Nigel Farage calls for fresh Brexit referendum to 'kill off' issue - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beren wrote:Brexit is already a success as a great lesson to everyone.

Brexit has given the EU a great boost in every respect: approval ratings are up, the economy is booming, European integration is making good progress ... while the UK goes from bad to worse.

Perhaps we just misunderstood Farage all these years. When he talked about destroying the Union, he didn't mean the European Union, he meant the Union between England and Scotland.

Once you jumped off the cliff, there is no way back. I wonder if it's true of America as well.

Some of the damage has already been done, even before jumping. It could take decades to repair the damage; especially the downturn in investment and productivity are hard to mend.

I think the US can recover from Trump, but US hegemony will suffer a lasting setback.

Rich wrote:If Brexit is bad for Britain then Scexit would be far, far worse for Scotland. Scottish nationalist parasites thought they could get Britain to subsidise them, while making a race for the bottom on taxes for the rich. the mood's changed, the English are starting to wake up.

I don't think it's a fair comparison. While the Union with England concentrates most economic, cultural, etc. activity in the greater London area, the EU does no such thing to the UK. On the contrary, London has prospered as a financial and trading center exactly because it is part of the single market.

Rugoz wrote:You know what the EU is missing? The bomb!

Bombs are for retards, gentlemen use financial regulations. :lol:

Yes, we know you believe Amit Soussana is a liar ([…]

Do you get paid a certain amount of money for ev[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]