Edmonton ISIS Attack and Protecting Canadians - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Islamic terror

According to Canada's 2011 National Household Survey, there were 1,053,945 Muslims in Canada, or about 3.2% of the population.

In 2015, there were 604 murders, 774 attempted murders and 219,000 assaults, 159 anti-Muslim incidents reported to police, and five individual acts of terrorism in Canada (none Islamist) that resulted in two injuries and no deaths.

The Globe and Mail, August 12, 2016 wrote:In 2015, the database recorded five individual acts of terrorism in Canada. They resulted in two injuries and no deaths.

In May, a juice bar in Montreal's St-Henri neighbourhood was attacked by a group of people armed with pepper spray and smoke bombs. The assailants were wearing black clothing and masks and appeared to be connected to protests against gentrification. One person was injured.

In June, incendiary devices damaged two trucks belong to Harland Laboratories in Mississauga, Ont. The company supplies animals for laboratory research. The Animal Liberation Front claimed responsibility for the incident. No one was injured.

In August, an explosive device set off a small fire at a water treatment plant in Barrie, Ont. A second unexploded device was also found. No group claimed responsibility. There were no injuries.

In November, somebody set a fire at the Al-Salaam mosque in Peterborough, Ont., causing $80,000 in damage. Nobody claimed responsibility and there were no injuries.

Also in November, a woman wearing a hijab was assaulted by two men in Toronto, as she walked to pick up her child from school. She appeared to have been targeted because she is Muslim.

It seems to me that Canadians have more to fear from Canadians than Islamic terrorists.

:)
ISIS is the current major actor for a well organised and resourced global insurrection. Furthermore that organisation is out to attack where it can get away with it. To dismiss ISIS is too make it easy for them to conduct further attacks. This is about a global struggle, not criminal behaviour. The background crime level in Canada is irrelevant.
The background crime level in Canada is irrelevant.

The Islamist terror level in Canada appears to be irrelevant, too.

:lol:
foxdemon wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-02/canada-police-charge-somali-refugee-in-edmonton-attacks/9007156

Looks like the guy was just your basic Somali refugee ISIS extremist. And he had been investigated previously for preaching extremism but the authorities didn’t think he was a threat.

So I guess it is just a case of Canadian law enforcement being complacent. Perhaps if Junior took things like Islamic terror a bit more seriously, this could have been prevented.

A FUCKIN' REFUGEE!
This ends NOW! Pixey-Dust is fucked. His approval rating is now plummeting as people realize what an irresponsible twit he really is.
It seems you are in support of this ISIS attack.

From your posts, it seems you are one of the low-intelligence adults, those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp the complexities of our world, that gravitate to a simplistic right wing ideology.

Last edited by ingliz on 02 Oct 2017 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
Stormsmith wrote:Same with the US, and this why we haven't to date had a ME Islamic terrorist attacker in North America.

Would you like to qualify that statement so as not to sound completely deluded?

Pants-of-dog wrote:Because this is the Canadian midwest and racists have always gone around looking for minorities to beat up. Now they just have matching hoodies.

But wait? They're Canadian. I thought there was no racism in Canada. Didn't single-payer take care of all of that?

foxdemon wrote:Hmm....carries ISIS flag, attacks people.....seems like a terrorist attack.

Well... let's not jump to conclusions like those people who say that people who attend a neo-Nazi rally are necessarily Nazis. We must give everyone the benefit of the doubt, especially Nazis since people openly discriminate against them. :roll:

Pants-of-dog wrote:If the only evidence for terrorism is a flag in a car, then I hope you understand why I am doubtful this is terrorism.

Do you think some dirty Canadian cop planted the flag? Or is it normal for Canadians to have ISIS flags in their cars?

foxdemon wrote:Looks like the guy was just your basic Somali refugee ISIS extremist.

So he was (gulp) black too?
ingliz wrote:It seems from your posts you are one of the low-intelligence adults, those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp the complexities of our world, that gravitate to a simplistic right wing ideology.

Yes..."low-intelligence adults" who think they can pull the wool over everyone's eyes with misdirection and outright lies. NEWS FLASH...you ain't that bright...You're just destructive and seem to support ISIS.
Gee...you're smaaarrrt... :knife:
Buzz62 wrote:Gee...you're smaaarrrt..

Yes, I am.

From your posting history, it seems you are not.

foxdemon wrote:I guess we can take that as a ‘yes’.

No.

foxdemon wrote:I did look at the link in the other thread...

Another post confirming you possess poor abstract-reasoning skills.

Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact wrote:lower general intelligence in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology.

Buzz62 wrote:Why don't you just answer the question?

Another post confirming you, and yours, possess poor abstract-reasoning skills.

Note...

foxdemon wrote:I guess we can take that as a ‘yes’.

My reply, "No."

Buzz62 wrote:So "no", you don't condemn this ISIS attack.
Now we know where you allegiances lie.

More stupid and asinine accusations. Grow up and learn to debate. Saying insulting things about people is not an argument.

You have nothing interesting or intelligent to argue.
Pants-of-dog wrote:More stupid and asinine accusations. Grow up and learn to debate. Saying insulting things about people is not an argument.

You have nothing interesting or intelligent to argue.

Says the faux intellectual and faux patriot who would flat-out deny facts because they don't agree with his destructive and dangerous ideals.
Ya...big fuckin' deal... :roll:
World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]