St Louis riots. National Guard Mobilised. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

maz wrote:I agree that the private prison industry requires inmates to turn a profit, but no one is forcing these people to break the law. Young black man, who commit the majority of violent crime in St. Louis and other urban areas, need positive role models to show them the pitfalls of engaging in criminal activity in exchange for quick money.

I'm not sure it would work. When I lived in a luxury condominium complex in a downtown area, I had black neighbors. The husband and wife were absolutely lovely. He was a retired Air Force special operator, and became a church pastor. He also did a lot of work for disabled veterans, and ran a charity to that end. I donated to it a few times. He was a great role model. Yet, his son was involved with gangs. He and his wife were very well spoken. Their son spoke like a common street thug. All in all, he was a nice guy, but you'd never hire him as a salesman even on straight commission, because you'd have to ask three or four times what he had said. He also had gotten involved in a gang fight years earlier and was shot in the head three or four times--obviously not fatally, but he certainly sustained brain trauma. He was very knowledgeable about sports, but not much else. Since I'm really only a football fan, I couldn't speak much to baseball or basketball, except for some of the people I had gone to school with that became professional players or were the offspring of pro players.

You could understand the husband and wife perfectly. I used to drink beer at the time. One Friday after work, I had bought a pizza and a twelve pack of a microbrew. As I was going into the building, he said, "Where my beeat?" Naturally, I had to ask him again. After about the third time, it was clear to me he wanted a beer, so I opened up the pack and gave him a beer. We got along fine. However, if a guy like that has an intact family with solid careers and a good moral background, and that's how he ends up, there is something wrong with the culture.

I'm very critical of the welfare state's expirimentation with promoting broken homes and welfare dependency. In my view, it is far worse than the Tuskeegee experiment. Yet, the gangsta culture draws a lot of black youth in and they end up intentionally learning how to talk in a manner that is utterly incomprehensible to the larger society.

In the 1980s, a lot was made of the violent nature of rap and heavy metal, and the gang culture around it. Oddly, it was Al Gore and his wife Tipper that lead the charge before they got involved in the global warming scams. It generally didn't go anywhere. There were some movies made of that phenomena, like Colors starring Robert Duval and Sean Penn. Yet, it's sort of ignored.

So if you have people who grow up in single parent families with little supervision, it's not surprising that these results transpire. I heard a rap song where the refrain's lyrics were more or less "Fuck what you say," which is more or less what Michael Brown said to a police officer after committing a felony.

Maybe Trump will start taking some of that on. That would be truly awesome. The Republicans would be apoplectic. The Democrats would be screaming racism, but Trump would be absolutely right.

Oxymoron wrote:It is Black culture and liberal racism that is ruining black children.

I think that's more or less the main problem. The broken home is a big part of it, but tolerance of criminal role models and so forth should be challenged, and it isn't.

Godstud wrote:Society has a huge impact on how people raise their child, from the education available to them(a big part), to how that education is transferred(teacher quality and good curriculum).

And in urban environments, where many blacks live, they are controlled by the Democratic party and its labor unions.

Godstud wrote:Suntzu's suggestion that the Asian people go to the same schools, is simply not true. Laughably racist, as well. :lol:

Chinatown in San Francisco, Chinatown in Los Angeles, Koreatown that is near South Central. East LA. You are kidding yourself if you think the schools are segregated.

Godstud wrote:If you want to reduce crime, then increase education. Every country in the world recognizes that a good education for the population is more important that the best military, except the USA.

The US spends more on education than most places. It's just that the Democrats and the labor unions prevent merit-based teacher pay, charter schools, vouchers, etc. They don't want blacks getting a good education.

Godstud wrote:Shitty education means shitty outlook on jobs after you are done with your education. No job = turn to crime. That's simple common sense.

Most illegal aliens have a shitty education in Spanish. They are functionally illiterate in Spanish and completely illiterate in English. Yet, they mow lawns and clean houses. Some people refuse to do menial labor, because the welfare system pays them not to work. Idle time is the Devil's workshop.

Godstud wrote:Why does public education work well in Canada, then? Your "emotional" argument is steeped in racist undertones.

Canada has a much smaller black population.
blackjack21 wrote:

I think that's more or less the main problem. The broken home is a big part of it, but tolerance of criminal role models and so forth should be challenged, and it isn't.

Also single mother adoration must end, these are not hero's these are bad decision makers at the least.
Oxymoron wrote:...what makes you think the state would do a better job? Its not like we live in small 100 individual clans which are closest to your early human ideal. Public schools are run by a tiny oligarchy of bureaucrats, what makes them better parents then the child's parents?

When I mentionned the First Nations as an example, it was partially because they didn't have modern nation states. I never suggested that State Schools were my objective. I only mentionned the USA's shitty schools earlier to demonstrate the lack of commitment to kids. But my proposal goes way beyond school funding.

I was talking about raising kids from day one. In First Nations culture, this primary role is done by the community, not some distant bureaucracy. The adults involved in this kind of "by the village" education all know one another and work together and share many other responsibilities.

It goes beyond fixing the school systems. Kids need the highest quality education right out of the womb.

It is worth noting that your definition excludes […]

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]