White House Declares National Day for the Victims of Communism - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

We should also remeber the noble sarifices of multinational corporations that lost assets when local Marxist governments kicked them out and nationalised their stuff.

Poor Bacardi. Now the rum made in their former factory is owned by the Cuban people, instead of some foreign investors.
Oxymoron wrote:Absolutely material reality is less important that your ability. Otherwise underdogs would always lose against superior numbers in war for example. Yet many times superior mindset and abilities led small armies to crushing victories against people with huge armies. Like take out Alexander as leader, and the Greeks never take over Persia, against huge numerical superiority.

Of course. If you think that's true, why don't you arm twenty of your friends with wicker. I'll arm ten of mine with heavy armor and sarissa. Give us a few months to train (you'd naturally train for a few days), and we can see if your belief in winning is more accurate than the material differences on the field.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Of course. If you think that's true, why don't you arm twenty of your friends with wicker. I'll arm ten of mine with heavy armor and sarissa. Give us a few months to train (you'd naturally train for a few days), and we can see if your belief in winning is more accurate than the material differences on the field.

Strawman and you know it.
Oxymoron wrote:Strawman and you know it.

Not a strawman. You specifically said that "material reality is less important than your ability." You then used Alexander as an example of this.

This conveniently excludes the fact that:

1. The Greeks had defeated the Persians twice already

2. Phillip II probably would have done as well as Alexander

3. There were actual material differences in the Persian and Macedonian forces that at least affected the outcome

Since you decided to exclude these, I demonstrated an example of how material reality was more important than your feelings.

One traditional American way to celebrate "Victims of Communism Day" is to sneak out at night and kill the grass on your neighbor's lawn with Agent Orange and Napalm.

And just to keep your mindset in place, think about the purity of Baby Jesus's heart while you spray the dangerous chemicals onto the land of someone who has never done anything to you (unless he also celebrates CommieVic Day on your lawn).
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]