U.N. Watchdog: Syrian Government Responsible For April Sarin Gas Attack - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

foxdemon wrote:We are unlikely to ever know what really happened. Could have been the ground crew were about to load up the jets with another bomb load only to discover they had run out of high explosive bombs. So some bright spark wheels out some rusty old bombs from the back of the ammo dump, without bothering to check what the code on them means, and says “hey, I found some more bombs. Load’em up”.

In any case, it makes no sense for Assad to have been involved. It's easy for people here in this thread and elsewhere to be naive and conclude a two-dimensional view of the situation as evil dictator (I don't mean you), or that he's just insane, and all the cartoon villain stereotypes people seem to ascribe to secular dictators like Assad. Playing any role, whatsoever, in using chemical weapons is something he knows, full well, would enable his enemies to do anything they want without any other justification, including trying to kill him.

It doesn't matter if people support Assad or not. The US government has already admitted we've been involved in Syria with the rebels since the early days of the conflict, and we and other countries have been actively involved in providing arms and training directly, or through training camps in Jordan and elsewhere, etc. For Assad to then decide to use chemical weapons, knowing the US has been desperately seeking any excuse for significantly expanding its actions in Syria, is ridiculous.
There is evidence of US involvement in Syria as far back as 2005. The so-called "revolution" began in Syria in 2011, a little after Libya was destroyed.

But yeah, something-something about a revolution...by mercenaries and the involvement of about ten other countries.

This is me ----> :lol: when dumb liberals keep falling for this shit.
skinster wrote:There is evidence of US involvement in Syria as far back as 2005. The so-called "revolution" began in Syria in 2011, a little after Libya was destroyed.

But yeah, something-something about a revolution...by mercenaries and the involvement of about ten other countries.

This is me ----> :lol: when dumb liberals keep falling for this shit.

I'm sure there is; I was referring to the admission by the US government of the CIA being involved since the early 2010s. It's just funny how some people here were naive about Western involvement and thought it was impossible the CIA or the US government would ever do stuff like that. :lol: And I suppose it's still mildly amusing how some people here seem to think "moderate" head-chopping terrorists are actually liberal democratic freedom fighters for democracy things.
They already are in Syria, duh. It's zionist-scum that needs to gtfo Syria, and Lebanon and Palestine.

Bulaba Jones wrote:I'm sure there is; I was referring to the admission by the US government of the CIA being involved since the early 2010s. It's just funny how some people here were naive about Western involvement and thought it was impossible the CIA or the US government would ever do stuff like that. :lol:

Oh yeah :lol: , it took Trump closing down the CIA programme in Syria recently for liberals to finally admit the US was involved, as if that wasn't obvious from the beginning...

Bulaba Jones wrote:And I suppose it's still mildly amusing how some people here seem to think "moderate" head-chopping terrorists are actually liberal democratic freedom fighters for democracy things.

Yeah, like the time the al-zinki terrorist group funded by the US, chopped the head of a Palestinian teenager on the back of a truck. Watching regime-change-warriors trying to apologize for that was almost as horrific as the beheading (that I didn't watch).

I don't even know why this shit is coming up now. No Western authorities were ever on the ground to conduct an investigation of what took place...
skinster wrote:Sorry you lost the war on Syria, liberals.

Well, I've never cared about that war that much, it seemed like a pointless never-ending fight with always-changing frontlines. As a matter of fact I don't know how it stands now and I wonder if the US has ever meant to win it or they just wanted to destroy Syria. If they just wanted to destroy Syria, they achieved their goal for sure, but I think they also want to control some oil fields or territories there. Anyways, the most interesting thing to me is the bipartisan support for Assad, which comes from people who use "liberal" as a curse word or just hate "liberals". I think they're underage people mostly, the leftists especially. ;)
Is there any room in this debate to consider that maybe somebody made a really horrible mistake within the assad regime?

I mean even if they did it doesn't actually justify military intervention or whatever and simply pointing out that there aren't any real alternatives should be enough to justify your arguments without rising to the defense of the moral integrity of the Assad regime and attacking other posters as scum who just thinks people dying is a game.
mikema63 wrote:Is there any room in this debate to consider that maybe somebody made a really horrible mistake within the assad regime?

I mean even if they did it doesn't actually justify military intervention or whatever and simply pointing out that there aren't any real alternatives should be enough to justify your arguments without rising to the defense of the moral integrity of the Assad regime and attacking other posters as scum who just thinks people dying is a game.

Firstly, who is attacking who as scum? :?: All I see here are people disagreeing, strongly, about something that doesn't directly involve any of us.

Second: why is defending aspects of the Syrian government, or Assad, bad? Moral integrity doesn't really involve politics, at least not really beyond the kind of bedtime stories told to people who think all these wars and interventions are about democracy, freedom, and "gettin' rid of bad fellers." Assad is a dictator, yes, people have been killed or tortured in Syria, yes, and Assad isn't even a Marxist. Syria is, however, one of the last independent countries in that region of the ME, and they are fighting an insurgency of Islamists who have been getting encouragingly jerked off by the West for a very long time. Syria has also had to deal with past instances of Islamist uprisings, like Hama in the early 1980s (if I recall that rough date correctly; might have been the late 1970s).

It seems hypocritical to post a complaint about how it's invalid or shouldn't be allowed to defend someone like Assad, depending on the context or his actions, while people here tacitly support the EU's involvement in aiding terrorists in the ME on behalf of the US, and people here who support neoliberal warhawks.

You shouldn't be complaining about people like me, Mike, when you do the same sort of thing but for the side that promotes global terrorism and wide scale rape, murder, and plundering on a national scale.
mikema63 wrote:Is there any room in this debate to consider that maybe somebody made a really horrible mistake within the assad regime?

The entire debate began with ASSAD DID DIS!! when the attack took place, so :lol: wtf are you even talking about. :lol:

mikema63 wrote:I mean even if they did it doesn't actually justify military intervention or whatever and simply pointing out that there aren't any real alternatives should be enough to justify your arguments without rising to the defense of the moral integrity of the Assad regime and attacking other posters as scum who just thinks people dying is a game.

Sorry, mike, but people like you are scum, you don't give a fuck about Syrians at all, your girl Hillary was all about annihilating them to the point of going to war with Russia in the process....and she knew well what would take place as was revealed in her script to Goldman Sachs about how with her intended actions, "a lot of Syrians will die".

Fuck off with your faux care, it's not convincing at all.
Bulaba Jones wrote:In any case, it makes no sense for Assad to have been involved. It's easy for people here in this thread and elsewhere to be naive and conclude a two-dimensional view of the situation as evil dictator (I don't mean you), or that he's just insane, and all the cartoon villain stereotypes people seem to ascribe to secular dictators like Assad.

If Assad wasn't insane he would have stepped down a long time ago.
:lol:

I see the reducing-a-country-to-its-leader is still a thing for MSM-eating simpletons. Because it's not the Syrian army that is fighting for the lives of its people, that's just Assad. And it's not as though the vast majority of Syrians chose to live under their government's control rather than that of the "rebels" throughout the war and escaped it whatever chance they could get.
Last edited by skinster on 28 Oct 2017 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:Have you heard of The Yinon Plan? Are you aware that Israel already ethnically-cleansed 80,000 Syrians from Syrian territory in the Golan Heights and has been militarily occupying it for decades? Are you aware Israel has no official borders because it's an expansionist state? :|

Israel has been medically treating mercenaries in Syria to fight the Syrian army. It has repeatedly attacked Syria with its airforce and army. But yeah, zionism has nothing to do with this and let me tell you how by calling you an anti-semite...as if that fucking works at all as an argument. :lol:

More: Israel’s Quiet Campaign to Gain a Foothold in Southern Syria

Back on topic:

Zionists have a stake in what happens in Syria, same as Turkey, Russia and the US but my point was the zionists didn't carry out the chemical weapon attack as Rich implied, that is all on Assad.

The zionists were not fans of Saddam either but that doesn't make them responsible for Saddam gassing kurds.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]