Edmonton ISIS Attack and Protecting Canadians - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14851519
Godstud wrote:If you are going to use them, then I am, as well. It's simply unreasonable fear. The amount of people getting killed is insignificant. That's FACT.


Bad luck if you happen to be one of them.

USA suffers more deaths from criminals than any "terrorists" and this is the same in pretty much every country in the world. it's fear blown out of all proportion to the actual threat.


Criminals aren’t trying to take over nation states and then impose a theocratic regime. How many deaths do you think will happen under such a regime? Could the Islamic State in Iraq/Syria give an idea about that?


Godstud wrote:Yes, Pants-of-dog. It took a while but I came to realize that Islam wasn't the big bogey-man that everyone makes it out to be. I also pissed off my brother in a huge way, as my thinking was counter, to his.

I came to realize that the reasons behind terrorism have nothing to do with Islam, but it is a convenient thing to blame, when things happen, as people in these regions generally have little besides religion, once the 'Superpowers' have fleeced their countries of the resources, and fucked their governments up.

So yes, I went from Islamaphobe(Rei Murasame's camp), to enlightened realist.

Please, call me SJW if it makes you feel better, since I'd rather be fighting for someone's rights, than against them(Nazi/racist). SJW is a compliment, compared to being called a Nazi(the other end of the spectrum).

Incidentally, Canada accepting refugees and immigrants in vast numbers(250,000 per year), started around 1990, so this is nothing new. Hatred, bigotry, racism towards those refugees is new, however(at least in how loud the shits are).

Your comments are entirely unCanadian, Buzz62, and you are peddling unreasoning fear. You want me, and others to buy into that same fear, and it's simply not happening.

A single terrorist attack every year or two, is not a threat to the very fabric of Canadian existence. You're trying to sell it, like it is.

Yes, I am aware of the problems in the south of Thailand, and the bomb that went off in Bangkok 2 years ago. Thais are "aware" of it. It doesn't change how they live their lives. They don't live in the fear that you propose we all should be living in.

By being fearful, you're giving terrorists what they want. Intimidation. That's part of the terrorism package. If you don't let them make you fearful, they fail. You get that, right?

Fear doesn't actually protect you. it does make you aware of something, but most fear tends to be unreasonable, in comparison to the threat.


Please provide evidence that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with religion.


The Thais are concerned about Islamic extremism. And they will become even more concerned if Indonesia and Malaysia fall to ISIS. This is not something you can idly dismiss as fear mongering. I noticed you simply ignored anything I related regarding the threat in SE Asia. Canada should be proactive in checking the advance of ISIS. Your attitude is the response of the proverbial ostrich.
#14851557
foxdemon wrote:Bad luck if you happen to be one of them.
:lol: Yeah, like 1 in a billion chance in Canada, so terribly bad luck, You have a better chance of dying falling out of bed, in Canada.

foxdemon wrote:Criminals aren’t trying to take over nation states and then impose a theocratic regime. How many deaths do you think will happen under such a regime? Could the Islamic State in Iraq/Syria give an idea about that?
Do you mean the criminals in USA that are trying to make it a Christian theocracy? They have a MUCH better chance in the USA, than in Canada where we have a HUGE aversion to religion in our politics.

Also, do you mean the Islamic State that is getting it's ass handed to it in Iraq and Syria right now?

Raqqa: Isis on brink of losing battle for de facto capital 'today or tomorrow'
Extremist militants 'on the verge of being finished', say Kurdish forces
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 00091.html

foxdemon wrote:Please provide evidence that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with religion.
They kill Muslims and followers of Islam, in greater numbers than Christians, and other people.

No One Wants to See ISIS Defeated More Than Muslims
The so-called Islamic State is the enemy of Islam. In fact, ISIS is the enemy of Judaism, Christianity, Yazidism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, atheism and all others who oppose its evil and barbaric agenda. The difference, however, is that Muslims suffer by far the most from ISIS’ horrific attacks.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-obe ... 25028.html

Foxdemon wrote: I noticed you simply ignored anything I related regarding the threat in SE Asia.
Yes, I did, because you see it as a threat, when most of the occupants of Thailand do not. You are fear-mongering.

Foxdemon wrote:Canada should be proactive in checking the advance of ISIS.
They are. Canada's intelligence agency works close with many other countries, to prevent terrorism. That you don't see that only indicates your ignorance on the topic of anti-terrorism. it is not the duty of every Canadian to cower and cringe because of a single terrorist attack, that resulted in 0 fatalities.

Building Resilience Against Terrorism: Canada's Counter-terrorism Strategy
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrc ... ex-en.aspx

Foxdemon wrote:Your attitude is the response of the proverbial ostrich.
Your is that of a coward. Do you want to continue the ad hominems, or do you want to have an adult discussion?
#14851654
Godstud wrote::lol: Yeah, like 1 in a billion chance in Canada, so terribly bad luck, You have a better chance of dying falling out of bed, in Canada.


Yeah, funny. Hahah. Bad luck if everyone in the world took your attitude and Islamic exteremism became a dominate power in the world.


Do you mean the criminals in USA that are trying to make it a Christian theocracy? They have a MUCH better chance in the USA, than in Canada where we have a HUGE aversion to religion in our politics.


Does it make you feel morally superior putting down Americans?


Also, do you mean the Islamic State that is getting it's ass handed to it in Iraq and Syria right now?

Raqqa: Isis on brink of losing battle for de facto capital 'today or tomorrow'
Extremist militants 'on the verge of being finished', say Kurdish forces
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 00091.html

They kill Muslims and followers of Islam, in greater numbers than Christians, and other people.

No One Wants to See ISIS Defeated More Than Muslims
The so-called Islamic State is the enemy of Islam. In fact, ISIS is the enemy of Judaism, Christianity, Yazidism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, atheism and all others who oppose its evil and barbaric agenda. The difference, however, is that Muslims suffer by far the most from ISIS’ horrific attacks.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-obe ... 25028.html

Yes, I did, because you see it as a threat, when most of the occupants of Thailand do not. You are fear-mongering.


You continue to ignore the situation in SE Asia. You are in denial.

https://www.thecipherbrief.com/new-threat-landscape-in-southeast-asia

This is where you live but still you prefer to pretend it is not happening.


They are. Canada's intelligence agency works close with many other countries, to prevent terrorism. That you don't see that only indicates your ignorance on the topic of anti-terrorism. it is not the duty of every Canadian to cower and cringe because of a single terrorist attack, that resulted in 0 fatalities.

Building Resilience Against Terrorism: Canada's Counter-terrorism Strategy
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrc ... ex-en.aspx



So where’s the active involvement! Seems like another statement of policy without substance.

Your is that of a coward. Do you want to continue the ad hominems, or do you want to have an adult discussion?


Coward? Really. Yours is that of a fool.

As long as you are OK, you don’t care. Someone else has to fight and die to preserve your place in the world. A selfish and dishonest position.
#14851665
If you compile the statistics on number of peole,who have died from a specific cause, the number of Canadians who died from Islaimc terrorism is probaly less than the number who die of having furniture fall on them or even falling out of bed. It has nothing to do with attitude or humour.
#14851718
foxdemon wrote:Yeah, funny. Hahah. Bad luck if everyone in the world took your attitude and Islamic exteremism became a dominate power in the world.
So where is all this extremism in Canada that I should be afraid of? Please point it out. I'll wait.

foxdemon wrote:Does it make you feel morally superior putting down Americans?
I was not putting down Americans, but merely pointing out that their recent changes to religious freedom have been towards a theocracy. This is fact.

Trump and the Republicans Are Redefining “Religious Freedom” to Favor Christians
https://newrepublic.com/article/140645/ ... christians

foxdemon wrote:You continue to ignore the situation in SE Asia. You are in denial.
Why would being a coward, fearful of Islam do anything to help the situation? Is cowardice the only course of action? Is fear the only thing to embrace? I'm not in denial. I am in reality.

Yes, it does not affect me, or any other Thais I know, but my wife(Thai) is very much aware of what is going on in the south, and she explained it to me(I just asked). It's about culture and land. The Malaysian people down there want the land and Thailand is not willing to give it up. Thailand doesn't want this, of course and bad people are causing problems. That's the reality.

foxdemon wrote:So where’s the active involvement! Seems like another statement of policy without substance.
Right. I am sure that CSIS posts their operations online. Do you realize how stupid your statement is? The success is the lack of organized terrorism in Canada. Can you deny this?

foxdemon wrote:Coward? Really. Yours is that of a fool.
You started the name-calling so if you can't handle it, STOP. I am better informed than you are.

foxdemon wrote:Someone else has to fight and die to preserve your place in the world. A selfish and dishonest position.
:violin: Nope. No one is fighting and dying for me. Yes, I live about 1800 km from the commotion, as well, so that helps. It's no more selfish, or dishonest than your idea that you running around going , "The sky is falling!", is actually doing something.
#14852012
Ahhhh...the "expert on being an Albertan"...comments from Thailand...

Godstud wrote:So where is all this extremism in Canada that I should be afraid of? Please point it out. I'll wait.

I was not putting down Americans, but merely pointing out that their recent changes to religious freedom have been towards a theocracy. This is fact.

Trump and the Republicans Are Redefining “Religious Freedom” to Favor Christians
https://newrepublic.com/article/140645/ ... christians

Why would being a coward, fearful of Islam do anything to help the situation? Is cowardice the only course of action? Is fear the only thing to embrace? I'm not in denial. I am in reality.

Here...suck on THIS reality for a while.
The city police Zebra Child Protection Section has charged a 39-year-old man after several teenage girls reported they were sexually assaulted at the West Edmonton Mall waterpark.

Officers were called to the waterpark about 10:30 p.m., Saturday, after multiple sexual assault allegations were reported to staff.

Several teenage girls reported that a man inappropriately touched them while they were swimming at the waterpark. Upon arrival, patrol members were led to the accused by mall security staff, at which time he was arrested and taken into custody.

The Zebra section has since taken over the investigation.

Soleiman Hajj Soleiman, 39, is charged with six counts of sexual assault and six counts of sexual interference.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-n ... -waterpark

Godstud wrote:Yes, it does not affect me, or any other Thais I know, but my wife(Thai) is very much aware of what is going on in the south, and she explained it to me(I just asked). It's about culture and land. The Malaysian people down there want the land and Thailand is not willing to give it up. Thailand doesn't want this, of course and bad people are causing problems. That's the reality.

Right. I am sure that CSIS posts their operations online. Do you realize how stupid your statement is? The success is the lack of organized terrorism in Canada. Can you deny this?

You started the name-calling so if you can't handle it, STOP. I am better informed than you are.

Yes...of course you are... :roll:
How about "Martin ‘Ahmad’ Rouleau" ramming 2 Canadian soldiers in Montreal. One of whom died.
Tell us "oh great expert on what it is to be Canadian...from Thailand", should this concern REAL CANADIANS? :knife:
#14852561
Buzz62 wrote:Ahhhh...the "expert on being an Albertan"...comments from Thailand...


I believe Godstud lived in Alberta for quite some time.

Here...suck on THIS reality for a while.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-n ... -waterpark


Are we assuming this guy's disgusting predatory havits are due to "Muslim culture"?

Can I then assume this international pedophile ring that abused Edmonton kids is due to "Anglo culture"?

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/w ... dmail.com&

    The trail that lead police to Mr. Cox began more than two years ago in Canada, when the Internet child exploitation unit of the Edmonton police received a tip from a woman saying she'd overheard two children talking about sexual abuse.

    From that an Edmonton man was arrested and eventually sentenced to 14 years in jail for abusing his stepchildren and distributing pictures of the abuse on the Internet.

    Dubbed Project Wickerman, the investigation continued as the Edmonton man told police he'd been in contact with other pedophiles through the online chat room called Kiddypics & Kiddyvids, where images of child abuse could be shared.

    Edmonton investigators quickly hooked up with Toronto's sex crimes unit, known for its aggressive approach to tracking online child abusers, and undercover officers began frequenting the chat room and nabbed the site's primary host, who used the online alias "G.O.D."

Rather than play the "whose culture is to blame" game, we should instead study what makes these men into predators and address that, instead of using their crimes in some sort of ideological tug if war.

Yes...of course you are... :roll:
How about "Martin ‘Ahmad’ Rouleau" ramming 2 Canadian soldiers in Montreal. One of whom died.
Tell us "oh great expert on what it is to be Canadian...from Thailand", should this concern REAL CANADIANS? :knife:


Was Martin Rouleau a refugee?

If not, are you now arguing that Islam is the problem?
#14852607
Pants-of-dog wrote:I believe Godstud lived in Alberta for quite some time.

UhHuh...

Pants-of-dog wrote:Are we assuming this guy's disgusting predatory havits are due to "Muslim culture"?

Can I then assume this international pedophile ring that abused Edmonton kids is due to "Anglo culture"?

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/w ... dmail.com&

    The trail that lead police to Mr. Cox began more than two years ago in Canada, when the Internet child exploitation unit of the Edmonton police received a tip from a woman saying she'd overheard two children talking about sexual abuse.

    From that an Edmonton man was arrested and eventually sentenced to 14 years in jail for abusing his stepchildren and distributing pictures of the abuse on the Internet.

    Dubbed Project Wickerman, the investigation continued as the Edmonton man told police he'd been in contact with other pedophiles through the online chat room called Kiddypics & Kiddyvids, where images of child abuse could be shared.

    Edmonton investigators quickly hooked up with Toronto's sex crimes unit, known for its aggressive approach to tracking online child abusers, and undercover officers began frequenting the chat room and nabbed the site's primary host, who used the online alias "G.O.D."

Ya it's sick, isn't it...
Maybe we should rule that Mr. Cox can be exiled to...Syria?
Is "Anglo culture" responsible for this ass? To a degree...yes. Every race or culture has...refuse.
Once a person is a citizen, they have certain rights. Refugees are applying for citizenship, or landed immigrant status, or some such thing. Refugees who bring their Sharia Law with them. Whether you wanna admit that or not.
And lets not forget the "motivation" of Cox, Vs. the motivation of Soleiman, or the latest fun-filled terrorist in Edmonton. Cox obviously has a "thing" for sex with little girls. While abhorrent, what can we say about the "motivation" of the Edmonton Somali guy? That he hates...Edmonton? Or does he hate the entire western world?

Pants-of-dog wrote:Rather than play the "whose culture is to blame" game, we should instead study what makes these men into predators and address that, instead of using their crimes in some sort of ideological tug if war.

Men become "predators" for all kinds or reasons POD. Good luck with that.
And while your busy listing all those reasons, don't forget to list Muslim Extremism.
When you have your list, we'll go after all these "predators".
#14852628
You know what?

I am not going to try and decipher an argument or rebuttal out of that poorly written and poorly formatted post.

If you would like me to respond to it, please rewrite in a clear and intelligible fashion. Thnaks.
#14852667
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you compile the statistics on number of peole,who have died from a specific cause, the number of Canadians who died from Islaimc terrorism is probaly less than the number who die of having furniture fall on them or even falling out of bed. It has nothing to do with attitude or humour.

How do you know, with any certainty, just how many Canadians have been harmed by Jihadists? Mass media doesn't (and can't) cover every story.

Example story:

Two years ago, I was doored while biking to work. And while I wasn't seriously injured, I could have been killed.

Likewise, the guy who opened the car door didn't yell Allahu Akhbar, but he could possibly have been Muslim. Or his wife may have been. Or perhaps he was a Shariah sympathiser.


(My dooring story deserves as much ink as this crazy guy with knife and car story, by the way.)
#14852716
Pants-of-Dog wrote:I believe Godstud lived in Alberta for quite some time.
I still technically do live in AB(I've lived in Edmonton about 30 of my 49 years). I pay my taxes there, and my business is based out of Edmonton. I am as qualified to measure Albertans, as some shmuck living in eastern Canada. Moreso, because I keep up with current events in Edmonton, and Alberta, because I care.

Buzz62 wrote:Here...suck on THIS reality for a while.
Wow. A criminal who should be punished. OK. What's your point? Refugees and immigrants commit less crimes than native-born people, but that doesn't mean they never do it. Criminals should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Buzz62 wrote:How about "Martin ‘Ahmad’ Rouleau" ramming 2 Canadian soldiers in Montreal. One of whom died.
Bad people do bad things? Wow. He was not an immigrant, btw. Also, that was 3 years ago... Way to keep up with current events. What about the guy who killed 6 Muslims in a mosque, or does that not count in "your Canada"? That happened a lot more recently, and committed by a native-born Canadian.

Buzz62 wrote:Tell us "oh great expert on what it is to be Canadian...from Thailand", should this concern REAL CANADIANS?
As a Canadian citizen, my opinion is every bit as valid as yours. So what if I happen to live abroad. You're simply jealous. I pay Canadian taxes, have my business in Canada, I vote in Canadian elections, and I am not giving up my Canadian citizenship, regardless of where I live. I am as informed as you are, so maybe you should just stop with the arrogance and sanctimony. Being Canadian is not about your current location, or are you going to tell people who live most of the year abroad that they aren't Canadian? :roll:

I am sad to hear your tragic story, QatzelOK. I hope you have recovered from this traumatizing event.
#14852799
@Godstud Actually...it was you who began by questioning whether or not I am a real Albertan...so ya... :roll:
You live in a country where Islamic Fundamentalism, and a serious clash of cultures is occurring, and you figure its nothing.

you wrote:Criminals should be punished to the full extent of the law.

And I agree. Thus because we have ample proof that Islamic Refugees introduce a new potential for...oh lets say...a Somalian, a car, truck and knife, Canada would be wise to halt this "open gate" policy, and pay friggin' attention to the security of people like the citizens and cops of Edmonton.
Wouldn't you agree?
#14852825
Buzz62 wrote:Thus because we have ample proof that Islamic Refugees introduce a new potential for...oh lets say...a Somalian, a car, truck and knife, Canada would be wise to halt this "open gate" policy, and pay friggin' attention to the security of people like the citizens and cops of Edmonton.
Wouldn't you agree?


No, because we don’t actually have this proof that you mention.
#14852988
Buzz62 wrote:You live in a country where Islamic Fundamentalism, and a serious clash of cultures is occurring, and you figure its nothing.
That's where you are mistaken. They want the land that they once had there, when it was part of Malaysia. Things are often more complex than simply blaming religion for it. It's about an ethnicity and people sort of trapped behind the lines when Thailand /Laos/Cambodia/Malaysia stopped being Siam.

You, with your acute Islamophobia, try to make it all about religion. It's not, but you try to make it so.

Yes, it's a clash of cultures, and that is the only part that you got right.

Buzz62 wrote:And I agree. Thus because we have ample proof that Islamic Refugees introduce a new potential for...oh lets say...a Somalian, a car, truck and knife, Canada would be wise to halt this "open gate" policy, and pay friggin' attention to the security of people like the citizens and cops of Edmonton.
Wouldn't you agree?
There is always a potential from terrorism from anyone, including Canadian born idiots who shoot up mosques, killing 6 Canadian Muslims. This is no "new threat". Canada does not have an open border policy, and vetes all new citizens. Your argument is incredibly weak, as it is based, once again, on fear.

Buzz62 wrote:but at least i'm not trying to rot the society i live in from the inside.
No one else is, either. Not living in fear of terrorism isn't "rotting a society". Fear causes rot within a society. Look to the south (USA)and you see the problems they have there, mostly based on unreasoning fear of immigrants, Muslims, etc.
#14853004
Buzz62 wrote:perhaps.
but at least i'm not trying to rot the society i live in from the inside.


Well, when you argue that we should eject all refugees from western nations at gunpoint, you are ignoring or choosing to reject several basic tenets of western civilisation; specifically, the ideas of religious freedom and equality before the law.

If we were to make these fundamental changes to Canadian society, it would be far more than mere “rot from the inside”. We would no longer be a luberal democracy.

and...i'm not a hypocrite.


Maybe, maybe not. But it is irrelevant. A person can be a hypocrite and that would have no bearing on the strength of their argument.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 13

Potemkin. Um no. NASA has proven there are planet[…]

You won't hear it in MSM https://www.facebook.com[…]

Sexism? You are too kind. A moronic idea that cal[…]

The Deep Thinks of Hong Wu

You left out the part about the laziness to learn[…]