First primate clones created in Chinese laboratory - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

First monkey clones created in Chinese laboratory

Two monkeys have been cloned using the technique that produced Dolly the sheep.

Identical long-tailed macaques Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua were born several weeks ago at a laboratory in China.

Scientists say populations of monkeys that are genetically identical will be useful for research into human diseases.

But critics say the work raises ethical concerns by bringing the world closer to human cloning.

Qiang Sun of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Neuroscience said the cloned monkeys will be useful as a model for studying diseases with a genetic basis, including some cancers, metabolic and immune disorders.

Read more- http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42809445

Thoughts?
Varax wrote:Excellent news :up:
You should donate your mind body and soul to science, Varax. You'd be more useful as a laboratory experiment. Come on, Varax... Help science! You can help us create the first (public) human clone! I'll dedicate a thread to you, and I'll write a wiki-page called 'Varax,' the selfless savoir of human cloning. People will remember you for like a couple of weeks. I'm sure someone will post "Excellent news" in my thread dedicated to you. Wouldn't it be great? Right now you're just taking up space in this thread. Why comment on excellent news when you could be the excellent news! :excited: For real, you wouldn't have to be a one-liner, you'd be a head-liner!
RhetoricThug wrote:You should donate your mind body and soul to science, Varax. You'd be more useful as a laboratory experiment. Come on, Varax... Help science! You can help us create the first (public) human clone! I'll dedicate a thread to you, and I'll write a wiki-page called 'Varax,' the selfless savoir of human cloning. People will remember you for like a couple of weeks. I'm sure someone will post "Excellent news" in my thread dedicated to you. Wouldn't it be great? Right now you're just taking up space in this thread. Why comment on excellent news when you could be the excellent news! :excited: For real, you wouldn't have to be a one-liner, you'd be a head-liner!

Oh my dear RhetoricThug how I've missed you. I see you've missed me too. :)

Well what can I say? I am an organ donor and well on my way with already receiving hormone treatments and eventually surgery so I can finally rid myself of my dysphoria. I'm all too happy to advance the cause of science RT. Who knows what we may accomplish in the next few decades? :borg:

Would you really write me a wiki-page? How sweet of you dear, see you do care. :)

I might have to pass on being cloned though, do you really want more of me walking around? Isn't one enough for you? That's a rather scary thought.
Saeko wrote:No, it's the one with the fun-cave, not the one with the joy-stick.

Look, Saeko, I think you are half right.

What is needed is both the fun cave and the joy stick. One is not better than the other. In fact life sucks with one alone. What is required is an acknowledgement of the radical equality of both and the resulting higher attainment of their combination beyond what could otherwise be achieved in isolation.

Don’t argue with me, I am completely right.
I hope they don’t use those poor monkeys for experiments ☹️

Also @Varax I hope this isn’t too forward as I don’t think we’ve ever spoken :?: but, do you get offended by the term ladies and gentleman?

Everybody is a little bit mixed.

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]