Harvey Weinstein, Hollywood's most famous producer, is totally fucked..... - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

What I find interesting is that people are ignoring Corey Feldman and Terry Crews. Corey Feldman says that pedophilia is the real problem in Hollywood, and Terry Crews says that someone more or less grabbed his crotch. Is the media only picking up on the Weinstein story, because of their failed multi-year effort to propagandize a war on women? Both Feldman and Crews still refuse to name names. Why? Is it because the perpetrators are likely homosexuals? If it's wrong for heterosexuals to do this, why is it still taboo to come out and name the names of homosexuals who do that, or pedophiles for that matter?

Is that about capitalism too?
blackjack21 wrote:What I find interesting is that people are ignoring Corey Feldman and Terry Crews. Corey Feldman says that pedophilia is the real problem in Hollywood, and Terry Crews says that someone more or less grabbed his crotch. Is the media only picking up on the Weinstein story, because of their failed multi-year effort to propagandize a war on women? Both Feldman and Crews still refuse to name names. Why? Is it because the perpetrators are likely homosexuals? If it's wrong for heterosexuals to do this, why is it still taboo to come out and name the names of homosexuals who do that, or pedophiles for that matter?

Is that about capitalism too?

The whole anti-sex moral code of Abrahamic religion is responsible for the 'sex crimes' our masters like to remind us about. Controlling natural functions like sexuality is for breeding purposes (race creation) and is all about money and mafia - capitalism's twin-chambered heart.

The real propaganda function of this media story is to criminalize men who are too natural. All nature is criminalized under capitalism in order to permit (unnatural) exploitation and all the harmful side effects. One of the side effects ot the criminalization of natural male sexuality is... lower self esteem in males. This creates non-confident, a
shame-ridden worker bees for The Man.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I don't get it. Trump is a full on rapist and he's good. So did you make the thread to celebrate Weinstein? Or is Weinstein bad because he's just a rapist and not a rapist and a pedophile like Trump??

Personally I did not vote for Trump because I do not vote for rapists, and I am glad that Weinstein's actions have come to light. Hopefully we can continue to correct power imbalances such as these that allow powerful men to take advantage of women. I can't speak for the fucked up priorities of Trump supporters who only support some rapists but not others.

Did you vote for Bill Clinton? :D
Potemkin wrote:Nonsense I've read your post several times, but I still can't make any sense out of it. This probably means one of two things: either (i) you are a transcendent genius whose thoughts are too exalted for lesser mortals to comprehend, or (ii) you're living up to your name again. I think I'm going to go for (ii). :)

Well, I think the point is, on the one hand, the alleged perpetrator is in denial(they would be wouldn't they), on the other there always seems to be many 'victims' after the initial exposure, whereby the 'group' accusations come, sometimes years or decades after the 'alleged' offence.
There seems to be a 'bandwagon' effect, that IMHO weakens the case against the perpetrator, that's why I think there should be a limitation on investigating 'allegations' of a historical nature.

It's about justice & credibility.

Many genuine 'victims' would be denied justice, if many of the follow-on allegations do not hold up in court.
Suntzu wrote:Fuckin' the boss is an American tradition.

My impression is that it's the boss that's always taking advantage of the employee.
This being the case, one hopes that the employee has a suitable STI to give the boss, that gets passed on to his partner & exposes his transgressions
Rich people acting like scum and abusing their position of authority eh? How shocking. :roll:

For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous indignation of our bourgeois at the community of women which, they pretend, is to be openly and officially established by the Communists. The Communists have no need to introduce community of women; it has existed almost from time immemorial.

Our bourgeois, not content with having wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take the greatest pleasure in seducing each other’s wives.

Bourgeois marriage is, in reality, a system of wives in common and thus, at the most, what the Communists might possibly be reproached with is that they desire to introduce, in substitution for a hypocritically concealed, an openly legalised community of women. For the rest, it is self-evident that the abolition of the present system of production must bring with it the abolition of the community of women springing from that system, i.e., of prostitution both public and private.
This spectacle of trial by twitter or trial by newspaper has now reached Europe.

In the UK, Fallon has just resigned because he once, years ago, put a hand on a woman's knee. There is also apparently a "dirty dossier" about MPs in Britain now where some of them are called "fornicators".

It's almost as if we are back in the Victorian age. Disgraceful.
If you do the crime, you do the time. I have no pity for this person. I do indeed hope they are "fucked" if it's well deserved.

Note: There is no real evidence that Bill Clinton sexually assaulted anyone. If there was, he'd be up on charges. Such is not the case, and rumours, hearsay, or gossip are not facts.
Godstud wrote:If you do the crime, you do the time. I have no pity for this person. I do indeed hope they are "fucked" if it's well deserved.

Absolutely. If there was a crime, then I'd hope the perpetrator will face the consequences. However, for that you need somebody to take him to court and evidence that the crime has happened.

Godstud wrote:Note: There is no real evidence that Bill Clinton sexually assaulted anyone. If there was, he'd be up on charges. Such is not the case, and rumours, hearsay, or gossip are not facts.

Most accusations I've seen in this spectacle that started with Weinstein are based on rumours, hearsay and gossip and involve an ever increasing number of people. If you have some grievance about a high profile person or just want your 5 minutes fame on Twitter, now is the time to accuse somebody of sexual harassment, even if it just involves an inappropriate comment or somebody being touched on the knee once.

Further, if only half of the claims about Weinstein are true, then everybody involved - including the women who stayed quiet for years and decades and the people they told about it - are complicit in this. They knowingly let a sexual predator go free, presumably because they were worried that they would no longer get lucrative contracts. Since we are talking about serious offences here, that excuse is not good enough. So while Weinstein, if the stories are true, may be a despicable human being and a criminal, I'm dismayed that those coming forward now are lauded as heroes.

The main problem here is the reversal of burden of proof, though. See campaigns on Twitter such as #Ibelieveyou. No proof necessary any longer.
It's more complicated than that.
Hollywood starlets can not only have their careers ruined by speaking out, but there's also the element that Weinstein was connected to other powerful individuals including the Clintons and the Obamas.

Most likely, like Jimmy Saville, there is a perception of the element of threat(does he have underworld or police connections too?) and the risk of being gaslighted by your peers.

Just look at what happened in the Roman Polanski situation. Hollywood protected and "celebrated" him. Yet he raped a young girl who had her life scarred by the experience.

It's not just women, Elijah Wood and Corey Feldman both have made several accusations against "perverts in the industry". Both are plainly terrified of revealing the names of the individuals involved. Both are guys.
colliric wrote:It's more complicated than that.
Hollywood starlets can not only have their careers ruined by speaking out, but there's also the element that Weinstein was connected to other powerful individuals including the Clintons and the Obamas.

Most likely, like Jimmy Saville, there is a perception of the element of threat(does he have underworld or police connections too?) and the risk of being gaslighted by your peers.

Just look at what happened in the Roman Polanski situation. Hollywood protected and "celebrated" him. Yet he raped a young girl who had her life scarred by the experience.

It's not just women, Elijah Wood and Corey Feldman both have made several accusations against "perverts in the industry". Both are plainly terrified of revealing the names of the individuals involved. Both are guys.

I hadn't heard about Wood and Feldman before, but reading up on it, it doesn't seem like they are terrified. Feldman has now named one person and said he wants legal representation before he names the rest. Wood said he has no first hand experience with "perverts" but only knows about it from books or rumours. But regardless, I'm not going to blame kids that they don't stand up for themselves. To my mind that's an entirely different situation.

I'm as disgusted as you about the support Polanski had in progressive circles in the US and Europe, but there is no indication that he has abused or sexually harassed anybody since then. Weinstein on the other hand has been a continued threat to women in the industry and his victims were adults. What's more, apparently "everybody knew". In one story I read Brad Pitt confronted Weinstein after an incident with his then girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow which didn't lead to either of the two being harmed by anybody, with both also still having a career afterwards. So I'm not buying the Weinstein was omnipotent narrative either. I don't want to make light of coming forward and making public sexual abuse or harassment. Many people who experience this seem to prefer keeping it quiet and I can understand that, but again we are talking about serious offences here and knowledge that the perpetrator continued to abuse women. For him to have that opportunity there almost certainly must have been a lot of self-interest among those who were affected and who knew.

But again, my main concern is that we are encouraging people to make allegations which must be believed - because otherwise we are "blaming the victim" - and that we are increasingly regarding anything inappropriate as abuse and harassment. I do understand that the right finds it tempting to go along with this and feels some Schadenfreude that high and mighty Hollywood progressives are tearing themselves apart, but it's a seriously dysfunctional culture we are fostering here, and it's one that the right in particular is rightly opposed to under normal circumstances.
colliric wrote:It's more complicated than that.

Actually, the girl raped by Polanski didn't have here life ruined. She came out supporting him years later.
Harvey Weinstein used Israeli spies in effort to silence victims
Disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein employed former Israeli agents as part of an elaborate and aggressive effort to spy on and suppress the allegations by women who have accused him of sexual assault and rape.

In an [url-https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies]exposé for The New Yorker,[/url] Ronan Farrow reveals that among the web of private investigators and firms Weinstein enlisted was Black Cube, “an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies.”

According to its company literature, Black Cube says its operatives are “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units.”

Its advisory board is packed with present and former Israeli military and intelligence figures, including “the late Meir Dagan,” the former head of Mossad, and Giora Eiland, an Israeli general who habitually uses media to threaten death and destruction to Palestinians and Lebanese.

Tweeting her reaction to the story, Asia Argento asked rhetorically why she and other prominent actresses did not speak up earlier. She answered her own question: “We were followed by ex-Mossad agents. Isn’t that terrifying? Very.”

Why didn't I, @rosemcgowan, @RoArquette @AnnabellSciorra spoke up earlier? We were followed by ex-Mossad agents. Isn't that terrifying? Very https://t.co/LlbEHY4t13
— Asia Argento (@AsiaArgento) November 7, 2017

Argento has accused Weinstein of rape.

Mossad methods
Black Cube’s mission was to prevent actress Rose McGowan, who has also accused Weinstein of rape, and others, from ever being able to tell their stories.

Two Black Cube operatives met with McGowan. “One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan,” according to The New Yorker.

The same operative using a different false identity contacted reporters pretending to be a victim of Weinstein.

Written into Black Cube’s contract was a bonus of hundreds of thousands of dollars if it provided “intelligence” sufficient to stop the publication of stories exposing Weinstein’s actions.

In May, McGowan was contacted by a “Diana Filip,” who claimed to be a women’s rights advocate working for a London-based investment firm called Reuben Capital Partners. She offered McGowan a $60,000 fee to speak at a London gala and over the course of several meetings suggested she’d invest in McGowan’s production company.

“In one meeting in September, Filip was joined by another Black Cube operative, who used the name Paul and claimed to be a colleague at Reuben Capital Partners,” The New Yorker reports. Their goal “was to pass McGowan to another operative to extract more information.”

It turned out, however, that “Diana Filip” was an “alias for a former officer in the Israeli Defense Forces who originally hailed from Eastern Europe and was working for Black Cube,” according to The New Yorker.

And Reuben Capital Partners turned out to be a front company – setting up fake firms is a well-known Mossad trick to create plausible identities for its agents.

“Filip” reappeared as “Anna,” a woman who got in touch with journalists and claimed to have allegations against Weinstein. This amounted to a perfidious effort to gain their trust by claiming falsely to be a victim.

One such spied-on journalist told The New Yorker that when “Anna” recounted her supposed experiences with Weinstein, “it seemed like soap-opera acting.”

Link to former Israeli prime minister
Israeli media reported Tuesday that former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak provided Weinstein with the lead to Black Cube.

Citing Israel’s Channel 2, the Haaretz newspaper reported that “Barak unwittingly played a role in leading Weinstein to Black Cube” and that “Weinstein even invited Barak and the head of Black Cube to a Hillary Clinton fundraiser.”

According to Haaretz, Barak told media that “over a year ago, he was asked by Weinstein if he knows about an Israeli security firm that Weinstein had heard about and can help him deal with business issues he’s currently facing.” Barak provided Weinstein with contact information for the firm.

Dirty tactics
Although Weinstein did not use only Israeli agents or companies in his scheme, the Mossad connection is notable.

Weinstein has a record of supporting and fundraising for pro-Israeli organizations. He told one such fundraising event last year that he is “Israeli in my heart and mind.”

His use of former Mossad agents is yet another example of Israel’s supposed prowess – developed through decades of military occupation and violations of Palestinian rights – being marketed and deployed for nefarious purposes across the world.

Earlier this year, it emerged that Israeli malware sold to Mexico has been used in attempts to spy on journalists and human rights activists there.

Israel and its surrogates are also evidently using clandestine methods to spy on human rights defenders in an effort to prevent justice for the Palestinian people.
Sexual violence

It is also notable that sexual violence has been a routine part of the methods Israeli intelligence agencies have used against Palestinians.

In one of the more high-profile cases, Rasmea Odeh described in the course of her trial on US immigration fraud charges the rape and sexual torture to which Israeli agents subjected her after her arrest in 1969.

Human rights groups have also documented Israeli interrogators routinely using threats of sexual violence and rape against Palestinian children in detention.

There is also a long list of of senior Israeli officials, including members of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s inner circle, who have been investigated and, in some cases, convicted for sex crimes against women and girls, amid a series of sex crime scandals involving the highest echelons of Israeli society.

But as David Sheen has written, Israeli politicians have attempted to deflect from this by making racially based false allegations of an epidemic of sex crimes committed by Palestinians and other non-Jews.

Israel’s global influence is invariably marketed in positive terms, as bringing “innovation,” “green” technologies, arts and culture.

But The New Yorker’s revelations about Weinstein’s employment of Mossad agents to target victims of sexual assault will likely awaken many to what Palestinians already know: where the dirtiest work is being done, Israel’s hand is often not far away.
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/al ... ce-victims
colliric wrote:Most likely, like Jimmy Saville, there is a perception of the element of threat(does he have underworld or police connections too?) and the risk of being gaslighted by your peers.

What's so amazing is that people like Decky think that the Jimmey Savilles / Laventia Berias of this world should be put in charge of huge terror apparatuses.

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]