Texas Shooting today - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

^ Not the shooter, or the motive, or even full details of what happened has been released on any media outlet yet. But you ruled it out to be an "Islamic terror attack" ?
You do realize that these are generally considered regular events in the US right ? As in you have several 100s of similar mass shootings annually.
@AndyNush

You do realize that you don't need to be a Muslim to shoot up a goddamn church in America? Mass shootings happen all the time there so I don't see how this shooting is significant at all?
Devin Patrick Kelley has been identified as the gunman who killed at least 24 people at a church in Texas, a U.S. official tells The Daily Beast. Kelley, 26, was a resident of New Braunfels, a suburb of San Antonio, according to public records. On a now-deleted Facebook account, Kelley displayed an assault rifle.

Kelley was married and Kelley's mother-in-law listed a P.O. box in Sutherland Springs as a mailing address. San Antonio police reportedly raided Kelley's home on Sunday evening. A LinkedIn account appearing to belong to Kelley describes him as serving in the U.S. Air Force from his 2009 high-school graduation until 2013, after which he briefly taught at a summer Bible school.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-pat ... rch-killer

Ah yes, one of those Islamic Bible school teachers ...

Source for 'convert', Suntzu?
By Suntzu
He was court martialed by Air Force. Good guy with gun engaged him, maybe killed him. Interestingly, it is reported he taught Vacation Bible School in Kingsville, my home town.
By Sivad
Liberals are gonna jump all over this like they give a shit about human carnage, but if they really gave a shit about that they'd be all over wealth caps too. Inordinate wealth does more mayhem in a minute than heavily armed psychotics have done in the last century. But they're not ever gonna propose a wealth cap to end the madness because they really don't give a flying fuck about human carnage, it's all just a bullshit wedge ploy for liberals. Well not really, they do think what if it was me, I could be next, that sort of thing, but they don't really give a shit.
I actually don't hate the idea of wealth caps but comparing warren buffet to a mass shooter is just fucking sick dude. What the fuck is a wedge issue about killing dozens of people violently? :eh:
By anasawad
The funny thing is that whomever made up that name (samir Al-Hajeed) probably have no idea how Arabic or Persian or Urdu names in general are made.
Family names usually come from 3 sources, either an attribute one of the grandfathers of the family had and was called by it and so it became a family name.
The name of one of the grandfathers of the family or a nickname. Or finally an area of origin.
This is generally how family names are in all 3 regions.
Al-hajeed is not a word for anything in Arabic or Persian, nor is it a name for an area anywhere. And I wasn't sure if maybe there is a word that I don't know in Urdu that is like it, turns out there isn't. Its also not a word in Kurdish or Turkish or even Assyrian. Which means there is no such name to ever exist in these places. And since Asian Muslim communities generally don't use Arabic or middle eastern surnames, then I doubt it would be one there either.

Basically, the person who made this name up needs to do some research next time. Because anyone who knows this little fact will immediately bust the fake name.

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]