Harvey Weinstein, Hollywood's most famous producer, is totally fucked..... - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

For all the posters who are treating this "blowjobs for lead role in movie" story as being about rape, rapists and rape culture... you're missing an important teaching moment about how capitalism is built on exploitation and abuse.

Perhaps this is why you're avoiding the real story.

This isn't about some frat boy screwing frosh girls when they're drunk. It's about how our favorite Hollywood stars use prostitution to compete with otther aspiring starlets.

When some aspirational ass-lick at work kisses the boss's ass, we don't suggest that he/she was raped by the boss.

Every sexual news item isn't about YOU and the repressed sexuality that YOU fight every day. This story is about how repressed sexuality resurfaces as an economic exploitation tool.
Why isn't anybody showing any concern for the rich, fat, liberal Jew who just wanted to insert his love into many women? It's saddening to see that love has become a crime. If he were a Christian, he'd be president of the United States.
I see this case in several angles in terms of victims and enablers. Harvey is a pig, creep, in all angles, that's one thing that's certain. But the victims are mostly enablers that helped directly Harvey inflict a lot of harm in real victims. I can't see all those women in the same light over the same spectrum. I have a lot of respect for the victims who had the courage to denounce this creep like the Italian actress that wired herself and went to the police, that girl should get her justice. Woman like the Guiness heiress who told who Harvey was in her 2010 memoir, that one also walked away. Rosana Arquette walked away, Mira Sorvino...

See people like Cara Delevingne annoy me. She knew who Harvey was, before getting that bizarre call from him she knew the rumors and who he was. She went to see him, agreed to go to his room when the director was gone. After Harvey trying to get a 3some with her she accepted the part and went to work with him.

Most of these women waited to be more convenient and better career wise to denounce him than to stay quiet, they are profiting on the disgrace of other women and on their own ambitions.

Key thing here is choice. If a woman or man chose to sleep their way to fame and fortune, that's fine if was a consent right? But when so many do it, what happens to women who are there for the job and not to sell themselves to big deal producers?

Meryl Streep to me will never be seen in the same way, that woman knew and so did Judy Dentch. At least Glenn Close was honest, I give her that.

Anyway, hope this sick bastard goes to jail, but I have a sense he will commit suicide or will be sucided. Harvey is a symptom and I'm pretty sure he isn't the worst in Hollywood, is the one we don't hear about that are the puppet masters

colliric wrote:https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

New Yorker story, one that the audio tape came from.

Is that Eva Peron on your AVI ? Are you argentinian?
Suntzu wrote:No rape her, strictly barter, pussy for parts. :roll:

Is this the third of fourth tume you have deliberately ignored the power dynamics and the alleged sexual assault in order to repeat your tired excuse for sexual harassment?

I lost count after the first two times I addressed this failed argument of yours.

Your desire to blame the women fir being raped or sexually harassed is obvious.
The sites HTML tags don't seem to be working.

https://theblast.com/malia-obama-harvey ... internship

Malia Obama May Be Dragged into Harvey Weinstein Debacle for Deposition

Malia Obama may be the key to unlocking what exactly Harvey Weinstein and The Weinstein Company were doing behind closed doors, and we’re told a new lawsuit will aim at locking the former first daughter down to grill her on her time spent at the company.

According to sources close to a new class action suit being filed against Weinstein and TWC, 19-year-old Malia Obama will be subpoenaed for a deposition to find out if she saw or heard anything regarding Weinstein’s alleged sexual assaults during her internship at the production company.

We’re told the attorneys want to “talk to Malia ahead of future depositions” so they can base their strategy on the information that she provides.

Malia interned for three months earlier this year, and was actually very involved in the development of new projects, including reading and pitching scripts to the executives.

Sources close to the suit, being prepared by The Armenta Law firm, tell us one of the theories to Weinstein’s tremendously quick downfall is the possibility that President Obama was made aware of the sexual harassment allegations, and then “the wagons circled” to protect the assets of TWC and oust Weinstein ASAP.

Weinstein has been a huge financial supporter of the Democratic party over the years, and was especially close to Barack and Michelle Obama. Last week President Obama issued a statement on the scandal:

"Michelle and I have been disgusted by the recent reports about Harvey Weinstein. Any man who demeans and degrades women in such fashion needs to be condemned and held accountable, regardless of wealth or status.”

As we previously reported, the class action suit will allege that Weinstein and TWC were involved in a conspiracy, with the company settling and covering up his alleged crimes. The allegations aim at setting the stage for RICO consideration, and the possibility that authorities could look into the situation further and pursue criminal charges[/quote]
Apart from being rich and powerful and surrounded by textbook beauty and glamour, I don't think Harvey VeenSteen is all that unusual. There are lots of males who have the same attitude to women. Rehab will not change them. They are plain and simple arseholes. And they don't treat males who are more considerate of females, with anything other than scorn. Bye bye Harvey, its been real . . .
colliric wrote:
Yes it is, she is my favorite historical politician.

But I'm Australian.

Her autobiography is one of my favorite books.

She would hate trump, as much as I hate you.

Let's make a deal, invader. Let's switch nationalities, you live in trump land, I live with the aboriginals. You get to see white powder in action, I get free healthcare.
59 More wrote:She would hate trump, as much as I hate you.

Let's make a deal, invader. Let's switch nationalities, you live in trump land, I live with the aboriginals. You get to see white powder in action, I get free healthcare.

If you think Evita would have hated Trump you don't know her history.... she would have hated Hilary and Obama, the first because she's weak and sadistic and the second because he's pro Islam.
Politiks wrote:Interesting... may I ask why you Evita is your favorite historical politician? What you found so important or special about her?

Her tragic short-life story(as told by Andrew Lloyd Webber in the original Julie Covington concept recording) touched me in many ways when I first heard the recording many years ago(I was collecting Lloyd Webber on LP from OP shops and secondhand record stores at the time, I was also watching stage productions, sadly Evita has yet to return to Melbourne professionally yet). I've known what Cancer can do to Young talented people and the musical had me in tears.

It's a beautiful "Rock Opera", especially in it's raw original LP form. It has the subplot involving Che Guevara and his insecticide proposal, omitted from the movie and later production.

I happed to find her Diary-style Autobiography("Evita by Evita") in a nearby second hand bookshop and snapped it up and loved it. Her political insight is sensational, and her ability to move a crowd of people for her just causes was almost Mark Anthony-like in skill and emotion.

Trump once stated the Lloyd Webber production was his favorite musical ever and the one he'd seen the most on Broadway. I'd agree it's close to the best.

Personal favorite is in fact Phantom though.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Is this the third of fourth tume you have deliberately ignored the power dynamics and the alleged sexual assault in order to repeat your tired excuse for sexual harassment?

I lost count after the first two times I addressed this failed argument of yours.

Your desire to blame the women fir being raped or sexually harassed is obvious.

Nobody has made a greater effort at ignoring power dynamics than you. It's like you think that all those coke-addled liars in Hollywood are innocent babes and have noble intentions. This may be how you fantasize about them, but it's nowhere near their commercial reality.

Here are the real dynamics:

Thousands of women could act as well as Gweneth Paltrow, Ashley Judd, or Meryl Streep. Perhaps millions. What really distinguishes the actresses we've all heard of from the nobodies.. is their willingness to suck producers off and otherwise sell their dignity for money and fame.

This isn't very different from all other vocations under capitalism, except that the "whoring" is more literal in mass media.
Yeah Qatz, plenty of people came up through retail into positions of power by sucking off their manager.

You're nothing but a hypocrite. You talk about other people somehow creating or supporting power systems that breed abuse and then shit on the people who tolerated enough abuse to become successful. Within your own logic, there is no difference between the perpretator and the victim, and you blame that on third parties for no readily apparent reason.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you, a cyclist. A literal free rider who enjoys smoothe, paved asphalt because people like me pay gas taxes. By your own logic, I'm your Weinstein every time I run one of you cycling fuckers off the road.
neopagan wrote:Apart from being rich and powerful and surrounded by textbook beauty and glamour, I don't think Harvey VeenSteen is all that unusual.

He's not at all unusual as well as his victims are not unusual. The world is full of abusers and people prostituting themselves while pursuing a career. However, Weinstein sounds so creepy on the tapes that it makes me wonder if he's a victim too, although he's still a dirty abuser of course. Anyways, it's the power structure at fault here basically, even though it may be too abstract to conceptualise for most people, and we all are parts of it.
If I say(he is)that he is a revolting pervert, as indeed the general consensus is, looked at dispassionately, he himself would see the overall situation completely differently.

Looking at it this way, judging by the numbers of women 'coming-out' on the issue, were their accusations of 'alleged' sexual assault or worse, 'rape' taken literally, a lot of men might say, "WOW! jammy B*****d", how did he get away with it for so long?
This would(up until the point of exposure(sic), have been Weinstein's attitude, but like all offenders, has pleaded 'innocence' in public.

Seriously, would a judge look at this ,think that, either these women were genuinely 'raped', 'assaulted sexually', or, those women, in the main, "acquiesced'' in their experiences with this individual?

When someone(or a group of people)is subjected to such behaviour, in LAW, there ought to be a time limitation in which an accuser can make such accusations.

What is happening in many cases of this kind is completely unacceptable, it gives the impression of a 'herd' instinct in regards to a potential monetary 'free-lunch', which brings the law into public disrepute, potentially, either allowing the 'guilty' to get off 'Scott Free', or, convicting an 'innocent' person's' in the process of 'justice'.
Nonsense I've read your post several times, but I still can't make any sense out of it. This probably means one of two things: either (i) you are a transcendent genius whose thoughts are too exalted for lesser mortals to comprehend, or (ii) you're living up to your name again. I think I'm going to go for (ii). :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:Is this the third of fourth tume you have deliberately ignored the power dynamics and the alleged sexual assault in order to repeat your tired excuse for sexual harassment?

Why do you think people are ignoring it? Maybe we don't agree with it, and therefore don't care about your Marxist interpretation of events.

Nonsense wrote:If I say(he is)that he is a revolting pervert, as indeed the general consensus is, looked at dispassionately, he himself would see the overall situation completely differently.

He isn't any worse than Bill Clinton. Lot's of women came to Clinton's defense too. "It's just about sex..." they would say. Well, so is this. I wonder what the motivation for this is? Did he say something nice about Donald Trump?

Also, we still have Terry Crews still hiding the identity of who it was that grabbed his balls.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah Qatz, plenty of people came up through retail into positions of power by sucking off their manager.

Where I live, retail doesn't pay enough for enticing employees to blow the boss. But ass-kissing is very popular.

When I worked in advertising, virtually all the female 'vice presidents' had slept with the (married) president of the firm. And the textile industry is also full of stories of unwanted pregnancies caused by quid-pro-quo exchanges with horny bosses.

The male side-kicks-asskissers of powerful people are often willing to vandalize or harm for their bosses. They are often nasty to anyone who has less status than themself.

This kind of canine loyalty is common in capitalism.

This never happened in cooperative factories in Yugoslavia. Only real economic equality can make this kind of exploitation stop.

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]