Trump Administration is preparing to strike North Korea - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:Savage Americans who love war but won't partake in it, please play video games instead.

I'd love to go and fight with the Lebanese phalangists if they were still a serious force of freedom fighters.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/NatCounterPunch/status/946894448448847872

My grandfather was a journalist for the Army Times, and I once found an article of his in a database, in which he characterized the end of the Korean War as America's first real military defeat.

I'm thankful to have such perspective, although I've studied the issue of North Korea (and been to the DMZ, and can read and write Korean) to have my own pretty decent grounding on it all.
Deutschmania wrote:No , it was actually the United States and South Korea that was responsible for the Korean War.

No it was the North Korean regime. To some degree even Stalin and Mao were manipulated into the war by Kim. It can certainly be argued that America forced Japan into war in 1941, that was not the case with Korea, where the South Korean regime and the US were totally unprepared.

Of course it it hadn't been for the Commie lover FDR and his unconditional surrender policy we wouldn't have this problem.
Tensions between North Korea and the US remain high - despite a breakthrough with talks between South Korea and their communist neighbours.

According to the reports, General McMaster has been probing support for a sudden blitz on the North Korean state as a way for the US to "reassert itself" on the world stage.

The bloody nose strike would involve a limited US strike on North Korea as a warning shot and a way to damage specific missile sites.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/90 ... strike-WW3

If North Korea keeps firing missiles throughout this year like Hezbollah did during Operation Cast Lead, the UN Security Council may back a military solution. Either way, both China and Russia need to be consulted by the Trump administration before launching a military strike against North Korea, which would prevent an unwanted escalation. President Bush's biggest mistake was going it alone after the UN Security Council refused to endorse the US-UK invasion and occupation of Iraq in March 2003. I really like this limited strike option.
The United States of America would be on shaky legal ground if it engaged in military action against the PRNK because of that nation's nuclear armaments program. The PRNK is one of 5 nations not covered by the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty and has, therefore, no responsibilities under its provisions. The remaining UN provisions which might apply to the PRNK relate to how such weapons are used, not to their existence.
There's always a few people who believe the hype every single time the noisy drums of hype are furiously worked on. Conversely, there's always a few people who think regional peace is imminent whenever two opposing, rival nations do something in tandem or work together on something, while ignoring the geopolitical reality of their diametrically opposed positions. Within the last month we've seen both of these scenarios play out, and we've seen people ignore reason and get carried away with emotional nonsense both times.
The US doesn't want peace between North and South Korea.

Pence will try to disrupt normalization of North Korea at the Olympics
Vice President Mike Pence will deride any notion of normalizing North Korea's relationships with the outside world while he leads the US delegation at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, this week.

During the games, Pence will "make clear that the maximum pressure of the Kim regime will only intensify," a White House official told reporters, adding that the vice president "will not allow the North Korean regime to highjack messaging of Olympics with propaganda."

"You'll see (Pence) highlight reality of what's happening in North Korea, despite propaganda tactics," the official said.

Axios reported that an aide made similar remarks earlier this week.

North and South Korea agreed to send a North Korean delegation to the Olympics. Both countries' athletes will march under a unified flag during the opening ceremony on Friday, athletes from the two countries will train together before the Olympics begin, and a joint North and South Korean women's ice hockey team will compete during the games.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/04/politics/ ... index.html

If you read anything from an era when humans we[…]

How could have Israel stopped Hamas from infiltrat[…]

And we see another example of a so called centris[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]