Barcelona attack – ’13 dead’ and 20 injured - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beren wrote:The Nobel Prize wasn't established by your kind and it doesn't honour people like you. How about Obama's Nobel Prize? Or Arafat's and Rabin's? Especially Rabin's, who was killed by one of the great fanatics.

Rabin was traitor, and the Peace prize is a hollow trophy. I was talking about the Science, and literature, and maths, our contribution dwarfs all others... especially the Huns.
Oxymoron wrote:Rabin was traitor, and the Peace prize is a hollow trophy. I was talking about the Science, and literature, and maths, our contribution dwarfs all others... especially the Huns.

It's the same thing, the same Nobel Prize. And I don't mean the Jews when I mention your kind.
It's hard to argue that this refugee thing is anything but bad for Europe.
And I salute the Americans for having the balls to close their boarders, somewhat.

Q: Does this situation have any equivalence with the Charlottesville nightmare?
Because personally...I'd approve if NATO decided to sort o' sweep the continent of refugees, and blockade the Med.
Buzz62 wrote:It's hard to argue that this refugee thing is anything but bad for Europe.
And I salute the Americans for having the balls to close their boarders, somewhat.

Q: Does this situation have any equivalence with the Charlottesville nightmare?
Because personally...I'd approve if NATO decided to sort o' sweep the continent of refugees, and blockade the Med.

Not long ago, many Europeans (mainly in Germany and France) had a sense of superiority over the Americans

Decky wrote:More than likely a Mossad operation, have Spain even got troops in the middle east? I would start the search for evidence in the Israeli embassy.

Spain, along with the UK and Australia went into Iraq, but left after 10 or 11 years, IIRC
Stormsmith wrote:Spain, along with the UK and Australia went into Iraq, but left after 10 or 11 years, IIRC

Australian troops are still active in the region. Some units were withdrawn from Iraq but that is just regular rotation of units. They get deployed, operate for a period of time, then the unit is withdrawn. We don't often replace like with like so I can see how a withdraw of an armoured cavalry unit followed by the deployment of a drone unit or a flight of combat jets in another area rather than more armoured cavalry in the same location might appear to be 'leaving'. But we haven't left.

There are frequent attempts at terror attacks within Australia. Most get foiled before they can launch their attack. The authorities foiled two attack attempts just a week or two ago. It takes constant vigilance. Threats and terror attacks won't convince us to leave the ME and other places that they might operate. In fact it has the opposite effect. Defeating ISIS and similar groups becomes more important.

The European response seems quite muddled. They participate in military adventures in the ME, withdraw when someone gets hurt, expect the Islamic radicals to go away and leave them alone, let in far more refugees than the security institutions could possibly cope with, and when the radicals attack, the Europeans then go all Islamophobic.

So what can the Europeans do about it?

1: continent wide security organisation.
2: stop unauthorised immigration such that security institutions can have a change of vetting immigrants and weeding out the insurgents.
3: accept that they will have to send forces to the ME, Africa etc, to fight Islamic radicals. The Islamic radicals will attack regardless of sending military forces to the ME or not doing so. They are expansionist. So may as well go there and prevent them from dominating all the other Muslims in the area. That stops groups like ISIS from establishing a secure power base.
4: recognise that there are people all around the world who also are fighting off the wave of radicalism. EG: India, Thailand, Philippines, China., etc. Instead of being xenophobic, Europeans could try talking with these people and building copration.
After Charlie Hebdo massacre, the French editor declared they will not draw Mohammad cartoons any more, after Madrid bombing, Spain immediately withdrew its forces from Iraq. What is the message to the Muslim new comers? More force and they will fix the place to their like. Clamping down on Islamic sacrificial ceremony (halal) and boy circumcision, Europe is looking for troubles.
Ned Lud wrote:The real question is what is actually to be done about such things, other than getting out of the Middle East, gritting our teeth and living morosely with the hangover of imperialism, as we did here the hangover of English strutting in Ireland. Working up silly right-wing hatreds doesn't meet the need: .Hitler's murder-gangs didn't wipe out the Jews, and there are far, far more Muslims.

The problem of the West, it doesn't want to understand how Muslim faith works. Maybe there is a solution but it's too embarrassing to try it

Yesterday

During the campaign

Last edited by noir on 19 Aug 2017 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]