US ambassador to Panama resigns because he can 'no longer work for Trump' - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Trump's Insults Will Nudge African Nations Closer To China
https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/ ... r-to-china

Last week President Trump reportedly singled out Haiti, El Salvador and African nations as "shithole countries" whose people were not the kind of immigrants the United States wanted. At the time, I happened to be in Serekunda, Gambia's largest urban area, as Trump's slur shocked people across Africa. The anger was palpable.

Trump denied saying it, but the reports led to a cascade of swift condemnation, including a United Nations spokesman describing the president's comments as "racist." The African Union, an organization of 55 nations, expressed "outrage" and said it "strongly believes that there is a huge misunderstanding of the African continent and its people by the current [U.S.] administration."

But as the fallout continues, there is something missing from the conversation: Trump's alleged vulgar insult comes at a time of strategic shift in Africa — toward China. In the past few weeks I have been on the ground in West Africa, and everywhere I have gone I have seen the presence of China.

As America has become an increasingly unwelcoming place for young Africans, they look elsewhere in search of a better life. Last week I visited the Confucius Institute in Dakar, a huge building located on the grounds of Senegal's University of Dakar. I spent time with students from across Africa coming to learn Mandarin as a way to land a dream job in China or take a slice from the growing Chinese presence in every corner of the continent.

This is the shit I mean. While it makes you warm and fuzzy to call people names, however accurate, every statement has an impact, and long term, we're shooting ourselves in the foot (and by that I mean Trump is shooting me in the foot)
@Tainari88 But, if only there was a single truth to be told. Sometimes the best that can be done is to foster doubt in the minds of the convinced. Possibly it is the case that is what I am doing by saying Trump spoke the truth. He did, but in what way? Maybe he just spoke the truth about what he believes...for once.

Anyway, I suggest you chat with Wesley on this forum if you want a better understand of truth.
foxdemon wrote:@Tainari88 But, if only there was a single truth to be told. Sometimes the best that can be done is to foster doubt in the minds of the convinced. Possibly it is the case that is what I am doing by saying Trump spoke the truth. He did, but in what way? Maybe he just spoke the truth about what he believes...for once.

Anyway, I suggest you chat with Wesley on this forum if you want a better understand of truth.

Foxdemon, I don't know who Wesley is. I know who you are.

Single truth to be told? You see here with you saying there is no single truth to be told..you reveal you have a better grasp of the complexity required for the POTUS role, than Trump has. He is always speaking the truth about what he believes. The issue is what he believes might have grave consequences for the rest of the world because he is a man who is in a role that is very much about watching his mouth, watching his behavior, and watching who he offends.

In history? There are people who know how to play their historical role well. I might not agree with their political positions or their political philosophy, and who's cultural background I find alien to my own. But they know how to play the role they were asked to fill well. Trump aint one of the them Foxdemon. He lacks the ability to read a situation and adjust the message so as to conceal his true intentions. That is something critical in politicians. Absolutely critical. He lacks that. He has been a spoiled little dictator in a limited role of businessman mogul in real estate in New York. Many thought that that is equivalent in skill sets with the POTUS. It is not. At all.

Anyway, what I want conservatives to do is admit what they truly believe. No matter how uncomfortable that may be. If you believe Foxdemon that Haiti and African nations and nations like my nation, Puerto Rico are shitholes and inferior? Have the courage to say so. Stand up for what you believe.

I happen to think that kind of true honesty is better than hiding and playing some liberal game of equality and then behind closed doors? Talk of inferior nations filled with inferior people not worth respecting in diplomatic relationships and economic relationships. But got to play the role. Trump can't play the role he needs to play because he lacks the skill set. The disposition, etc. He can't do it.

You can. You see Foxdemon? I truly don't believe in shithole nations. I don't. I believe as long as there are people and human beings of any race, creed, or color or class present in those nations? All of human potential and talents are there. Latent or not latent and obvious or not obvious. But present. All humanity has diversity. Diversity has a seed of greatness. In every race, color, group, ethnicity. Its function is to foster survival, originality and adaptation to changing conditions. Nothing is static. For humans, for nature or for anyone. It is all dependent on the conditions and the possibilities that are present and people are master adapters. That is how we grew into who we are now. The people, mostly conservative, class conscious believers Foxdemon like you and others? They forget that. They think that human beings are sort of like cars or shoes or something. A luxury brand, an economy class, a cheap bottom of the barrel quality etc. But humans are not that. They are little universes with vast potential in every cell. Of vast creative potentials. You change their circumstances and conditions and they rise to the challenge.

A shithole nation can become one of advancement and power. And vice versa. It depends on many factors. All of it has to do with how much time, effort and investment in developing human potential you put in. You get out what you put in. And in that sense? All the nations supposedly 'shithole' in the conservative world have the potential and ability to become paragons of progress and productivity. It depends on what kinds of humans are influencing the conditions.

Humans of all races, nationalities and colors, creeds, ethnicities are powerhouses of possibilities. They are not cars built with a purpose that is single minded only. They are universes of possibilities. It is not hard to imagine. Because some astronomists say we are as humans made of the same stuff as the stars, and every powerful and living and changing and evolving thing in the world.

And if that true? Which I believe it is....then the unchanging and judgmental shit that comes from the 'shithole' nation believers is exactly that. Shit. And untrue.

But? If you agree with them as most conservatives do. And if you Foxdemon believe in the white nations are right and the rest are wrong. Don't be afraid to admit it. That is being true to your beliefs. And all of us have an obligation to do that. It is what makes us able to be people who are consistent in our world paradigm. If you don't truly believe that Foxdemon? You don't have to try to cover it. You aren't a politician so far. You are a poster. From down under.

I like you. Even when you are a pain in the ass. :lol:
Pants-of-dog wrote:Trump’s behaviour to other nations is already detrimental regardless of his latest snafu in regards to Haiti and Africa. This is why the ambassador is quitting and sent in his resignation before the latest foot in mouth episode.

I was responding to Zag's comment, which was posted immediately above mine.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]