Michael Flynn has been charged with making a false statement. What next? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote::lol: They only offer pleas bargains if they want the person to confess or they are cooperating exceptionally well.

I know they have information they are getting from Flynn, because he wouldn't be getting a pleas bargain if he had nothing to bargain with.

You make an idiotic assumption that they have nothing on him. That's a pretty silly thing to assume.

I'll bet you he doesn't serve jail time, but that he gives them information that'll help someone else get busted.

They had little but they wanted to save face so they got him on some minor bullshit, but there was still a threat of real jail time unless he pleaded guilty. So Mueller saved face, and Flynn got a slap on the wrist. There will be nothing else, I know you lefties twits think this is like watergate but in reality you will have to deal with 7 more years of Trump.
In the last few hours we have Trump in full denial.

Donald Trump lashed out at the FBI on Sunday, issuing a fresh denial that he asked former director James Comey to drop an investigation into the conduct of one of his top aides, Michael Flynn.
In a Twitter tirade, Mr Trump said the FBI's reputation was "in tatters".
His attack came amid a flurry of developments in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's inquiry into alleged Russian interference in the US election.
Mr Trump denies that his team colluded with Russia to get him elected.
Reports emerged over the weekend that Mr Mueller, a former FBI director, had dismissed an FBI officer from the investigation during the summer after he was discovered to have made anti-Trump remarks in text messages.
The president seized on the officer's dismissal, tweeting: "Report: 'ANTI-TRUMP FBI AGENT LED CLINTON EMAIL PROBE' Now it all starts to make sense!"
A spokesman for Mr Mueller said the officer was dismissed from the investigating team as soon as the messages were discovered.
Michael Flynn, the president's former national security adviser, announced on Friday that he was co-operating with Mr Mueller's investigation, in return for pleading guilty to a lesser charge.
The former general admitted lying to the FBI and has been offered a reduced sentence of six months. Analysts say the deal indicates that Mr Flynn has incriminating information about one or more senior members of the Trump administration.
■ Six big takeaways from the Flynn deal
■ Russia-Trump: Who's who in the drama to end all dramas?
■ The Trump-Russia saga in 200 words
In a series of tweets posted on Sunday morning, Mr Trump again attacked his former rival for the presidency, Hillary Clinton, who was investigated by the FBI ahead of the election after it emerged she had used a private email server to conduct state department business.
No charges were brought against Mrs Clinton or her team.
In another tweet, the president accused ABC News of "horrendously inaccurate and dishonest reporting", after one of the network's reporters acknowledged making an error in a story about the president.
Chief investigative reporter Brian Ross reported that Mr Trump was a candidate when he directed Michael Flynn to make contact with Moscow.
He later corrected his report to say Mr Trump was president-elect when he gave the order to Mr Flynn. Mr Ross has been suspended by the network for four weeks.
The Comey-Flynn controversy
The president fired Mr Flynn in February for misrepresenting the nature of his contacts with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak to Vice-President Mike Pence.
Then-FBI director James Comey alleges that in a private meeting the day after Mr Flynn was fired, the president asked him to show leniency to the dismissed aide, saying, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go."
Mr Comey took notes immediately after the meeting and shared copies with senior FBI officials. President Trump fired Mr Comey in May.
Tweeting on Sunday, Mr Trump issued a fresh denial that he had pushed Mr Comey to drop the investigation into Mr Flynn.
"I never asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn. Just more Fake News covering another Comey lie!" he wrote.
Legal experts say Mr Trump could theoretically have obstructed justice if he had attempted to have the FBI investigation into Mr Flynn squashed.
The president's surprising admission in a tweet on Saturday - that he knew Mr Flynn had lied to the FBI when he fired him - contradicted his own account from the time, and may have added weight to accusations that he obstructed justice.
White House lawyer John Dowd later told the Axios news website that he had drafted the controversial tweet and sent the text to a social media manager, Dan Scavino.
The revelations soured what should have been a celebratory weekend for the president, after his sweeping tax reform bill scraped through the Senate early on Saturday morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42215767
It took him some time, but Trump finally understood that he admitted to the obstruction of justice with his tweet.

So what does he do? He gets a fall-guy, somebody, anybody. Flynn is gone, so his lawyer is next in line, which makes it even even more incredible. What lawyer would be so incompetent as to get his client into such a legal mess?

Trump's lawyer says he wrote president's controversial Michael Flynn tweet

This presidency has a lot of entertainment value.
You can always trust a narcissist to be entertaining, whether it's Colonel Gadaffi, the Donald, or our own Dave. They may be batshit insane and superhumanly annoying, but they always know how to put on a good show. HalleluYah! :D
Atlantis wrote:You are joking!?

Trump isn't known for his compassion or benevolence. He has never had any problems with ditching associates if it profits his own interests. If he tried to protect Flynn, there can only be one reason: Flynn knows enough to sink this presidency. I guess they tried to buy off Flynn, but how much does it cost to pay for an ex US general and/or his sun to go to jail for up to 5 years.

Of course Flynn was in collusion with the Russians. Of course Trump knew about it. Flynn could never have asked the Russians to stop sanctions or their UN veto without approval from the top.

To portray Flynn as the decent and honest guy is utterly hilarious. He is the original crook and conman who doesn't shirk from high treason, kidnapping dissidents and collaborating with foreign tyrants for a handful of dollars. In one word, the kind of shady character Trumps like to surround himself with.

I think it has already been confirmed by the FBI that there is no 'there' there re Russian colluision re the Trump campaign or administration. The most anybody will be charged with is giving false information and I'm pretty sure intellectually honest people will recognize 99% of that for what it is, i.e. faulty memory or remembering things wrong.
I think it has already been confirmed by the FBI that there is no 'there' there re Russian colluision re the Trump campaign or administration.

Not true. Just the opposite as a matter of fact. The investigation is underway.

"Russia. If you are listening. Hack her emails." Donald Trump

Absolute proof he asked for it.

The most anybody will be charged with is giving false information and I'm pretty sure intellectually honest people will recognize 99% of that for what it is, i.e. faulty memory or remembering things wrong.

:roll:
Everything's fake if you don't like it! Are you guys fucking stupid, or simply trolling? :?:

The Mods are doing fine. It's the nimrods who think everything that doesn't stack up to their confirmation bias is fake, that need to reign in their idiocy. :knife:
White House staffers are reportedly worried about being recorded amid new developments in the special counsel's probe into Russia's election interference.

"Everyone is paranoid," a person close to Trump's White House told Politico.

"Everyone thinks they're being recorded."

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn last week pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents.

As part of the plea agreement, Flynn agreed to cooperate fully with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. For the time being, at least, he will remain free, although the charge he faces carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

Part of the plea deal says that by "participating in covert law enforcement activities," Flynn could possibly avoid jail time.

According to Politico, White House attorneys and private counsel have asked whether the current and former Trump aides they are representing have talked to any former colleagues and whether they think their communications could have been recorded.

"They're probably shitting bricks," said an attorney who represents a senior Trump aide caught up in the probe. "How can you not?"

White House lawyer Ty Cobb told the news outlet that Mueller is "too good a professional and too good a prosecutor to tape represented individuals."

"And he doesn't want his office or his important mission to be tainted," he said.

People who are known to the special counsel to have a lawyer representing them on a specific topic are not supposed to be taped by a witness on that topic, according to Politico.

Cobb added he doesn't know "anyone who feels that paranoia."

"To the uninformed and inexperienced this may be enjoyable. But in reality, it is unhinged speculation with no foundation," he said.

President Trump has repeatedly dismissed the Russia investigation. This past weekend, he appeared to suggest in a tweet that he knew Flynn had lied to the FBI when he fired him. Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd, later said that he drafted the tweet, calling it "my mistake." Trump this weekend also denied he ever asked former FBI Director James Comey to stop investigating Flynn, referring to the assertion as "more Fake News" and "another Comey lie."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... port?amp=1
Democrats on the House Oversight Committee said Wednesday a whistleblower approached them in June to share that former national security adviser Michael Flynn had texted him during President Trump's inauguration to tell his former business partners that a ploy to build a number of nuclear reactors in the Middle East, with Russia's help, was "good to go," according to multiple reports Wednesday.

"Our committee has credible allegations that President Trump's National Security Advisor sought to manipulate the course of international nuclear policy for the financial gain of his former business partners," Rep. Elijah Cummings, ranking Democrat on the House oversight committee, wrote to Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. "These grave allegations compel a full, credible, and bipartisan congressional investigation."

In a text message sent at 12:11 p.m. EST, the source said Copson showed him a message that Flynn would have sent from his chair in the dais while Trump addressed the country.

Copson's friend recalled him saying it was "the best day of my life" after being told his company's plan to forge a U.S.-Russia partnership and build two dozen nuclear plants was moving forward.

Cummings said the whistleblower first approached the committee in June, but special counsel Robert Mueller asked him to "hold on the public release of this information until they completed certain investigation steps."

Cummings told Gowdy "they have now informed us that they have done so."

Flynn reportedly bragged about his partners' business plan and worked to promote the plan even as a White House official.

Flynn pleaded guilty last week to lying to the FBI about when he contacted Russian officials before Trump was sworn into office.

Swell. Months of watching that phuquewit Trump courting a nuclear war with North Korea, and what's Flynn doing? Planning bloody Armageddon?
Godstud wrote::lol: They only offer pleas{sic} bargains if they want the person to confess or they are cooperating exceptionally well.

I know they have information they are getting from Flynn, because he wouldn't be getting a pleas{sic} bargain if he had nothing to bargain with.

You make an idiotic assumption that they have nothing on him.

Why don't you edit your work before you indirectly call someone idiotic?

anarchist23 wrote:Trump says it's not fair which is what my teenage kids say when they are guilty. Here is a tweet from last night..

The FBI had a verbatim transcript of what was said. That Flynn didn't recollect some aspects and was charged with a crime is definitely unfair.

Atlantis wrote:I guess they tried to buy off Flynn, but how much does it cost to pay for an ex US general and/or his sun{sic} to go to jail for up to 5 years.

Seriously?

Atlantis wrote:Flynn could never have asked the Russians to stop sanctions or their UN veto without approval from the top.

That isn't a crime. You do realize that, right?

Atlantis wrote:In one word, the kind of shady character Trumps like to surround himself with.

That's more than one word and syntactically doesn't make any sense.

Hindsite wrote:Dershowitz called Flynn’s credibility “worthless” because he’s been accused of perjury for denying to the FBI that he discussed sanctions with Russia’s ambassador to the United States.

That's why a process crime like lying to the FBI is utterly worthless.

Drlee wrote:"Russia. If you are listening. Hack her emails." Donald Trump

Which, of course, he never said. :roll:
Blackjack21 wrote:Why don't you edit your work before you indirectly call someone idiotic?
If someone says something stupid, it doesn't mean that they are. You inferring that, is a presumption on your part, not mine. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

Thanks for being a grammar nazi, Blackjack21. Someone has to do it.
Drlee wrote:Not true. Just the opposite as a matter of fact. The investigation is underway.

"Russia. If you are listening. Hack her emails." Donald Trump

Absolute proof he asked for it.

:roll:

Donald Trump said, “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. I have nothing to do with Russia."

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]