State of emergency is declared in Charlottesville, USA. Why? - Page 118 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I had heard that North Carolina was an open carry state in regards to firearms, but apparently that is not true. So it appears that there was a fix in by the mayor and the governor, for if they had enforced this law against the protesters, then they would also have to enforce it against the anti-protesters, who also brought weapons covered under this law.

NORTH CAROLINA FIREARMS LAWS

III. POSSESSING AND CARRYING FIREARMS

A. Carrying Concealed Weapons

North Carolina law strictly controls the ability of individuals to carry weapons concealed. Except under the limited concealed handgun permit provisions of State law, described in Sections III. B. and III. C. of this publication, and the exemptions set out below, it is unlawful for any person in North Carolina, except when on his/her own premises, to willfully and intentionally carry concealed, either on or about his/her person, any

"Bowie Knife, dirk, dagger, slungshot, loaded cane, metallic knuckles, razor, shurikin, stungun, or other deadly weapon of like kind."

Specifically exempted from the requirements of this law are ordinary pocket knives carried in a closed position. An ordinary pocket knife is defined as being "a small knife, that is designed to be carried in a pocket or purse, which has its cutting edge and point entirely enclosed by its handle. The knife must not be capable of being opened by a throwing, explosive, or spring
action." N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-269.

Whether, in a given case, a weapon is concealed from the public is a question of fact. By using the phrase "concealed about his or her person," this law makes it illegal to have a weapon concealed not only on a person, but also within a person's convenient control and easy reach.

Only certain categories of persons in North Carolina are allowed, in particular circumstances, to carry concealed weapons. Concealed handgun permits will be discussed in detail later in the publication. The following categories of persons are generally exempt from the restriction of North Carolina's concealed weapons laws:

1. Officers and enlisted personnel of the armed forces of the United States when in the discharge of their official duties as such and when acting under orders requiring them to carry arms and weapons;

2. Civil and law enforcement officers of the United States;

3. Officers and soldiers of the Militia and the National Guard when called to actual service and any member of the N.C. National Guard who has a valid concealed handgun permit, has been designated by the N.0 Adjutant General, and is acting in the discharge of his/her duties, so long as the member is not consuming alcohol or unlawful controlled substances;

4. Officers of the State, or of any county, city, or town, charged with the execution of the laws of the State, when acting in the discharge of their official duties;

5. Any person who is a district attorney, an assistant district attorney, or an investigator employed by the office of a district attorney and who has a concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter or considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24.

Except for district attorneys, the person shall not carry a concealed weapon at any time while in a courtroom. None of these people can carry a concealed weapon while consuming alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance or while alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance remains in the person's body. The
district attorney, assistant district attorney, or investigator must secure the weapon in a locked compartment when it is not carried on his/her person;

6. Any person who is a qualified retired law enforcement officer as defined in G.S. § 14-415.10 and meets any one (1) of the following conditions:

a. Is the holder of a concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with
Article 54B of Chapter 14.

b. Is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. § 14-415.25.

c. Is certified by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training
Standards Commission pursuant to G.S. § 14-415.26;

7. Detention personnel or correctional officers employed by the State or a unit of local government who park a vehicle in a space that is authorized for their use in the course of their duties may transport a firearm to the parking space and store that firearm in the vehicle parked in the parking space, provided that: (i) the firearm is in a closed compartment or container within the locked vehicle; or (ii) the firearm is in a locked container securely affixed to the vehicle;

8. State probation or parole certified officers, State corrections officers, when off-duty, provided that an officer does not carry a concealed weapon while consuming alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance or while alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance remains in the officer's body;
9. Sworn law enforcement officers, when off duty, provided that an officer does not carry a concealed weapon while consuming alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance or while alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance remains in the officer's body;

10. Any person who is a North Carolina district court judge, North Carolina superior court judge, North Carolina magistrate, or a N. C. administrative law judge who has a concealed handgun permit, provided that the person cannot carry a concealed weapon at any time while consuming alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance or while alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance remains in the person's body. A district or superior court judge or magistrate shall secure the weapon in a locked compartment when the weapon is not on his/her person;

11. Any person who is serving as a clerk of court or register of deeds and has a valid concealed handgun permit, provided that the person cannot carry a concealed weapon at any time while consuming alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance or while alcohol or an unlawful controlled substance remains in his/her body. The clerk of court or register of deeds must secure the weapon in a locked compartment when the weapon is not on his/her person. This allowance does not apply to assistants, deputies or other employees of the clerk or register of deeds;

12. Any individual with a valid concealed handgun permit (under either North Carolina law or the law of issuance) provided the weapon is a handgun, is in a closed compartment or container within the person's locked vehicle, and the vehicle is in a parking area that is owned or leased by State government.

13. Any person employed by the Department of Public Safety who has a valid concealed handgun permit and has been designated in writing by the Secretary of the Department to carry a firearm.

E. Areas Where Weapons Are Prohibited

1. Schools
2. Assemblies and Establishments
3. State Buildings
4. Events Occurring In Public Places

North Carolina law further makes it unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place, owned or under the control of the State of North Carolina, or any of its political subdivisions, to willfully or intentionally possess, or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-277.2.

Persons exempted from the provisions of N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-269(b) are not bound by this prohibition. These persons are set forth in Paragraph III. A. of this publication.

This prohibition also does not apply to the concealed carry of a handgun at a parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun, or by someone who is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-415.25.

However, no person, irrespective of a permit or ability to carry without a permit, may carry a concealed handgun on any premises where the person in legal possession or control has posted a conspicuous notice prohibiting the carrying of a concealed handgun.

5. Areas of Emergency and Riots

Pursuant to North Carolina's Emergency Management Act (Chapter 166A of the General Statutes) local governments may impose restrictions on dangerous weapons such as explosives, incendiary devices, and radioactive materials and devices when a state of emergency is declared, but may not impose restrictions on lawfully possessed firearms.

6. Going Armed To The Terror Of The People

By common law in North Carolina, it is unlawful for a person to arm him/herself with any unusual and dangerous weapon, for the purpose of terrifying others, and go about on public highways in a manner to cause terror to others. The North Carolina Supreme Court states that any gun is an unusual and dangerous weapon for purposes of this offense. Therefore, persons are cautioned as to the areas they frequent with firearms.
http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2 ... -Laws.aspx
@blackjack21
On Hillary/Sonos- proof plse
Well Hitler was charismatic but an utter bastard.
On cops etc Proof plse
On communists: the vast majority of counter protesters were Democrats and Republicans.
Blackjack21 wrote:See? Here's a picture of Hitler with Jesse Owens. Do you know what Jesse Owens later said?

This isn't a real picture.

And it's obviously not real, unless the Olympic team was comprised only of people from Ohio.

[url=http://www.snopes.com/jesse-owens-and-hitler-handshake/]And the "snub" is considerably more nuanced than that.

Blackjack21 wrote:We're hip to the Democratic party's drill. So nobody believes this crap anymore. Whine all you want about the Nazis. It's just the natural byproduct of poisonous political correctness gone unchecked.

It is worth noting that I am not a Democrat. But I am a historian before I go on.

1. The Democrats weren't "hip" to the "Democratic party's drill" by that point. Roosevelt had firmly been on the side attempting to kick out the Klan and related elements from the party. That was how he climbed the ladder.

2. Owens was correct to feel feel that the Democrats were racist and had institutionally racist problems.

3. The Democrats finally succeeded in finally kicking the institutionally racist elements out of the Party via the Kennedys and Johnson and have been working to perfect the purge ever since.

4.The Republicans immediately took in all of these institutionally racist elements as cynically as possible.

5. In the last few decades the Republicans, since Nixon, have been getting worse about their cynical inclusion of racism. This is in accordance with Atwater's strategy to encourage racism as "totally economic things" that become abstracted:

Hindsite of all people, wrote:Your information source sucks on this topic.

:lol:
Hindsite wrote:Your information source sucks on this topic.

You know, it took restraint to not write fake news after that post, which, ironically it was shown to be. Now this charge. Proof plse.

TIG

Thank you for amusing me no end
Stormsmith wrote:Antifa came in to the defence of the counterprotesters who were being mauled by the Nazis.

CORRECTION: Counter protestors who were forcefully blocking the UTR people from their approved space of protest. Oh and some of the UTR people were "wannabe" nazis...

Stormsmith wrote:Apparently, the cops weren't thinking the Antifa were the real villains.

CORRECTION AGAIN:
ThinkProgress requested booking information for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, which serves the city of Charlottesville, and the nearby counties of Albemarle and Nelson. The listing, provided by the jail’s records supervisor, contained 34 names, including Fields’. It also included Jacob Leigh Smith, a counter-protester who allegedly punched a reporter, and Ian M. Hoffmann, who was accused of assault and battery during a Friday night clash on the University of Virginia campus, alongside numerous unrelated crimes. Six individuals are listed as having been arrested for “public swearing or intoxication.” (Given that the public swearing provisions are largely unenforceable for constitutional reasons, that most likely means public drunkenness).

The Charlottesville Police Department referred questions to the city’s communications director, Miriam Dickler. On Wednesday, she told ThinkProgress there were just “four arrests on Saturday and one on Sunday” but that the department was still involved in some active investigations. Asked to clarify, she confirmed that these totals included both local and state police arrests.

Following news reports of a few additional arrests, Dickler told ThinkProgress on Wednesday that she could now confirm eight total arrests related to the rally. The initial number, she explained, was not comprehensive because Charlottesville and the surrounding county has city, county, university, and state police all patrolling a relatively small area. She did not know when a final number would be available.

https://thinkprogress.org/charlottesvil ... 4856f4489/

Stormsmith wrote:Youre supporting Nazis. Honestly, don't you understand how much Nazi supporters are despised?

No, he's supporting common sense and the constitution...I think...
But don't let facts get in the way of your "group-think".
After all...it is paramount that you are part of the group...even if the group is wrong...isn't it... :knife:
Not much, I'd say.

And of course it's already been explained and proven to the nazi-cheerleader ITT that the counter-protesters had as much a right to be there as the white supremacists. But he ignores that and all the other realities that put forth in front of him, in favour of acting like he knows what the hell he's talking about, despite being told over and over again by various people about how he's wrong.
skinster wrote:Not much, I'd say.

And of course it's already been explained and proven to the nazi-cheerleader ITT that the counter-protesters had as much a right to be there as the white supremacists. But he ignores that and all the other realities that put forth in front of him, in favour of acting like he knows what the hell he's talking about, despite being told over and over again by various people about how he's wrong.

Told? By who?
You, POD and this special criminal here?
Ya know what...I'm not interested in being in your dictatorial little group skinster.
I have more ethics that that.

Thought a visual might be in order.
Enjoy the parody...
Last edited by Buzz62 on 19 Sep 2017 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Albert wrote:Why you people not like Nazis? :?:

Starting world wars is sort of frowned on here on Earth today.

Albert wrote:Are you not white SO, you should be at least a little sympathetic to them as every white person secretly is.

Albert, you could write a book on the subject. And people have.
White people made Europe and North America. It stands to reason, that they'd make the laws and establishment theirs. However, this has caused the laws and establishment to act against other people, like black people, brown people, and any other visible minority. What you might find confusing, is that many of these white people can't simply acknowledge the fact. They have to feel an overwhelming sense of guilt about something that, in reality, was created quite naturally.
Hope that makes sense to you...
Buzz62 wrote:CORRECTION: Counter protestors who were forcefully blocking the UTR people from their approved space of protest. Oh and some of the UTR people were "wannabe" nazis...

https://thinkprogress.org/charlottesvil ... 4856f4489/

“ThinkProgress requested booking information for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, which serves the city of Charlottesville, and the nearby counties of Albemarle and Nelson. The listing, provided by the jail’s records supervisor, contained 34 names, including Fields’. It also included Jacob Leigh Smith, a counter-protester who allegedly punched a reporter, and Ian M. Hoffmann, who was accused of assault and battery during a Friday night clash on the University of Virginia campus, alongside numerous unrelated crimes.

My guess is that they will say that punching reporters and other assault and battery in the name of peace isn't the same thing as regular assault and battery.
Last edited by maz on 19 Sep 2017 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
@Buzz62

I personally look at it from a spiritual sense. Europe (and Europeans, that included their colonial offsprings like USA etcetera) have abandoned god, thus god has abandoned them. This "guilt" is manifestation of the evil force that seeks to destroy. It is not guilt before the coloured man that 'bleeding hearts' feel, but before god.

Jesus, just reading myself right now, wow I have become really spiritual. I might as well go into priesthood soon.
Albert wrote:@Buzz62

I personally look at it from a spiritual sense. Europe (and Europeans, that included their colonial offsprings like USA etcetera) have abandoned god, thus god has abandoned them. This "guilt" is manifestation of the evil force that seeks to destroy. It is not guilt before the coloured man that 'bleeding hearts' feel, but before god.

Jesus, just reading myself right now, wow I have become really spiritual. I might as well go into priesthood soon.

@maz Agreed. wait for it...

@Albert I have problems believing in gawds. Any of them. Bad or good. And I'm not condemning the guilt, exactly. I'm condemning the reaction to it. Its "over the top". Extreme. It took thousands of years to "make" the white world. Some think they should change it over night, and get really mad when they realize that simply ain'-a-gonna happen so fast.

Save yourself allot of confusion and frustration...don't join the priesthood just yet.
maz wrote:My guess is that they will say that punching reporters and other assault and battery in the name of peace isn't the same thing as regular assault and battery.

Nowhere in the police report does it state the guy who punched the reporter is a member of antifa or a counter demonstrator.

Try again.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]