Price protests turn political in Iran as rallies spread - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Rugoz

This is really fucking interesting. Thank you for providing actual data instead of making baseless claims. You are truly a beacon of hope in this train-wreck of a thread. I do have to admit that I was wrong about the abysmal literacy rates of Shah's Iran so I apologize in that regard. My sources for such knowledge came from a really old study done by an American anthropologist (Walter something and someone else) which I read during college. It was probably very shady to begin with but I wasn't so sure. I'll try to find it after I get home from work.

Btw, don't defend his points for him. You don't need to do any work for anyone.
@Oxymandias

The Israelis don't hate the Iranians. There is a huge Parsi Jews community in Israel. There were a time when the president, the commander of the Israeli air force, the leader of opposition and the national singer were all Iranian born Israelis. Iran rules.

Teheran born, Rita Yahan-Farouz sings the Israeli anthem on independence eve ceremony.

@Rugoz

It doesn't really matter. Don't try to defend another person's beliefs because they are unwilling to do so themselves.

@noir

Then why did Israel refuse all positive diplomatic relations with Iran?

Also I was laughing at the coin. To compare Trump with Cyrus is simply bad taste.
Last edited by Oxymandias on 11 May 2018 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rugoz wrote:Maybe it would help if you provided some evidence for your claim.

May be it would help if you reviewed this thread … you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Zam
@Zamuel

Zam you haven't done anything but make up stories about the Shah to the extent that it implies a level knowledge of the Shah's personal life you could not possible have. You also haven't given me a single link or reference that supports such claims either.

It seems that you need to review the thread, not Rugoz.

@noir

Iran, particularly Rouhani, has attempted to have good diplomatic relations with Israel for years. Israel has refused such attempts.
@Zionist Nationalist

During the 80s and 90s, relations between Israel and Iran were friendly with Israel calling Iran "Israel's best friend". This was due to efforts by President Khatami along with the rest of the Iranian population. However the US was against any relations between them which is why Israel drew away from any diplomatic offerings. So yes, it is Israel who is against any good diplomatic relations with Iran.
noir wrote:You see you don't have free media. It's the other way around. You hava fanatic leadership

It's nice to know there are a few other informed people on Pofo.

@Rugoz
It's not even work, it's 5 minutes of using Google. People write walls of text but apparently using Google for 5 minutes is too difficult.

That's 5 min that a certain argumentative type is unwilling to invest in his own education. If you wish to pander to him, be my guest.

@all
Under the Shah, relations with Israel were cordial. A Jewish community thrived in Tehran. He was the first ME leader to recognize Israel as a legitimate state. The two countries militaries even engaged in joint projects. Of course that all ended with the revolution and the new official state agenda proclaimed by the Iranian clerics. Here's an informative video that explains why Israel and Iran are now enemies.

Zam :hmm:
Oxymandias wrote:@Zionist Nationalist

During the 80s and 90s, relations between Israel and Iran were friendly with Israel calling Iran "Israel's best friend". This was due to efforts by President Khatami along with the rest of the Iranian population. However the US was against any relations between them which is why Israel drew away from any diplomatic offerings. So yes, it is Israel who is against any good diplomatic relations with Iran.

It's all started with the Iranian long range missile prade with the writing Death to Israel. Since then Israel has been on Iranian tail.

It was also the mistake of Saddam. Suddenly out of nowhere in 3 April 1990, Sadam threaten to "burn half of Israel" with his chemical weapon. It's unclear why he did it since the Israeli PM at that time Yithahak Shamir had a secret contact with him in Geneva. In August at that year he invaded Kuwait, and ever since Israel was on his tail until he was hanged. Before he was hanged he recognized these course of events.
@noir

That was during 1991, when Israel's rhetoric switched from supporting Iran to vehemently opposing it. Rabin himself was quoted to have said that the Islamic regime was "worse than Hitler". It is clear that Israel started anti-Iranian rhetoric, not the other way around.

@Zamuel

I won't defend your beliefs for you. That is something you are responsible for, not me.
Iranian attitude towards Israel is enigma. No one knows why the Mullahs hate Israel so much and why the founder of the Islamic Republic Ayatollah Khomeini didn't. Many current antisemitc themes in the Arab and Islamic world were introduced by Nazi Germany during the war. Surprisingly, Ayatollah Khomeini denounced the “Hitlerite ideology” (maram- i Hitleri) as “the most poisonous and heinous product of the human mind.”

Excerpt

Among the listeners of Radio Berlin in Iran is said to have been the young mullah Ruhollah Musavi, in the holy city of Qum. Every evening, Musavi, who had a radio set built by the British manufacturer Pye, apparently hosted numerous mullahs and seminary students who came to his house to listen to Zeesen’s Persian service. Mullah Musavi, who later became known to the world as Ayatollah Khomeini, seemed little impressed by the German program. In 1942 he published the tract Kashf al- Asrar (The Revealing of Secrets), his first political statement, in which he not only agitated against the antireligious polemics of the Pahlavi state and called for rule on the principles of Islam but also raged against oppressive regimes more generally, denouncing the “Hitlerite ideology” (maram- i Hitleri) as “the most poisonous and heinous product of the human mind.” Some other younger clerics had more pro- German leanings, most famously the ardent anti- imperialist Ayatollah Abu al- Qasem Kashani, whose father, the late Ayatollah Mostafa Kashani, had died fighting British troops in southern Iraq during the jihad of the First World War, and who, in 1943, was arrested for pro- German activities by British authorities. The conservative clerical establishment in Iran, however, abstained from politics, resigned to their seminaries.

Source: David Motadel Islam and Nazi Germany War
noir wrote:Surprisingly, Ayatollah Khomeini denounced the “Hitlerite ideology” (maram- i Hitleri) as “the most poisonous and heinous product of the human mind.”

Not really so surprising when you consider the obvious analogy - if they can do it to Jews, they can do it to Muslims.

@Rugoz
I won't defend your beliefs for you.

Did someone ask you too ?

Zam
@noir

I just told you, because Israel effectively refused all diplomatic negotiations in favor of the US since America didn't like the regime. The reason why America didn't like the regime is due to it's nationalization of oil along with refusing to cooperate with American interests.

On another note, this also solidifies Israel as an American puppet. Without the US, Israel would fade away from existence. So even if Iran tried it's hardest to have good diplomatic relations with Israel, Israel would still refuse any offerings from Iran because the US wouldn't like that. How does it feel to not even be able to control your own future?

@Zamuel

Hey, you're the one telling me to confirm your claims. If that isn't asking someone to defend your own beliefs I don't know what is.

Also you pinged the wrong person.
Zamuel wrote:Not really so surprising when you consider the obvious analogy - if they can do it to Jews, they can do it to Muslims.

Zam

@Zamuel

This is a reasonable mind. But he was almost the sole Muslim voice who thought that way. It's quite surprising to hear a reasonable and moral Muslim cleric.
Oxymandias wrote:Hey, you're the one telling me to confirm your claims.

I told you to educate yourself. But that requires an open mind ...

Also you pinged the wrong person.

Oooops.

Zam

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]