland in the context of the EU. A wrong-think government was elected fairly by the people and merely sought to free its judiciary from the stranglehold of un-elected EU bureaucrats who are are angry by this apparent will toward rebellion. Elements of Poland's government are now inciting the situation to goad Germany into employing oppressive measures, so that they can garner a mandate to simply leave the union.

That's my interpretation.

Misuse?

You beren misuse the art of the argument.
Squeeze Germany till the pips squeak. It is well past time for a new Versailles, the Hun are up to their old tricks and are trying to retake the world via the EU, they need to be slowed down with huge reparations for their great evil. Good for the Poles, Germans are not good neighbours and should be reminded of their wartime conduct as often as possible.
Decky wrote:Squeeze Germany till the pips squeak. It is well past time for a new Versailles, the Hun are up to their old tricks and are trying to retake the world via the EU, they need to be slowed down with huge reparations for their great evil. Good for the Poles, Germans are not good neighbours and should be reminded of their wartime conduct as often as possible.

There is a very large portion of the German population that don't need to be reminded of their Grandparents' conduct. They wring there hands with a sense of guilt every day, and that is why Merkel's crowd are running the place. And they'll still be running it after the next election. They are almost as tedious about the "War" as the Jews who seem to think no one else got killed.
neopagan wrote:There is a very large portion of the German population that don't need to be reminded of their Grandparents' conduct. They wring there hands with a sense of guilt every day, and that is why Merkel's crowd are running the place. And they'll still be running it after the next election. They are almost as tedious about the "War" as the Jews who seem to think no one else got killed.

Once upon a time I read that that destruction Nazi Germany did to the Netherlands was so large, ceding a large chunk of territory including parts of the Ruhr valley would not equal the cost. Or maybe that was Dutch inflation.
Image:
► Show Spoiler

The damage to Poland exceeds that to the Netherlands, though I do note the Dutch were devastated to levels comparable to Eastern Europe. I dont know if 350 billion Euro is correct, but Poland did get some land, so perhaps Germany has paid its debt.. or perhaps that 350 billion is what left. Calculating a blood price for millions of people, intellectuals, artifacts, etc. seems inherently wrong. Perhaps that is why German actions due to their guilt is rather odd, offering pennies of aid for dollars of destruction is token effort while their real penance is supporting "unfortunate" foreigners and people the world over who they didn't harm.
Seems to me that they should be asking for a bit more from Russia.

When John Dillinger was asked why he robbed banks, he replied: "Because that's where the money is." Draw your own conclusions. :)
Zagadka wrote:Seems to me that they should be asking for a bit more from Russia.

Without the Soviet Union the Germans would have committed genocide on each and every Polish man, woman and child. The Poles owe the Russians everything they have today including their own lives, they should be god damn grateful that Stalin moved into east Poland to protect them from Nazi aggression and that he liberated the rest of Poland from the Germans and even committed genocide on Germans in the east of their country so he could hand their land to the Poles for free after the war! How much more could the Russians have done for the Poles? It is difficult to even conceive of a way they could have been more helpful.

Some nations really are pathetic in how ungrateful they are to their liberators.
Zagadka wrote:Seems to me that they should be asking for a bit more from Russia.

They will ask Russia too perhaps. Then the British and the French, because they let them down. Europe as a whole owes the Poles I guess. Then they ask America for help like America usually helps.

"Poland? Fantastic country! I love Poland. Really, I love them. Great people. Help? No."
They will ask Russia too perhaps. Then the British and the French, because they let them down. Europe as a whole owes the Poles I guess. Then they ask America for help like America usually helps.

Poland was once a great nation, but the past three centuries have totally fucked them in the head. They have been reduced to a whiny loser nation wheedling money out of their neighbours. If they had any gumption, they would have massed tank divisions on the border with Germany and then demanded money from them. But no, they have to do it the pathetic whiny loser way. :roll:

"Poland? Fantastic country! I love Poland. Really, I love them. Great people. Help? No."

:lol:

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]