Price protests turn political in Iran as rallies spread - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

noir, it's only fair that Israel gets all the clouds and rain. That's how God wanted it to be when he spoke to shepherds about how the earth should be managed.
In fact, Israel also suffers five successive years of drought. Iran has much more rain and they had snow too which Israel hadn't this year. They are using old tactic to divert the blame on scapegoat.

This deranged propaganda is not going to help them. Iranians chanting "Death to Palestine!". Reference to Iranian money which is currently paying the Gazans self inflicted "martyrs" (shahids) and oiling the ongoing Pallywood theater on Gaza Israel border.

noir wrote:Killing a Sunni Arab Iranian protestor (most of the Iranians are non Arabs Shia).

Very sad, This looks like some kind of planned police hit squad. Another step towards the restoration of the "Shah." :excited: Then, perhaps, Allah will make it rain …

Zam
@Zamuel
One of the reason that no Sunni Arab state helped their Palestinian brethren during the recent staged conflict was because they are seen as traitors to the Sunna and Iranian stooges.

On the other side, the Iranians are merchants people. The chanting "Death to Palestine" shows they are not impressed by their newly found Sunni Arab allies (the Palestinians) and not eager to pay for their martyrdom circus.
noir wrote:@Zamuel One of the reason that no Sunni Arab state helped their Palestinian brethren during the recent staged conflict was because they are seen as traitors to the Sunna and Iranian stooges.

On the other side, the Iranians are merchants people. The chanting "Death to Palestine" shows they are not impressed by their newly found Sunni Arab allies (the Palestinians) and not eager to pay for their martyrdom circus.

For sure, I think though there may be deeper implications, a rejection of clerical policies, an undertone of support for Israel (with whom Iran was once fast friends) and down deep, a desire for peaceful coexistence and an end to aggressive Islamist foreign policy. All of which could easily be funneled into a "return of the Shah" movement.

Zam ;)
noir wrote:Hard to believe it's anything to do with sympathy to Israel. These people are losing their entire life savings and buisnesses for some remote conflicts.

I think Iranians and ME peoples in general have a much greater appreciation of how the Palestinian conflict continues the active tradition of war on Israel that destabilize their lives. It's the background reason for their financial woes. I think many of them are tired of it.

Zam :smokin:
Zamuel wrote:I think Iranians and ME peoples in general have a much greater appreciation of how the Palestinian conflict continues the active tradition of war on Israel that destabilize their lives. It's the background reason for their financial woes. I think many of them are tired of it.

Zam :smokin:

Indeed. Most of the people in the region appreciate how restraint is the IDF in the face of tremendous provocation of the "Palestinians".
@Zamuel

Very sad, This looks like some kind of planned police hit squad. Another step towards the restoration of the "Shah." :excited: Then, perhaps, Allah will make it rain …

The Shah is Shia, and a looney one at that.

For sure, I think though there may be deeper implications, a rejection of clerical policies, an undertone of support for Israel (with whom Iran was once fast friends) and down deep, a desire for peaceful coexistence and an end to aggressive Islamist foreign policy. All of which could easily be funneled into a "return of the Shah" movement.

>When you're so out of touch with the Iranian public that you think the Iranian public wants re-install it's absolute monarchy

:lol:

There is a higher chance of Iran getting a social democratic parliamentary republic than any absolute monarchy (you know, like it was about to be before the CIA killed off Iran's democratically elected president). You continue to romanticize the Shah and pretend as if any flaws he had are irrelevant. Ironically, you are committing the same flaws you attribute to Muslims in that you completely remove a particular historical figure's flaws and attribute only positive qualities to them.

Furthermore, Iran even after the Islamic republic's creation wanted to have good ties with Israel until Israel cut them off. Co-existence with Israel would only happen if Israel wants it. The only way that would be possible is if Iran completely screwed itself and it's interests as it is only then would Israel even consider diplomatic relations. Current Iranian public opinion towards Israel is also negative especially amongst the young. You seem to forget that those oppressed always sympathize with those who also suffer oppression. America sympathized with the French Revolution and Iran sympathized with the Palestinian cause.
noir wrote:Until someone strikes on their pockets.

The Iranian people have little idea -what- they want until someone tells them and makes it worth their while. (this is quite apparent in 20th century history). They do however have volatile opinons about what they - don't - want (anything that restricts their personal fortune or lifestyle.) Historically, doing business with Jews and Israel has been very rewarding.

It is not the people of Iran that conflict with Israel, it is their clerical leadership that maintains that tension. They support Hezbollah, and now even Hamas. But the ayatollahs are not enticing the population with $$$ and imported goods. They are now calling for sacrifice. It's not working.

As is, America need not attack Iran, just wait for it to implode and then pick up the pieces. If there is enough $$$ behind it, another restoration of the monarchy is easily possible.

Zam 8)

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseite[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]