The FBI makes The Three Stooges look like Professors in comparison.... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

So in your mind you've debunked all the Presidents, politicians, whistleblowers, journalists, and academics who from experience, investigation, and study say that there is an unelected and largely unaccountable power structure within the government that wields enormous power and influence behind the scenes?

No, I totally agree that there are government employees.

Again, I just don’t see evidence for a conspiracy. I have a brother that’s a fed, as is his wife. There’s never a shadowy guy with a briefcase at their house explaining how to best conspiracy against Trump.

Usually he’s bored because he’s supposed to regulate white collar crime and that’s not a priority for this administration, and she rolls her eyes about having to go through regulations to cut for drug safety (they have to cut two for every new regulation).

I suppose you could say there’s a bit of a conspiracy in that it’s been discussed to cut marijuana regulations in that department so that a certain new poison that’s used in cheap vitamins can be regulated out. But the new boss said that won’t be allowed to happen.

But government employees are just employees, not some kind of conspiracy mongers.

This whole issue is mostly more conservative whining that a Democrat would dare to investigate a Republican; while Republicans should not only investigate Republicans, but also Democrats.

As for the FBI being “pretty open” about suppressing the left, you’d be pretty naive to think that they weren’t doing it, even when COINTELPRO was classified.
I don't agree.

Technically a person joining a public service organization is legally not meant to be publicly politically affiliated here in Australia. They could lose their job if it's discovered they are a member of a political organization. You are not meant to reveal and be proud of a political affiliation.

I would assume it's similar in the US?

Simple solution is to hire swinging voters, partisan voters smart enough not to do what this idiot did and make it public, or people not interested in politics.

The FBI acts rogue, it acts to protect itself and it's budget. Hence it has been antagonist to both sides of politics.
colliric wrote:I don't agree.

Technically a person joining a public service organization is legally not meant to be publicly politically affiliated here in Australia. They could lose their job if it's discovered they are a member of a political organization. You are not meant to reveal and be proud of a political affiliation.

I would assume it's similar in the US?

You can absolutely be a member of a political organization in the US and part of public service.

Simple solution is to hire swinging voters, partisan voters smart enough not to do what this idiot did and make it public, or people not interested in politics.

In the United States this would violate the freedom of speech that the right is so interested in protecting for Nazis at the moment. I suppose it's only Nazis they're worried about.

The FBI acts rogue, it acts to protect itself and it's budget. Hence it has been antagonist to both sides of politics.

The FBI is a very conservative organization. It was established to be one, and it is almost all middle aged white men with military backgrounds.

I assure you, there is no secret leftwing plot in its midst.
Sivad wrote:
So in your mind you've debunked all the Presidents, politicians, whistleblowers, journalists, and academics who from experience, investigation, and study say that there is an unelected and largely unaccountable power structure within the government that wields enormous power and influence behind the scenes?

Mike Lofgren, a congressional staff member for 28 years, joins Bill Moyers to talk about what he calls Washington's "Deep State," in which elected and unelected figures collude to protect and serve powerful vested interests. "It is how we had deregulation, financialization of the economy, the Wall Street bust, the erosion or our civil liberties and perpetual war," Lofgren tells Moyers.

It is 100% true that if he wanted to, President Trump could recall all of our troops from the battlefields this very minute. That he hasn't would indicate (or at least should) to the conspiracy looney birds that he is part of the "deep state"; whatever the hell that is.
The Immortal Goon wrote:You can absolutely be a member of a political organization in the US and part of public service.

In the United States this would violate the freedom of speech that the right is so interested in protecting for Nazis at the moment. I suppose it's only Nazis they're worried about.

The FBI is a very conservative organization. It was established to be one, and it is almost all middle aged white men with military backgrounds.

I assure you, there is no secret leftwing plot in its midst.

The continuous drum beat to belittle the FBI on the part of Trumpers certainly speaks to the amount of worry they have about the organization discovering the truth. As Penn (of Penn and Teller) once said about our President; "No matter how dirty you think he is, he's much dirtier". As time goes on, more will come out. He's starting to slur his speech so I think the pressure of the office is starting to wear away at his faculties.
Which is normal for Presidents anyway....

In 8 years Obama turned near totally grey.

Bush Jr could barely put a comprehensive sentence together at the end.

Clinton went wrinkly gezer...

And Bush Sr looker alot older than Trump, and acted alot older too... Remember his Ye Old Man Out Of Touch With Society criticism of The Simpsons?

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]