U.S. to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital - Page 46 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:I'm still waiting for you to prove noeman is posting propaganda re: Israel stealing from Christians/Churces in various ways in Palestine. When are you going to return to that?

Haven't you ever heard the saying that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is probably a duck?
It looks and sounds like Muslim propaganda. What more proof do you need?
Hindsite wrote:Haven't you ever heard the saying that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is probably a duck?
It looks and sounds like Muslim propaganda. What more proof do you need?

Noir is an ultra zionist propagandist so she has an "excuse" to both pretend that it didn't happen and also celebrate the happening at the same time! what is your excuse Hindsite? This is reported in the Israeli Haaretz newspaper and confirmed by the mayor of Jerusalem who made an announcement confirming that he has seized all these millions from the bank accounts of the Orthodox, Catholic and Anglican Churches on the 7th of February 2018.

Click and go to Israeli paper in English.

And you have still not said anything about Bob Simon's CBS show about the Christians. Or anything about the fact that there is literally no Christian presence in Jerusalem anymore, the only presence there is is of clergy, monks and nuns who as you know do not breed and do not really count as "presence". Jerusalem is the Holy Town for Christianity and in the past 50 years under Israeli administration, the Christian families have all fled or had their houses confiscated and given to Jewish settlers. Now with Trump giving Israel his stamp of approval, Israel picked up the pace and is now attacking the bank accounts of the clergy and the nuns as well with your tacit support apparently.
Aside from the fact that Israel is spitting on the inter-faith agreement that has existed for centuries in Jerusalem and which has been respected by the Muslims that religious institutions do not pay property taxes, and aside from the fact that their properties have been in their ownership way before the State of Israel came into existence, there is also the matter that these "taxes" are completely made up and the confiscation of their money without notice being utterly disgraceful.

But this is not new either, Israel did the same thing with the water in 2012. This is just regular harassment that the State of Israel is subjecting the Christians in Jerusalem to force them to firesale their properties.
Your case is quite unique noir, at one minute you are saying it didn't happen, at another minute you are saying good that it happened, insulting all the Christian Churches in Jerusalem calling them thieves, liars, antisemites, "dhimmis" (which is ironic because it applied to Jews as much as Christians), at another minute you are begging for Christian support.

Real Christians care about their established rights, even more so in Jerusalem.

These are the fruits of American policy, they give a finger you grab the arm. Now that the Jerusalem mayor has Trump's stamp of approval he went and did what Israel has been wanting to do since 1967, harass the Christians into oblivion and if the strongest Christian country don't mind, then it's all good, innit?
Noir you have already said that you do not care about the agreements Israel has with the Christians and that you can change them anytime to whatever you wish, so there is no point in trying to explain to you why it is wrong to unilaterally change agreements, invent debt and then steal it straight from the people's bank accounts.
noemon wrote:Noir is a ultra zionist propagandist so she has an "excuse" to both pretend that it didn't happen and also celebrate the happening at the same time! what is your excuse Hindsite? This is reported in the Israeli Haaretz newspaper and confirmed by the mayor of Jerusalem who made an announcement confirming that he has seized all these millions from the bank accounts of the Orthodox, Catholic and Anglican Churches on the 7th of February 2018.

My excuse is that I don't know if it is true or not. It may be Fake News for all I know and it seems more like leftist propaganda than real news. And the Israeli Haaretz newspaper has a left wing political reputation and a tendency to publish articles to incite conflicts. Note the following:

The newspaper Ha'aretz as a whole reflects openly the political positions of the left and have even stated that the Netanyahu government is bad for Israel. The publisher of the newspaper, Amos Schocken, also expresses his solidarity with the leftist camp. In an open letter to readers of the English edition on May 12, 2014 , Amos Schocken defined the line of the newspaper:

"By purchasing a subscription, partners will become partners in the ongoing effort to shape Israel as a liberal and constitutional democracy that fosters the values ​​of liberalism and human rights. Will become partners in active support for the two-state solution and the Palestinian right to self-determination, which will enable Israel to rid itself of the burden of territorial occupation and control over another people."

The dominant political position on the newspaper's opinion pages is criticized by various sources, among them: Irit Linor, Gadi Taub, who claimed that the paper gave a broad platform for anti-Zionism, Hanoch Marmari (the former editor of the newspaper) And David Merhav, who claimed that the "Culture and Literature" supplement had become a political platform. Due to similar claims on the political line of the newspaper, the Prime Minister's Office announced in 2002 the cancellation of the subscription to the paper. There are those who attack the land on the left, for example David Shaham. Ben-Dror Yemini also criticized Ben-Dror Yemini for a variety of issues, but mainly accuses Haaretz of running an ongoing campaign of incitement, Nazification and demonization against the State of Israel, which also uses lies, distortion of facts and tendentious editing, "Ha'aretz" in English, and serves as the main source of anti-Israeli propaganda and incitement to violence against Israel around the world. MK Yair Lapid , chairman of the " Future " party, joined the critics and said that "this is not a newspaper but a journal of radical left." Criticism is directed at the news columns and articles of opinion in the newspaper, but some claim that the left line of the newspaper permeates even the activity of the Department of Awareness.

In some cases, the Press Council Ethics Court ruled that the newspaper violated the Council's code of ethics.

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... 7%95%D7%9F
Last edited by Hindsite on 12 Feb 2018 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
@Hindsite

Also the paper is owned by German Nazi family. This week the US ambassador in Israel criticize it

Haaretz's 'Nazi problem'
Eldad Beck

The publishing group's owner at the time, Kurt Neven DuMont – the current owner's father – was reportedly a member of the Nazi party, while his newspapers advanced Nazi ideology. As a result, the publishing house was among the only private ones in Germany whose operations were never outlawed by Hitler. In 1944, he received a prestigious decoration – the same kind also awarded to Gestapo Chief Heinrich Himmler – because he continued to publish newspapers despite heavy allied bombings.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,734 ... 89,00.html

For their antisemitic pro BDS report, The American Nazi leader, David Duke (former Grand Wizard of KKK) is fan. In response the American editor of Atlantic is canceling his subscription to Haaretz

Hindsite wrote:My excuse is that I don't know if it is true or not. It may be Fake News for all I know and it seems more like leftist propaganda than real news. And the Israeli Haaretz newspaper has a left wing political reputation and a tendency to publish articles to incite conflicts.

Well I can see why Godstud entertains certain opinions about you.

TimesofIsrael. Same story.

IsraelHayom. Same story.

And many others if you bothered half as much looking in to the facts instead of looking how to disparage Haaretz and yourself along the way. Besides noir is celebrating the confiscations and calling the Christian Churches, "thieves that got what they deserved" and that their extinction is "historical justice". Did you miss that too?

noir referring to the Anglican, Orthodox and Catholics wrote:These Islamo Christian Dhimmi Arabs are even encouraging suicide bombing and jihad against Israel. Thank's God, they are finally disappearing
noemon wrote:Well I can see why Godstud entertains certain opinions about you.

TimesofIsrael. Same story.

IsraelHayom. Same story.

And many others if you bothered half as much looking in to the facts instead of looking how to disparage Haaretz and yourself along the way. Besides noir is celebrating the confiscations and calling the Christian Churches, "thieves that got what they deserved" and that their extinction is "historical justice". Did you miss that too?

I missed a lot of things that happen in Jerusalem, since I do not live there. But thanks for the links to those articles which explains the dispute in a more balanced way that I can believe. For one thing, your second story states the following:

The move will not apply to actual houses of worship, which are exempt from municipal property taxes, but to assets owned by the churches that are used for purposes other than prayer, some of them commercial.

Now that I can understand and support because that seems to be the way the court ruled. The law is the law, right?

I just quit reading when you started talking abou[…]

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]