Venezuela opposition banned from running in 2018 election - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Sivad wrote:Multiple sources. I read all the imperialist financial rags but they seem to be confirming what I'm reading in Caracas Chronicles and what I'm hearing from Venezuelans on reddit and other social media.

You should try attaching those multiple sources when commenting about them/Venezuela.
Rancid wrote::lol: I didn't know that! Again though not surprised.

I'm not going to say I guessed that because I'm smart. I read a wonderful book called something like "The Dictators Handbook: how bad behavior is almost always good." It's backed by like 20-30 years of research. It spells out all the wonderful ways Dictators, Elites of Democracies, and CEOs conspire to screw over everyone for their personal benefit, and for the benefit of their inner circles. Great read, I strongly recommend it.

One of the main tenants is, you have to stop viewing geopolitics as Allies Versus Enemies, or patriotism, or nationalist, etc. etc. All of those things are convenient fictions to get us to go long with all the dirty shit out leaders do every day. Ultimately, dictators and elected leaders only do what allows them to keep power. nothing else matters, not principles, not your fellow countrymen, nothing. Fuck them all.

There is just tons of research backing this all up. A lot of it is cited in the book.

Yeah, good scholarship will elucidate the mechanics of it, but I don't think we need a phd to tell us that thre's very little altruism in geopolitics and that nation states are entirely out for themselves.

Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll check it out.
skinster wrote:
You should try attaching those multiple sources when commenting about them/Venezuela.

Quick google search:
https://www.csis.org/analysis/when-investment-hurts-chinese-influence-venezuela
"one-sided financial agreement"

Effectively, Maduro is selling out Venezuela.

Why is it so hard to believe that the ruling party is in it for themselves?

Sivad wrote:Yeah, good scholarship will elucidate the mechanics of it, but I don't think we need a phd to tell us that thre's very little altruism in geopolitics and that nation states are entirely out for themselves.

True.
Rancid wrote:Effectively, Maduro is selling out Venezuela.

If this were the case, all of America's banksters would be buying it.

But the reason that the CIA, NED, and other USA terror organizations are funding terror campaigns in Venezuela (and Nicaragua) is because their leaders REFUSE to sell off their countries.

Macri in Argentina is selling out and borrowing money from the IMF that will never be paid back - enslaving Argentinians to bankster usury forever... which is why Macri is getting a free pass in our media.

To understand Western media, you have to study organized crime and propaganda.
QatzelOk wrote:If this were the case, all of America's banksters would be buying it.

They most certainly want to buy Venezuela. They have just failed to put in people that are favorable to the US.

QatzelOk wrote:But the reason that the CIA, NED, and other USA terror organizations are funding terror campaigns in Venezuela (and Nicaragua) is because their leaders REFUSE to sell off their countries.

Of course! Agree 100%

QatzelOk wrote:Macri in Argentina is selling out and borrowing money from the IMF that will never be paid back - enslaving Argentinians to bankster usury forever... which is why Macri is getting a free pass in our media.

Indeed! That's the game!

QatzelOk wrote:To understand Western media, you have to study organized crime and propaganda.

Yes!

No one is innocent! That's what's so beautiful about this! If it's not the US, it's China. If not China, then Russia. If not Russia then the UK, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

To the world elites, the whole planet is one big ass chess board.
skinster wrote:Source?

I think your font is some sort of parody or a ironic joke to contrast reality. Is offensive to say Maduro has any sort of support, you're dancing in 200.000 dead bodies of Venezuelans. From the comfort of your home, to validate absurd theories you have, you are using the millions of Venezuelans who cross Brazil's and Colombian borders to either be refugees or by food and medicine, you are laughing at these people from your house because unlike them you don't have to stay in line for 10 hours to buy medicine for your kid or yourself, unlike them you don't have to go all the way to Brazil to buy food for your family.

You can be left, right or center, but no decent human being can put indecent Governments and ideologies above human rights, civil rights.

People like you disgust me.
Politiks wrote:I think your font is some sort of parody or a ironic joke to contrast reality. Is offensive to say Maduro has any sort of support, you're dancing in 200.000 dead bodies of Venezuelans. From the comfort of your home, to validate absurd theories you have, you are using the millions of Venezuelans who cross Brazil's and Colombian borders to either be refugees or by food and medicine, you are laughing at these people from your house because unlike them you don't have to stay in line for 10 hours to buy medicine for your kid or yourself, unlike them you don't have to go all the way to Brazil to buy food for your family.

You can be left, right or center, but no decent human being can put indecent Governments and ideologies above human rights, civil rights.

People like you disgust me.

I agree that all of this is horrible for Venezuelans. However, let's hypothetically say that Skinster supported the opposition rather than Maduro. I think everything you said would equally stand.

No matter who you support, Venezuelans will lose. There's just no way around this.
Rancid wrote:I agree that all of this is horrible for Venezuelans. However, let's hypothetically say that Skinster supported the opposition rather than Maduro. I think everything you said would equally stand.

No matter who you support, Venezuelans will lose. There's just no way around this.

No doubt, it's a war between fascists and gulagists and the people of Venezuela are caught in the middle.
Politiks wrote:People like you disgust me.

Thanks for this and your rant. I'm in support of the people of Venezuela, the majority who support their government, despite outside forces doing their utmost to destroy them economically and politically.

It's really just funny, people ITT pretending Venezuela's problems are due to its "mismanagement" first rather than imperialist forces who've spent many years trying to destabilize the country.

Useful idiots.
skinster wrote:Thanks for this and your rant. I'm in support of the people of Venezuela, the majority who support their government, despite outside forces doing their utmost to destroy them economically and politically.

It's really just funny, people ITT pretending Venezuela's problems are due to its "mismanagement" first rather than imperialist forces who've spent many years trying to destabilize the country.

Useful idiots.

Says the useful idiot who doesn't even speak Spanish, has no idea whom Venezuelans support, has no idea what Triple A is and why is one of the main reasons Venezuela is being target. Problems in Venezuela will increase if not handled by Mercosur countries, mainly Brazil and Argentina.

You know nothing because nothing you write is based on facts, only based in your own delusional ideas. Against facts there's no arguments or feelings.

Coincidentally, this podcast popped up on my phone on my drive home from work today.
https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/08/03/635521893/episode-858-venezuelas-fugitive-money-traders

It's called "Venezuelas fugitive money traders"

It was very interesting. Basically it just follows some people in Mexico that started to offer a means for Venezuelans to trade their Bolivars for other currencies. Most people were buying dollars this way. The exchange rate was free floating and was worse than the magical rate that Maduro dictated. Of course the government didn't like this, so some of the people that work for this company in Venezuela had to leave Venezuela. They are wanted on terrorism and some other shit.

The one very interesting part of this podcast is this. The question was asked "Who on earth was buying the Bolivars, given that they are worthless and highly inflating?" Turns out, it's people with close ties to the government that have access to the magical fixed exchange rate that Maduro has dictated. Basically, it means, they can make money by buying Bolivars cheap from people on the floating exchange, and then turn around and use the restricted government rate to get dollars back. Netting a nice profit.

The game!!! the game!!! It must be WOOOOOONDER being a government/business elite. Right wing or left wing!!

Loves me the syndicate!
Rancid wrote:That's the book I have!

it completely changed the way I view governments and politicians.

It sounds really interesting, I'm definitely going to download and listen to it on my commute. Right now I'm listening to Infinite Jest but that one is next in the queue.
skinster wrote:There's a massive difference between allies and enemies, Rancito.

The Chinese are allies to the regime, not the country about which they don't care at all. They are interested in its natural resources only, so they're not different from the Americans in that respect.

However, Venezuela must be blessed indeed that a highly unprofessional assassination attempt failed to even harm such a great and competent leader as comrade Maduro.
Beren wrote:The Chinese are allies to the regime, not the country about which they don't care at all. They are interested in its natural resources only, so they're not different from the Americans in that respect.

However, Venezuela must be blessed indeed that a highly unprofessional assassination attempt failed to even harm such a great and competent leader as comrade Maduro.

Maduro likely faked the so called attempt of assassination. Did you saw the video?? Was amazing and hilarious. All his men ran away and the few close to him trying to protect him with yoga like mattress.

Source? I think Iran only communicated the end […]

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]