Trump to NASA: We're going back to the Moon - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote:Trump cuts NASA spending them makes grandiose announcements. Asinine.

Funding was cut in relation to current programs, not this one, and I would guess also because of the revival of the National Space Council as a separate body. That probably cut NASA's administration costs.

More is probably being spent overall, especially with the second revival of the separate NASC(as it was originally named) group.
colliric wrote:http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/us-president-donald-trump-directs-nasa-to-send-astronauts-to-the-moon-for-first-time-in-decades/news-story/73ec349a0308b07e3da24c3df98a31eb

Sweet yeah! Can't wait to see the return on live TV!

Now Mr "we've been there already" Obama has been retired, the moon is back in the picture. Another President George Bush Jr promise that President Donald Trump looks set to deliver.

We are finally going to see more Americans going back to the Moon after too long a wait. The moon is going to feature in the Mars mission too. Obama's legacy looks set to be totally trashed. Now he looks like "the one that got in NASA's way".

And thus the Sheeple are kept content with Press releases.

Trump says a lot of stuff.

Trump deliver what?

<crickets>
Trump lives in the past and thrives on past glories. Trump's always about what he did. He's the guy at the bar who made one great football catch in high school, and talks about it forever.
Back to the moon means back to Hollywood studios? I mean, technology is 1000 times more advanced now so I'm pretty sure they can create better videos. What was the excuse over the footage again? NASA erased because they needed to use the tape with the moon landing ? Couldn't afford another tape?
:roll: Are you one of those brilliant people who think the moon landing was fakes? You do realize that the technology to even fake a moon landing wasn't around in 1969, right?
Godstud wrote:Trump lives in the past and thrives on past glories. Trump's always about what he did. He's the guy at the bar who made one great football catch in high school, and talks about it forever.

This particular development is traditional Republican policy given it was basically Reagan's policy(created the first revival of the NASC under its new NSC name, for the purpose of reviving the stagnating moon mission), then Bush Sr's 1988-1992 policy(was hopeful two terms would get it done, lost after the first), then Bush Jr revived it too late into his presidency without the NSC and simply NASA doing everything, then Trump has returned to Reagan's original proposal.

This is a traditional Republican policy(ironically inspired by JFK's approach) of the last three Republican Presidencies that Trump has successfully gotten rolling early enough into his administration that it will finally be too difficult for the next dickhead democrat to stupidly undo.

My point, this is one particular case where he's living in the past of traditional Republican policy. This is not his creation. It's Reagan's...if you've got a problem take it up with the Gipper.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Even though he's cutting finding NASA to an all-time low, I'm sure feelings about Trump will get us to the moon for no apparent reason at all.

I know...right?

It's almost like watching an abusive relationship between a slave and his master....watching the way the Trump supporter continuously believes what Trump is saying when the actions point in the opposite direction.
Godstud wrote::roll: Are you one of those brilliant people who think the moon landing was fakes? You do realize that the technology to even fake a moon landing wasn't around in 1969, right?

I don't doubt they went to the moon but I do have doubts they landed. Are you one of those brilliant people who still believes in USA's propaganda? The technology to fake moon land wasn't available in 1969 according to 2017 standards. Or do you think they had Ultra HD TV back in 69??

Are you one of those intelligent people who think people who work at NASA would erase the moon landing by mistake because they needed to reuse a tape? Are you telling me you believe humans who keep their history in museums, who keep a bunch of bones of mortal rests of ancestors in museum would erase the single biggest accomplishment of human kind? And such error would be committed by NASA from all places? :roll:

Last edited by Politiks on 13 Dec 2017 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
It would be nice if we had a seated NASA administrator.
The current stooge was nominated on 9/1/17 (9 months into the term) and has yet to be approved by Congress. He's a 42 y/o climate denier who seems to be a big-time space honk. Its a shame the budget is being trimmed.

It would be nice to get the exploration of Space underway again. Trump isn't a man to start with; much less the man for the job.
4cal wrote:.
It would be nice to get the exploration of Space underway again. Trump isn't a man to start with; much less the man for the job.

Yet he's the man whose doing it because the Democrats are obstructionists now when it comes to space exploration.
"Oh it's gonna cost too much"
"Oh we've been there before"
"Oh Russia and China can have their go now, we don't need to be competitive"

Reagan(planned for it, legislated it)
Bush(tried to enact the plan, stopped by Clinton)
Bush Jr (Revived it as a second term development hopeful the next President would keep it going... the next President was instead an idiot)
Trump(Third times a charm!)

All tried to get this Republican policy off the ground, the last is going to succeed.
Trump is a fool. The US do like to waste money and seem to be oblivious to the fact that the system that is keeping the Dollar from collapsing is quite precarious indeed. Is there any monetary value in going to the moon? No. Are the US taking their debt seriously? No. How do the US plan on paying for this? More printed money I suspect. I'm all for investing to make money, but not vanity projects. The quicker Trump is impeached, the quicker America can become great again.
I have little doubt the budget for space science has overall not been actually cut. NASA has probably simply been brought back under the purview of the NSC, as legislated by Reagan, and which has been reformed.

No doubt this probably will affect NASA's costs most likely having less administrative work. NASA has not had to operate under this hierarchical framework since 1992. Basically NASA is reporting to their old superior body yet again.

NASA didn't seem to bitch about the cuts, they were probably prepared for the NSC's reform meaning the space budget would have to be altered.
Right... because NASA can do a lot about it if the President cuts their budget.

Also, you're wrong about it not being cut. If you think that NASA doesn't shuffle their money around according to their missions, then you're dreaming.

White House proposes $19.1 billion NASA budget, cuts Earth science and education
http://spacenews.com/white-house-propos ... education/
colliric wrote:Yet he's the man whose doing it because the Democrats are obstructionists now when it comes to space exploration.
"Oh it's gonna cost too much"
"Oh we've been there before"
"Oh Russia and China can have their go now, we don't need to be competitive"

Reagan(planned for it, legislated it)
Bush(tried to enact the plan, stopped by Clinton)
Bush Jr (Revived it as a second term development hopeful the next President would keep it going... the next President was instead an idiot)
Trump(Third times a charm!)

All tried to get this Republican policy off the ground, the last is going to succeed.

Well, based on such proven business principles as "the third times the charm!", we can't lose!! LOL. I don't know where your ignorance starts but it is expansive enough to not understand the sheer costs involved. While you're cutting taxes, you're not expanding governmental programs. And do yourself a favor...save the "he never said it would be a governmental program" argument; private industry has no interest in moon bases much less covering the costs of the endeavor.

When there is a budget commensurate with the task at hand; when there are vehicles in production to land on the moon, and when we have, you know, a mission besides just going there to be going there again....lets chat. So far, the wall between Mexico and the US pipe dream is beating the return to the moon pipe dream by a nose; and we all know that it will never be built...especially now that the Senate is almost equally divided

Do you see Oct 7 as "legitimate resistance&q[…]

BRICS will fail

https://youtu.be/M0JVAxrlA1A?si=oCaDb2mXFwgdzuEt B[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]