North Korea sends another missile flying over Japan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:My guess is the first one probably failed to hit it's original test target given this one travelled further on a similar flight path... And/or this is a response to the sanctions.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/14 ... ports.html

Deja vu anyone?

Probably more a reaction to the sanctions.

With all of this, I still do not believe any sort of war would break out. I mean again, NK fucking shelled and killed South Koreans like 10 years ago. NO one did shit.
Rancid is probably talking about Bombardment of Yeonpyeong but as west does does either knowingly or unknowingly omitted some facts like many North Koreans died too, this was in retaliation of South Provocation when during a military exercise they fired shells in international waters and North Korean waters after repeated pleas by North Korea to stop, they didn't claiming they are firing in "right" waters....

So it wasn't as if North Korea just in another fit of madness shelled and killed South Koreans.
skinster wrote:

What fuser posted.

fuser wrote:Rancid is probably talking about Bombardment of Yeonpyeong but as west does does either knowingly or unknowingly omitted some facts like many North Koreans died too, this was in retaliation of South Provocation when during a military exercise they fired shells in international waters and North Korean waters after repeated pleas by North Korea to stop, they didn't claiming they are firing in "right" waters....

So it wasn't as if North Korea just in another fit of madness shelled and killed South Koreans.

What NK does is never madness. They aren't crazy, as much as people like to say that.

Anyway, that's my point, nothing escalated after the Yeonpyeong shelling.
North Korea's strategy appears to be one in which it tries to force the US to regard it seriously, and returns to the negotiating table, so to speak (although apparently there are already "secret" talks underway with North Korea, and have been for some time). However, I don't see things turning out too well for them. Their unusually aggressive behavior is unlikely to win them any concessions this time around, and some regional powers, like Japan, are questioning the wisdom of holding back on their military funding and development by largely relying on the US.

While I don't see war happening, they're going too far and whatever it is they want from the West/its allies in Asia is probably not going to happen.

El Rancido wrote:What NK does is never madness. They aren't crazy, as much as people like to say that.

Exactly.
It took the exact same course as the previous test but the missile travelled a longer distance, 3,700km, which is long enough to reach Guam. Probably North Korea is preparing for the planned attack on Guam by launching missiles toward the sea off Hokkaido. What's impressive is that North Korea is making progress in such a short period of time and it won't take long before the Hwasong-14 ICBM reaches the sea off Los Angeles.

North Korea is steadily proceeding down the path to full ICBM capability. To do that, it needs to test-fire its projectiles - every other missile-armed nation has done the same.
The next step will almost certainly be a test of the Hwasong-14 ICBM over Japan and far out into the Pacific.
The aim of all this is to develop and deploy a reliable missile that can hit the mainland US.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41275614
I would ignore them.

North Korea is just a tiny country at the end of the world, without resources. If they ever actually attack anyone there obviously will be a corresponding military response. Most likely not even China would object in that case. But I dont see any possible reason for them to attack anyone, except a serious case of madness.

And about sanctions: what sanctions exactly ? Are there even any options left ? As far as I understand it, North Korea is pretty much blocked from everything important anyway.
[15 SEPTEMBER 2017] • 10:49AM
Kim Jong-un goads the world with another missile over Japan
Guam in range of North Korea's longest-ever ballistic test flight
South responds with simulated strike on North moments later
US urges China and Russia to 'take direct actions of their own'
China says it "opposes" the test
North Korean official says Pyongyang will defy sanctions for a "thousand years"
Anger and fear in Japan as millions woken by sirens and alerts
Analysis: Missile a message to US - 'we can strike Guam at any time'
How war with North Korea could start and what it would look like

This is a serious development but Trump can do very little.
Hopefully all this brinkmanship will force the leaders of South Korea and North Korea to start to discuss a lasting peace.
anarchist23 wrote:
This is a serious development but Trump can do very little.
Hopefully all this brinkmanship will force the leaders of South Korea and North Korea to start to discuss a lasting peace.

There already is a lasting peace. Separate, but equal.

DONE!!!
ThirdTerm wrote:It took the exact same course as the previous test but the missile travelled a longer distance, 3,700km, which is long enough to reach Guam. Probably North Korea is preparing for the planned attack on Guam by launching missiles toward the sea off Hokkaido. What's impressive is that North Korea is making progress in such a short period of time and it won't take long before the Hwasong-14 ICBM reaches the sea off Los Angeles.

Not Guam. Hawaii is the target on that trajectory.

http://allthingsnuclear.org/dwright/north-korea-is-launching-a-rocket-soon-what-do-we-know-about-it
Buzz62 wrote:One has to wonder.
Europe is in the middle of a Muslim Refugee crisis in the west.
North Korea is creating another "crisis" of sorts in the east.
What might happen if US forces committed to either of them?

Lots of people will get rich.
Negotiator wrote:I would ignore them.

North Korea is just a tiny country at the end of the world, without resources. If they ever actually attack anyone there obviously will be a corresponding military response. Most likely not even China would object in that case. But I dont see any possible reason for them to attack anyone, except a serious case of madness.

And about sanctions: what sanctions exactly ? Are there even any options left ? As far as I understand it, North Korea is pretty much blocked from everything important anyway.

I couldn’t agree more.

Trump has done nothing except crow since he’s been in office and nothing has happened yet. With anyone else you’d logically think… “Well, they fired a missile in June that did nothing and nothing happened except talk of fire and fury and whatever; why would firing a missile in October the does nothing draw an actual response? With Trump who clearly has zero idea of what he is doing? Who knows but even the idiot in the Oval office surely must understand that any hit by a nuke on America’s territory is a loss.
I do wonder if NK would ever seriously launch something that gets close to Alaska, or the lower 48. I think if it did come to that, the US would immediately respond with an all out war. The general populace would likely demand it, so the senate would be on board to fund such a war. As I said, a lot of people would get rich in the process too.

I seriously doubt NK is dumb enough to do that.
Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]

...Which Hamas refuses and wasn't ordered by the […]

@skinster so you confess that Hamas committed ma[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]