State of emergency is declared in Charlottesville, USA. Why? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beren wrote:Unite the Right seems to divide the right actually. If Trump gets associated with them, he's finished. Shit overwhelms him and his presidency anyways.

I agree, but Trump made the only rational comment and he is being vilified for it. Anyone who believes the violence was one sided is being irrational.
One Degree wrote:I am not dismissing it as a possibility, it is just that witnesses say he was weaving around people and he ended up hitting another car. He did not directly hit anyone as far as I know.

Fuck me. I thought Albert was bad. Even he wouldn't be stupid enough to believe that someone died or that many were severely injuried by NOT BEING HIT by a car.

There is apparently no footage of him weaving around others. It is a false observation, or it is true but lacks footage, or the videos have not been shown.

Or perhaps there was no footage of him weaving around others because... 'He didn't weave'. Maybe, just maybe, the driver actually targeted people.

Seriously One Degree, I genuinely believe if the guy did a video of himself admitting he was going to drive into protesters prior to the incident you would still think this was an accident.
Last edited by B0ycey on 13 Aug 2017 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
@One Degree

Sure. Post a link of people being killed by progressives at the rally.

Then we will see there is equal violence on both sides.

On a related note, I did see a study where both the left and the right were equally violent, but here is the proverbial kicker: the right attacked women, people of colour, and other oppressed and marginalised people. The left attacked the militant right.

As a minority, I feel like one of those whites who stood with the blacks during the civil rights movement of the 60s. I support the white man in his struggle against the feminist and homosexual dominated culture that men of all races are suffering through today.

What happened yesterday was a direct response to vicious anti-white rhetoric coming from the media and the universities. I commend the demonstrators for forcing the Jewish mayor of Charlottesville to act like a dictator who is fearful of ideas, and fearful of a couple of hundred white men walking down the street. The people who opposed the demonstration are weak and cowardly and showed that they have already lost the battle of ideas. The more they try to shut everything down, the more these kinds of events will happen.

The mayor of Charlottesville and his BLM deputy need to be brought up on charges for attempting to violate the demonstrators first amendment rights, for the riot police's attack on protestors and for crashing a helicopter.
Really sad. :*( When did reading comprehension and critical thinking become unnecessary? I attempt to post a neutral view of the facts and am met with emotional condemnation. Apparently neutrality is even Evil now? :lol:
You must repeat the correct phrases or be condemned. Our righteousness accepts only complete submission. :lol: :lol:

Edit: @maz You are a courageous, thoughtful person and I salute you.
NSA McMaster on Charlottesville: 'Of Course It Was Terrorism'

http://nbcnews.to/2w1fVGX

I'm pleasantly surprised that someone in the whitehouse was willing to call it straight up terrorism. Not particularly surprised that it's the guy who is hated by and hates Steve bannon.

Hopefully he's not the next person to be fired.

@One Degree apologetics for a right wing terrorist is pretty gross yeah. Sorry that it hurts your feelings that people think your defending this is a bad thing.
One Degree wrote:It appears only two people were hurt, so apparently both sides showed some common sense. The media will make it much more dramatic of course.
This group had to go to court to win the right to march, and it appears they were prevented from completing a march the courts agreed to.
The media portraying them as the aggressor is biased reporting since they were the only ones who had a legal right to be there. I doubt BLM had a permit for a counter protest.

Edit: Don't people realize how much more effective it would have been for no one to show up except the marchers? :lol:

OK I haven't reviewed this whole thread, but this sentiment is dead-on.
I sit here watching the CNN Sunday morning gang, listening to them dump all over Trumpy for not specifying the evil white guys, and basically dumping all over a legally approved protest and all over free speech.
I don't share the outlook of people like David Duke or any white supremacists, however this stupid fuckin' PC gang showed up without approval, and what...perhaps rubbed salt in an open wound by confronting these people, who were exercising their AMERICAN RIGHT to "Free Speech", and it appears that they actually CAUSED this tragic outcome.

Political Correctness has become a disease, and are tearing apart the nation.
maz wrote:Image

Irrelevant.

As a minority, I feel like one of those whites who stood with the blacks during the civil rights movement of the 60s. I support the white man in his struggle against the feminist and homosexual dominated culture that men of all races are suffering through today.

Irrelevant and posing as a victim as part of an emotional plea.

What happened yesterday was a direct response to vicious anti-white rhetoric coming from the media and the universities.

Now you seem to be excusing the violence of Nazis.

I commend the demonstrators for forcing the Jewish mayor of Charlottesville to act like a dictator who is fearful of ideas,

And now we seem to have moved onto character assassination.

and fearful of a couple of hundred white men walking down the street.

...who just happen to be supporting racial violence and the very ideas we went to war over almost 80 years ago.

The people who opposed the demonstration are weak and cowardly and showed that they have already lost the battle of ideas. The more they try to shut everything down, the more these kinds of events will happen.

More character assassination and posing as a victim.

The mayor of Charlottesville and his BLM deputy need to be brought up on charges for attempting to violate the demonstrators first amendment rights, for the riot police's attack on protestors and for crashing a helicopter.

This is almost an argument. Can you explain why?

------------------

One Degree wrote:Really sad. :*( When did reading comprehension and critical thinking become unnecessary? I attempt to post a neutral view of the facts and am met with emotional condemnation. Apparently neutrality is even Evil now? :lol:
You must repeat the correct phrases or be condemned. Our righteousness accepts only complete submission. :lol: :lol:

So no response? Just posing as a victim and a weak attempt at insulting other posters?

Edit: @maz You are a courageous, thoughtful person and I salute you.

Yes, the way he complains about being a victim is so brave. :|

---------------

Buzz62 wrote:OK I haven't reviewed this whole thread, but this sentiment is dead-on.
I sit here watching the CNN Sunday morning gang, listening to them dump all over Trumpy for not specifying the evil white guys, and basically dumping all over a legally approved protest and all over free speech.
I don't share the outlook of people like David Duke or any white supremacists, however this stupid fuckin' PC gang showed up without approval, and what...perhaps rubbed salt in an open wound by confronting these people, who were exercising their AMERICAN RIGHT to "Free Speech", and it appears that they actually CAUSED this tragic outcome.

Political Correctness has become a disease, and are tearing apart the nation.

Yes, those people hit by the car are totally to blame for being hit by the car. The guy who was purposely trying to kill peolle with his car is the victim here.. :|
anarchist23 wrote:If you were in Germany in the mid thirties and black shirts were marching in your town does anyone really believe that you should not protest against the fascists?
Not doing anything would be tacit approval.

Marvie.
So...did these people who showed up at a large gathering of APPROVED PROTESTORS who had not physically harmed anyone, albeit had been espousing some rather abrasive ideas, be rewarded and defended for breaking the law and for being blatantly stupid?
Buzz62 wrote:Marvie.
So...did these people who showed up at a large gathering of APPROVED PROTESTORS who had not physically harmed anyone, albeit had been espousing some rather abrasive ideas, be rewarded and defended for breaking the law and for being blatantly stupid?

How did they break the law?

Also, fighting racism is not stupid.
@Pants-of-dog
Why did you bother to post? You offered absolutely nothing except emotional rubbish and emotionally laden words that are suppose to be the Liberals arguments. Just call them Nazis. No need to think.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, those people hit by the car are totally to blame for being hit by the car. The guy who was purposely trying to kill peolle with his car is the victim here.. :|

Oh for gawd's sake POD. Do you never tire of twisting reality to suit your narrow point of view?

If my own son goes out with a stick and whacks away at a hornet's nest, then get stung and attacked by the hornets, I would tell my son that he's stupid and got what he asked for.

It's as simple and obvious as that. Quit trying to "bleed" all over this thread.
Marching against an injustice is a right. Sitting on ones hands and not speaking out is cowardice. Marching against apartheid in the US in the sixties was in a way supporting the downtrodden minority which hastened the end to this evil. Not much has changed and there is more to be done.

Last edited by anarchist23 on 13 Aug 2017 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
One Degree wrote:@Pants-of-dog
Why did you bother to post? You offered absolutely nothing except emotional rubbish and emotionally laden words that are suppose to be the Liberals arguments. Just call them Nazis. No need to think.

This whole post is just your emotional reaction to me. How humorous.

But yes, they are Nazis. Their ideology is one where they go and kill and oppress people like me and my wife and our kids. It is an ideology that is in complete contradiction to the ideals of the US, where the rally took place.

Apparently I should be quiet and let these people plan on how they are going to kill minorities so I do not hurt their feelings or yours.

-------------

Buzz62 wrote:Oh for gawd's sake POD. Do you never tire of twisting reality to suit your narrow point of view?

If my own son goes out with a stick and whacks away at a hornet's nest, then get stung and attacked by the hornets, I would tell my son that he's stupid and got what he asked for.

It's as simple and obvious as that. Quit trying to "bleed" all over this thread.

So you are blaming the people who got hit by the car for being hit by the car and excusing the guy who actually tried to hit them with a car.

And you are also apparently arguing that we should sit quietly by while racist bullies threaten us.
One Degree wrote:Why did you bother to post? You offered absolutely nothing except emotional rubbish and emotionally laden words that are suppose to be the Liberals arguments. Just call them Nazis. No need to think.

Just what standard of evidence would satisfy you that these people are neo-Nazis? They turned up to a rally carrying Nazi flags and wearing t-shirts with Hitler quotes on them. They marched through the streets Sieg Heiling, for fuck's sake. This is all on camera. None of them is ashamed of it, or claiming that their views are being distorted. They are quite open about being neo-Nazis.

I like you, One Degree, but you've lost the fucking plot here. Bending over backwards to defend a guy who drove a car into a crowd of people (it was quite plainly intentional), and now saying we need to be a bit more nuanced about how we describe people who openly venerate the Confederacy and the Third Reich. Get a grip, seriously.
One Degree wrote:Really sad. :*( When did reading comprehension and critical thinking become unnecessary? I attempt to post a neutral view of the facts and am met with emotional condemnation. Apparently neutrality is even Evil now? :lol:

Edit: maz You are a courageous, thoughtful person and I salute you.

We can understand your posts; it's just that you're make bullshit up. You've claimed witnesses saw him swerving. You've not attempted to show any evidence for this. When faced with a video of him driving straight down the street through a crowd for over a hundred yards, towards when he hit the other car, you lie and claim it show the 'final 5 seconds'.

Yeah, he hit people:

There's video of people being thrown over the top of the other cars here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/13/us/ch ... index.html

You're not being 'neutral'; you're denying reality and making up excuses for a murderer. And, yes, they're Nazis; you can tell from the swastika flags they carry, and the approving quotes from Adolf Hitler they wear.

Buzz62 wrote:If my own son goes out with a stick and whacks away at a hornet's nest, then get stung and attacked by the hornets, I would tell my son that he's stupid and got what he asked for.

It's as simple and obvious as that.

Are you saying the Nazis are so sub-human that their intelligence and ability to reason can be compared to insects? That they are so unable to think, that shouting slogans back at them will inevitably drive them to murder? Even then, whacking a hornet's nest puts the hornets in danger of death, and the hornets do not put your son at risk of death; while a counter-protest against the Nazis did not put them at risk, but driving a car through the crowd did kill, and has put several more lives at risk. In short, your "simple and obvious" analogy is a pile of crap that doesn't stand up to a moment's thought.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]